Tips that fit the Zen Aurvana
Jun 24, 2007 at 12:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

GlorytheWiz825

Headphoneus Supremus
I recently purchased the Zen Aurvana but find the stock tips to be very uncomfortable. Anyone know other tips that fit the Aurvana?

Jun 24, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #2 of 8
If it's the larger diameter nozzle, like the EX71/EP-630/any of the popular canalphones, try the Shure E2C black soft tips or foamies. If the nozzle is the smaller one, so E4/ER-4P/UM2, then grab a Shure fit kit and experiment.

Jun 24, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it's the larger diameter nozzle, like the EX71/EP-630/any of the popular canalphones, try the Shure E2C black soft tips or foamies. If the nozzle is the smaller one, so E4/ER-4P/UM2, then grab a Shure fit kit and experiment.

Hmmm, actually not quite as simple as that. I own the CX300 and those tips don't fit the Aurvana. They're too big. I also tried some tips I have left over from previous Shure earphones, and those are too small. I was hoping someone would know some other tips that I could use.

Jun 24, 2007 at 3:57 AM Post #4 of 8
Hmm, weird size then for them, huh? Sorry, don't know any other tips that might fit.
And OT, but you got them at BB last time they were on sale, right?

Jun 24, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, weird size then for them, huh? Sorry, don't know any other tips that might fit.
And OT, but you got them at BB last time they were on sale, right?

Yeah, I actually bought 5 pairs. -_-; 4 pairs for my gf to give as gifts to her friends/family and 1 for me. I bought these to replace the CX300 but it turns out I don't find them very comfortable. :/

Jun 24, 2007 at 2:52 PM Post #7 of 8
5 pairs? Wow. I owned them and sold them at a major loss. Didn't do it for me. And if the stock silicone tips hurt/annoy, you are going to have a hard time finding alternatives. While the sound wasn't appealing, the fit was comfortable for me. Sorry for the bad news. Didn't the tips come in three sizes? Have you tried them all?

Jun 24, 2007 at 5:10 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
5 pairs? Wow. I owned them and sold them at a major loss. Didn't do it for me. And if the stock silicone tips hurt/annoy, you are going to have a hard time finding alternatives. While the sound wasn't appealing, the fit was comfortable for me. Sorry for the bad news. Didn't the tips come in three sizes? Have you tried them all?

Yeah, tried the other tips as well. The big tips hurt my ears even more and the small tips caused the phones to slip out of my ear. Alright, looks like I have to get used to these or make my own foam?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back