Tiny ear canals - good sleeves?
Nov 5, 2007 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

kylezo

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone!

I recently upgraded to the Atrio M5s' and after I recived them I started out with the default medium bi-flange tips. They worked okay but I found that I preferred the small. Then I bought some small Shure olive foamies and I use those and the small bi-flanges both. The problem is, these all feel too big. Do I have abnormally small ear canals or what? Does anyone have any suggestions? I think I like the seal with the flanges better...it may be my imagination but sometimes it seems like the foamies are 'absorbing' the highs in my music.

Thank you!

Nov 5, 2007 at 11:39 PM Post #2 of 6
If the Etymotics bi-flanges fit the M5's, you might try those. (The small Shure black foamies fit both my M5's and my Etymotics ER6i's, so there's some reason to think that the Ety flanges would fit on the M5's ... but I can't guarantee it.)

Nov 5, 2007 at 11:58 PM Post #3 of 6
I see...are those much smaller than the small bi-flanges provided with the M5s?

I'll look into it.
Thanks!

Nov 6, 2007 at 1:11 AM Post #4 of 6
I believe so. I totally ignored the flanges that came with the M5's (I just don't like most flanges; the Ety bi-flanges seem small to me, but maybe they're just softer, or something ... they're the only flanges that I've liked at all).

I've heard that Jays small flanges are about the smallest, but I've never seen them and I have no idea whether they would fit your earphones.

EDIT: I think the short Comply foams might fit for you, as they're a lot softer than the black Shure foamies. I find them more comfortable than the Shures, but they won't last nearly as long ... also, they too, seem to tone down highs, which is fine with my Etys but which you might not like.

Nov 6, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #5 of 6
I have small ear canals as well (small black shure foam tips are a bit uncomfortable
frown.gif
) but the Etymotic bi-flanges work ok. Also, any of the very soft foam tips (not the shure style) are very comfy.

Nov 26, 2007 at 12:35 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks for the tips, folks. other ideas are welcome! Ill look into the recommendations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back