Tinnitus - Who has them here and what do you do with it

Tinnitus - Who has it here?

• Total voters
Dec 10, 2021 at 2:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 82

fattycheesebeef

100+ Head-Fier
I think I’ve got it recently. In a nutshell, I have a tiny ringing sound in my ear and can’t shake it off.

In my early 30s, I seldom listen to loud music. I am really baffled and disturbed by the fact I got this ringing.

Who has them here and how do you guys deal with it and with listening to music?

Dec 10, 2021 at 3:30 AM Post #2 of 82
I work in the medical line. Tinnitus is a symptom. It doesn't really tell the cause or diagnosis.

There are many reasons for tinnitus, ranging from minor to serious. The best advise is to see a nearby doctor to get evaluated and further advise/treatment, as the treatment is customized to the root cause.

Dec 10, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #3 of 82
The first thing to do would be to make sure it's actually tinnitus and not just venous hum that you started noticing, which isn't something that can be treated to the best of my knowledge unless it's caused by hypertension.

Dec 14, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #5 of 82
There are many things that can be tinnitus and causes. There can be inflammation around the ear sensory area that causes it. TMD, TMJ, etc.. Also, high blood pressure that causes tinnitus around the auditory system area. So, it's not generally hearing damage that people assume it is.

So, watch your weight, and be healthy because stuff liike tinnitus rides on your health. Good intense cardio exercises help with how clearly your sensory system works due to better blood flow. Intense cardio is known to expand the blood vessels to make blood flow much better. If your mental state is cloudy means you are not active enough, and audio will not sound as good as it should.

There is really no point of high quality gear if your sensory system sucks. The health of your sensory system should take precedence over the gear.

My best listening sessions are after a good intense cardio session.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #9 of 82
There is really no point of high quality gear if your sensory system sucks. The health of your sensory system should take precedence over the gear.

Amen!

Many people don't even realize they have bad hearing until it's too late, and worst yet, continue to expose to harsh conditions.

I have tinnitus but still have good hearing. I never crank my music up and prefer to listen in low volume. Hence gears with decent dynamics on low volume is an important factor for me when shopping for a new audio gear.

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #10 of 82
Fact: Summit Fi's demographics are 50+ aged folks (aged hearing) that thinks that expensive price sounds better. Since the hearing has declined, it's totally gear-fi.

Young kids with great hearing loves their airpods and don't care about minute stuff that's scaled in price ridiculously.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #11 of 82
Too many concerts with no hearing protection and working around loud jet aircraft in the military with not so great hearing protection ensured I'd have it. Had someone told me oh so many years ago that hearing loss is cumulative and tinnitus is permanent, I might have "wussed out" and worn some kind of ear plugs when Iron Maiden was playing at max volume.

Jan 14, 2022 at 6:38 PM Post #13 of 82
Would tinnitus get worse over time?
I don't think it's that straightforward. It can go both ways, better or worse. Tinnitus isn't strictly result of loss of hearing. It can be many things. It can be inflammation, blood pressure too high, too much fat in body, etc.. If you lose weight, address the inflammation, or blood pressure, of course it will go back toward normal.

I've heard some people say they got it from sleep deprivation. Some say blood pressure. Some say inflammation. There are all kinds of way the ear area can be effected. And certain cases, the severity can be reversed.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #14 of 82
I don't think it's that straightforward. It can go both ways, better or worse. Tinnitus isn't strictly result of loss of hearing. It can be many things. It can be inflammation, blood pressure too high, too much fat in body, etc.. If you lose weight, address the inflammation, or blood pressure, of course it will go back toward normal.

I've heard some people say they got it from sleep deprivation. Some say blood pressure. Some say inflammation. There are all kinds of way the ear area can be effected. And certain cases, the severity can be reversed.

I see. I'm waiting to get MRI scan on my ears/head. I'm in my early thirties and didn't liked having this. No high blood pressure, not obese, may have inflammation somewhere haha

It was disturbing at first at night but now gotta used to it. I just hope it doesn't get worse. I stopped using IEMs now for the fear of getting worse or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Back