Time to replace my Auzentech Forte.
Nov 25, 2013 at 4:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

quetzalin

New Head-Fier
Hello!,

I'm completly new into HiFi audio equipment so i'm here to ask for advice.

I currently own an Auzentech Forte and my headphones are Sennheiser HD555 (50ohm version i believe), i mainly use my computer for movies, music and gaming but i don't really care about gaming sound but the other two i do.

I'm done with all the issues im having and everyone has/had with the Auzentech and i don't really like any of the other solutions from Asus or Creative (even tho the STX looks very appealing but still) so i'm looking for other solutions. I didn't know about external DAC/AMP solutions until today and after trying to find some info two external DACs / AMPs came into my mind.

One is the Matrix Cube and the other one is Matrix M-Stage HPA-1 USB, i don't know which one is better so im here to ask for recommendations, the reason of this two is because i can buy them in a local store but im also open for any other options about the same price.

Also, my idea is to stay with my current headphones for a while and upgrade later (probably next month).

Nov 27, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #2 of 2
So, anyone? i still can't decide and now also iFi iDAC would be another option i'm considering.

When i upgrade my headphones i also will buy an AMP since at the moment with my HD555 an AMP seems a waste and i guess the M-Stage HPA-1 USB seems the worst option of all 3 since his DAC is the worse?, but not sure how u can compare the iDAC and the Matrix Cube (being the iDAC more expensive).

Also i have a pair of monitor speakers i would like to connect to the DAC, is that possible with any (or all) of them? (i don't mind if i have to unplug the headphones for it to work).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back