Time to get in shape: What is YOUR personal work-out?
Jun 18, 2006 at 7:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

ShaftedTwice

100+ Head-Fier
How do you work out, such as exercises and schedules? Post your own session of working out, this is mine, but those pictures are not me..:

Quote:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday (Try to anyways)
Upper body:
[1]Pectoral Butterflies

[2]Grip Pull-downs
close-grip-pulldown-bottom.jpg

[3]Pushdowns
tricep-pushdowns-bottom.jpg

[4]Tricep Dumbell Raise
one-arm-dumbell-rows-top.jpg

[5]Situps - Left/Middle/Right

[6]Dumbell Curls

[7]Pushups

[8]Benchpress

I do 3 sets of this and I call it a day.

Quote:

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
Lower Body
Take a 1-2 mile run

Yeah, that is basically my workout. Let's hear yours!
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2006 at 8:12 PM Post #2 of 42
I ride my pushbike up to my grandmothers 2 or 3 times per week. It's a 20-mile round trip, mainly along the canal. I also ride down to my sisters 3-4 times per week - 6-7 miles round trip - roads and country-lanes.

Thats about it. Unless I'm working on the cars of my friends & family. Cylinder heads and manifolds are fairly heavy
wink.gif

I masturbate a lot. Does that count?
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

--Rich

Jun 18, 2006 at 8:17 PM Post #3 of 42
Should have seen my workout routine when I was 27yo. I was a gym rat to say the least. Eat lots of tuna, and chicken. I used to lift heavy at low reps. Use the basic power lifts to get some bulk up. Deadlifts, squats, leg presses, and inclined and standard benchpress. Always give a muscle group a day off to recover and rebuild. You can work calves, forearms and abs everyday as they are used a lot during the day.

I was a big believer in pyramiding sets as well. Go low to high and get to full fatigue, emphasis on the negative (slow and for a long time).

Anyway, that is what I recall from those days. Now I jsut go for walks and watch my intake. I need to lose more weight though.

Jun 18, 2006 at 8:40 PM Post #4 of 42
My personal workout is get up, have a cup of tea and smoke a fag. Drag myself into the shower and then workout using some soap on my body. After this exhausting exercise it's time for another cup of tea and a fag. Entire day thereafter is spent recovering from the workout in the shower and smoking fags then it's time for bed where I workout with some crisps, chocolate, sandwiches and grapes.

Jun 18, 2006 at 8:52 PM Post #5 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
Should have seen my workout routine when I was 27yo. I was a gym rat to say the least. Eat lots of tuna, and chicken. I used to lift heavy at low reps. Use the basic power lifts to get some bulk up. Deadlifts, squats, leg presses, and inclined and standard benchpress. Always give a muscle group a day off to recover and rebuild. You can work calves, forearms and abs everyday as they are used a lot during the day.

I was a big believer in pyramiding sets as well. Go low to high and get to full fatigue, emphasis on the negative (slow and for a long time).

Anyway, that is what I recall from those days. Now I jsut go for walks and watch my intake. I need to lose more weight though.

That's some heavy workout man.. But yeah, I've followed that "give a muscle group a day off to rebuild", your just tearing down the muscle if you don't..

I sometimes pyramid the sets, depends on how much weight I am doing/can handle at the time.

--

Sounds like a full day PinkFloyd
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2006 at 8:53 PM Post #6 of 42
I walk a lot. I enjoy walking. I'll never be the type of person to enjoy gym work.

PinkFloyd's workout sound pretty familiar though.

Jun 18, 2006 at 9:27 PM Post #7 of 42
Your title says "get in shape" but your work out seems more like "muscle building" to me. Getting in shape, IMO, doesn't really require much more than 30 minutes to an hour of cardio exercising 4 or more times a week. Swimming, walking, running, jogging, biking, etc, should more than suffice to "get in shape." Just start out easy and slowly increase how much you do as your stamina increases. As far as building muscle.. There are so many theories out there that all you really have to do is pick one that you think is good for you. I've always liked the eat lots of protein and carbs mixed with low reps/high weight.

Jun 18, 2006 at 9:47 PM Post #8 of 42
Raise glass. Tilt glass. Lower glass. Repeat until glass is empty. Take 2 minutes rest, refill the glass with more beer and perform 11 more repititions. Rest.

Jun 18, 2006 at 10:00 PM Post #9 of 42
I have Hip-Hop class Tues & Thrus, where the class basically dance, do stretch exercises, and abonimal excercises. I also play tennis for abour 3 hours a day, 3 times a week; and go to the gym (for lifting) every other day of the week for 2 hours each time. Right now i'm trying to find a yoga class so i can become for flexible for my dance class. =D

Jun 19, 2006 at 2:28 AM Post #12 of 42
My wife and I have recently gotten into the rowing machine (ergometer) in a big way. It hasn't yet completely replaced weights and biking.

Jun 19, 2006 at 6:26 AM Post #13 of 42
10 to 15 miles per day on bike, 4-5 days/week. Longer rides on the weekends when I can. No fitness centers for me......boring and they suck!

Jun 19, 2006 at 6:41 AM Post #14 of 42
I ride my bike about 50 miles a week. I also have a dog who I walk about 10 miles a week. I walk to and from campus for about 10 miles a week. I have two food service jobs where I have a constantly elevated heart rate from moving to and fro. I also do a series of stomach exercises 3 times a week.

Basically an arse load of cardio. Back in HS, I boxed and ran track and x-country. I would go to track or x-country practice 5 days a week and box 6 days a week with a variable lifting schedule. I was in impeccable (sp?) shape that I will never reach again, sadly.

Jun 19, 2006 at 7:27 AM Post #15 of 42
*puts on flame suit*

So you all are going to hate me but here is my body: I have a fast metabolism. I can eat whatever I want and never gain a pound. My body is very adaptable meaning that within about two weeks of doing 50 crunches before bed I can get my abs back after not exercising all year. On top of that I've been trying to build up definition in my chest and stomach and I'm getting it just by doing pushup variations (wide stance, narrow stance, raised legs, raised arms), and situps and situp variations and leg lifts. SO that's waht I do before bed in my home. I don't like the ideal of having to use tools to exercise like weights so I try to find ways to work muscles using basic body movements. i.e Parkour!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back