Time for you to review your headphones!
Dec 15, 2004 at 6:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

Iron_Dreamer

Sponsor: Audeze
Landscape-Photo-Fi
Organizer for Can Jam '09
So get your butts on over to http://www.headphonereviews.org/ , created by fellow head-fier Commando, register, and start posting your reviews. With just a little work from everyone to put in what they think about their cans, this could become a superb sister resource to head-fi. I already posted reviews of all the cans I have owned. Now it's your turn. Give back to the community that has given you all so much enjoyment, for a brighter (not sonically
tongue.gif
) and richer (again
tongue.gif
) future for headphoning!
orphsmile.gif

Dec 15, 2004 at 7:54 PM Post #4 of 33
I added a lot of cans to that site.
wink.gif

haven't gotten around to doing reviews though. too much going on.

Dec 15, 2004 at 9:43 PM Post #10 of 33
Finally other people start chipping in!
tongue.gif
I agree, this thread should be stickied. Poor commando's site hasnt recieved much attention from head-fiers. Hopefully this will change.

Dec 15, 2004 at 9:51 PM Post #12 of 33
Similar to GokieKS's comment, I noticed there is a preview button but once you preview it there is no way to go back to the input page and make changes, at least not that I found. I hit the back browser button but got an error message.

After that, I got an email message saying that high end cans like R10s and Stax would be reviewed so keep that in mind when making evaluations. I'm not sure if that was a canned message or specifically aimed at me. Anyway, I did want to tweak it a bit thinking that some charateristics may have been ranked too high but like I said, there was no going back to the input form. I don't want to put the review in again and cause a double post.

edit: I see there is no review there, but now I'm not sure it it's because it was deleted for being too "fanboy" or if it was because I hit the back button on my browser.

Dec 15, 2004 at 11:33 PM Post #14 of 33
Thanks for announcing it Iron_Dreamer, this thread explains the sudden surge of registrations and reviews this morning
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks to everyone for their reviews, too.

GokieKS/erikzen : be a little patient, your reviews appear only after I manually approve your registration. That's done now for everyone. Once you're approved your reviews appear as soon as you submit them.

erikzen: from the preview screen the back button should work ok. If it asks you if you want to refresh i'd probably hit yes, but it never asks me. I have to guess you're using Internet Explorer.... I must get around to testing in that some time, I use Mozilla/Firefox.

Since there seems to be such a huge demand, i'll try and find time to add an "edit review" function on the weekend. If you can wait and do the edits yourself next week just wait and do it, otherwise use the contact form on my site. Better still, make sure you submit it correctly the first time
wink.gif

The email notification that approves your user is partly template, but I also add a message to some people depending on their application. The general theme is to point out that we're comparing with the best headphones in the world, so if you score cheap headphones too highly i'll change your user to junior membership. For example, one guy rated some $100 headphones at an average of 9/10, so I had no choice but to mark his reviews as not to be used. Just use common sense and remember that 5/10 is average, and average is a good score when you're comparing with the likes of Senn 650s and $3000 electrostatic headphones.

Any questions/comments/suggestions are welcome, here, on the development thread (link below), or on the contact form. I get to your emails as quickly as I can, but i'm quite busy and it can take 24 hours for me to find time to read the emails, and even longer to make requested changes. I do get to everything eventually.

Dec 15, 2004 at 11:42 PM Post #15 of 33
In the wizard next to open, supra-aural headphones "it says we're not sure if any of these actually exist," but Grados are open, supra aural 'phones - it's a small nit-pick, I know. I like the idea of the review site but I'm still unsure of its interface. Maybe I'll upload some reviews when I have some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back