Tidal
Jun 14, 2016 at 11:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

markkr

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm being sucked back into this glorious hobby after a long hiatus. I was introduced to Tidal about 2 weeks ago, and tonight I finally sat down and started building playlists. I just spent the last 4hrs building playlists only to find out that the songs I've been adding... arent actually getting added!! OMG I just wasted 4 full hours with this damn app. I love the audio quality but this just pisses me off to the point that I dont want to use it anymore.

FWIW I have tried using the regular Mac Tidal desktop app, and the Audirvana+ app. I certainly like the A+ interface better but it seems even more buggy than Tidal's own app.

Any suggestions? if not I'll just stick with my old school iTunes library...

Thanks.

Dec 13, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #3 of 11
Tidal may only have enough cash left to last six months
Music streaming service Tidal is facing both money and user growth woes, according to Norway's Dagens Næringsliv. After reportedly losing roughly NOK$368 million ($44 million dollars) before taxes in 2016, Tidal is now left with just enough cash to last six months. This despite Sprint buying a 33 percent stake in Jay-Z's streaming service in January. The $200 million deal, which included a reported $75 million fund for exclusive content, should've given Tidal "sufficient working capital for the next 12-18 months," said Jay Z's business partner and Roc Nation Sports president Juan Perez (via DN).

Apr 24, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #4 of 11
Tidal drops support for iOS devices older than iOS 11.

I found that my attempts to log on from an older iPhone resulted in an "Username or password not recognized" error. I wasted time trying various things to get logged in, and then I got an email from Tidal saying only iOS 11 and above would now be supported.

I sent the following email to Tidal

I am VERY unhappy that Tidal no longer allows me to log in from an older release.

I use an old iPhone 4s (iOS 9.3.6) as a streaming device and until this notice it worked very well.

What is your reason for removing this service?

I feel this is a failure to meet your responsibilities to users with older devices.

Please consider allowing older releases to connect to the Tidal server.

Awaiting a response.

Apr 24, 2021 at 7:22 PM Post #5 of 11
I'm a long-sh time tidal subscriber but I've had a love hate relationship with it. I'm currently doing the 3 month trial subscription for Deezer hi-fi level. It has very good streaming quality. I'm not yet decided as to whether I like the interface or not. I really enjoy spotify's layout and music discovery algorithm but spotify's streaming quality is garbage. Hoping they release hi-fi soon and hoping its good. I really don't like much about TIdal though.

Apr 24, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #6 of 11
Oh one more thing, there is a service called soundiiz that transfers your playlists etc between platforms. Its not the most straightforward app but works. Its 4.50 a month and you can just sign up for one month, get everything transferred over, then cancel. Sure beats spending hours typing everything into a new platform...

Apr 26, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #7 of 11
Tidal drops support for iOS devices older than iOS 11.

I found that my attempts to log on from an older iPhone resulted in an "Username or password not recognized" error. I wasted time trying various things to get logged in, and then I got an email from Tidal saying only iOS 11 and above would now be supported.

I sent the following email to Tidal

I am VERY unhappy that Tidal no longer allows me to log in from an older release.

I use an old iPhone 4s (iOS 9.3.6) as a streaming device and until this notice it worked very well.

What is your reason for removing this service?

I feel this is a failure to meet your responsibilities to users with older devices.

Please consider allowing older releases to connect to the Tidal server.

Awaiting a response.
Response from Tidal support on Monday:

It looks like you're using an older version of the TIDAL app on one or more of your devices.

Please update to the latest version of the app from your App Store on all your devices to continue listening to your favorite music. Please note that the TIDAL app only works on iOS 11 and higher.

We regularly update the TIDAL app to improve your streaming experience.
Please make sure you have the latest version on your devices to get the best listening experience. |

Update Now

Thank you,
TIDAL

I wrote back to say I don't care about updates. The app worked fine for me on my old iPhone (repurposed as a streaming iPod) for years.

Aug 9, 2023 at 3:42 AM Post #9 of 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back