Tidal Lossless Streaming
Apr 30, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #2,431 of 5,209
I hate the Apple Music UI, it is atrocious. I might try it again just to see, but I also am not a fan of iTunes at all and I dislike having that bloatware product on my computer. For me I almost always find what I need on Tidal, but there are occasions when I don't and I'm fine with that. Still, I'll try Apple again and see. It is good to never be rigid in your views so I do need to try other services.

Apr 30, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #2,432 of 5,209
  I hate the Apple Music UI, it is atrocious. I might try it again just to see, but I also am not a fan of iTunes at all and I dislike having that bloatware product on my computer. For me I almost always find what I need on Tidal, but there are occasions when I don't and I'm fine with that. Still, I'll try Apple again and see. It is good to never be rigid in your views so I do need to try other services.

I thought I would ahet it too but if you truly love discovering new music I can't recommend Apple music enough as the UI actually guide you through each artist , tells u the biography, similar artists and who is influenced by. I just discovered Robert Johnson blues and Jefferson from just looking at one blues artist and who he was influenced by. I learnt so much more and discover so many more artists. 

Also since I am sub to all three services right now I have checked all three services for missing artists and I can tell you that Tidal is missing a **** ton like more than you think. Spoon,White stripe, Bright eyes, Stroke, Swans, and so many more. I spent the whole day doing this just so u know.

Apr 30, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #2,433 of 5,209
  I thought I would ahet it too but if you truly love discovering new music I can't recommend Apple music enough as the UI actually guide you through each artist , tells u the biography, similar artists and who is influenced by. I just discovered Robert Johnson blues and Jefferson from just looking at one blues artist and who he was influenced by. I learnt so much more and discover so many more artists. 

Also since I am sub to all three services right now I have checked all three services for missing artists and I can tell you that Tidal is missing a **** ton like more than you think. Spoon,White stripe, Bright eyes, Stroke, Swans, and so many more. I spent the whole day doing this just so u know.

My friend also likes Apple Music for the discovery feature similar to your experience. For me that is important, but less so as I already have more music than I have time for, and I only go into discovery mode periodically as otherwise I find what little time I have is often too consumed by searching. Still, I do very much enjoy finding new artists so I will certainly revisit Apple Music. Cheers.

Apr 30, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #2,434 of 5,209
Apr 30, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #2,435 of 5,209
  Thank you!
I rather figured it must be a license issue, as mentioned has happened for other songs in the US.

Yes regional licensing seems to be a rather large issue. For instance, I am a big fan of a fantastic compilation series put out by Wagram Music in France. I own most of the collection on disc (highly, highly recommend the collection) but Tidal had only Vol. 17 I think, and even then, only certain songs so obviously this is licensing issues at play and a stark example that even when a company holds the rights such as Wagram does, it can only control some of the artists in some markets.

Apr 30, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #2,436 of 5,209
  My friend also likes Apple Music for the discovery feature similar to your experience. For me that is important, but less so as I already have more music than I have time for, and I only go into discovery mode periodically as otherwise I find what little time I have is often too consumed by searching. Still, I do very much enjoy finding new artists so I will certainly revisit Apple Music. Cheers.

Yeah I get what you mean about time, I guess I just like to discover new music to broaden my taste. Would really recommend giving apple music a try though cause I wasn't expecting to like it after trying spotify and tidal but who knew I would love the Ui and hand-curated playlist.Also this is the only streaming service that actually recommends albums and not just tracks.

Thank you!
I rather figured it must be a license issue, as mentioned has happened for other songs in the US.

Hmmm...
Perhaps I'll need to trial Apple Music, if the free trial is still an option. Thank you, too!

The trial is still available as I have just sub it yesterday.  Licensing is real issue especially if you're nto from the US like me. 

Apr 30, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #2,437 of 5,209
Currently subbed to Tidal as my main streaming service but also to Spotify. I bought my wife a family add on account when I was just using Spotify. Now I'm on Tidal it's still cheaper to have the two individual Spotify accounts then add her a family account to Tidal.
To make things complicated Drakes new album is an Apple Music exclusive. So tempted!

I recommend Sturgill Simpson's latest album on Tidal for all you subscribers. It's country and can't say I care too much for the out and out country tracks. The Ballads are to die for though and the production is exceptional. Soaring orchestral sections with folk/country guitar and vocals.

May 3, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #2,439 of 5,209
Is there anyway to download particular songs of an album/s as offline contents? Apple Music seemed to have that feature. I can download whole albums, but 'Tracks' is missing in the offline contents thingy.
I stream music for portability. Downloading whole albums on my iPhone is certainly not an option for me due to shortage of space, even though I do have the 128 GB version. My collection is really big. I stream to discover new music before I go out and buy the record for my home use and have the ability to listen to anything I want at whatever time I wish for. The inability to download particular songs of an album is really killing it for me. :frowning2:

Is there any work around that anyone knows of, except the downloading the album's songs as a playlist? That is a very shabby way to listen to music, and one can't even shuffle the whole thing as well when one is out of Internet. I'm on iOS BTW, transferring from Apple Music. The lack of this feature is really fencing me badly. :frowning2:

May 4, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #2,440 of 5,209
There was an update to the Tidal app on my PC just now. Anyone know what it did? Can't find any info.

May 4, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #2,445 of 5,209
Latest update is bad! After update it'll "play" a song without sound. What I mean is it will look like it's playing, but it's not. I have to go into settings and switch to default sound output and then back to my DAC. It's happened after every song so far. Gonna reset my computer and give it another try.

Hmmmmmm... after restarting I've had had to do it once so far.

It keeps happening randomly. It mutes the Windows volume control. Which should be disabled once I check "Force Volume" under Tidal settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back