Tidal Lossless Streaming
Apr 23, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #2,416 of 5,209
I travel with my laptop, which I've semi-tricked out for audiophile purposes, but usually hotel Wi-Fi is crap, so don't listen through my phone; I listen through my laptop.

Anyway, It's no bother. Have no interest in bucking the system.

Yah, that was stupid of me not to think about laptop over desktop, I often use my laptop. I'm sure that is why Tidal doesn't do a PC offline mode as it would be a lot easier to crack. I wonder if Tidal running on a rooted Android is more likely to give up it's secrets?

Apr 28, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #2,417 of 5,209
I have decided to go with Tidal after spending many days sub both to Spotify and Tidal, trying to see what music is missing and if the high quality streaming is worth it.

Even though Tidal lacks many artist and albums in terms of variety. Tidal has a more complete discography for the artist they have, and also the only one carrying prince discography. I still think that its the better choice simply because I have 40 million flac version songs and not have to deal with foobar and soulseek.

Tidal has certainly improve in stability since its launch. Also i love the UI and how u can enlarge the album art while listening and als9 u cam have the cover art spin like an act

Spotify may have better variety but it still is 320kbps and not flac. So I think its worth it and will just use my CD rips to feel up wat is missing on tidal.

Do you guys think if Tidal will ever those artists who are missing?  Also I wished tidal had more black metal playlist like spotify instead there's only 2 playlist that is black metal...

Apr 28, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #2,418 of 5,209
  I have decided to go with Tidal after spending many days sub both to Spotify and Tidal, trying to see what music is missing and if the high quality streaming is worth it.

Even though Tidal lacks many artist and albums in terms of variety. Tidal has a more complete discography for the artist they have, and also the only one carrying prince discography. I still think that its the better choice simply because I have 40 million flac version songs and not have to deal with foobar and soulseek.

Tidal has certainly improve in stability since its launch. Also i love the UI and how u can enlarge the album art while listening and als9 u cam have the cover art spin like an act

Spotify may have better variety but it still is 320kbps and not flac. So I think its worth it and will just use my CD rips to feel up wat is missing on tidal.

Do you guys think if Tidal will ever those artists who are missing?  Also I wished tidal had more black metal playlist like spotify instead there's only 2 playlist that is black metal...

A good decision, I think.  I still have both subscriptions, intending to transition fully to Tidal, but I keep Spotify hanging around still, due to having more artists.  Tidal's superior sound is sometimes obvious to me, and sometimes not.  Having music videos and live performance videos is also a Tidal advantage.  Tidal seems to be steadily adding tracks and artists.  

Apr 28, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #2,419 of 5,209
I noticed the stuff that is well mastered was noticeably better, while the badly recorded stuff didn't make made it harder to tell the difference.

Apr 28, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #2,420 of 5,209

A good decision, I think.  I still have both subscriptions, intending to transition fully to Tidal, but I keep Spotify hanging around still, due to having more artists.  Tidal's superior sound is sometimes obvious to me, and sometimes not.  Having music videos and live performance videos is also a Tidal advantage.  Tidal seems to be steadily adding tracks and artists.  

I have found out that Tidal is missing a more than hald of M83 discography including his latest LP "Junk" while Sotify ahs it . We should craewte a list of missing msuci in Tidal and a date to see when it'll come though.
  I noticed the stuff that is well mastered was noticeably better, while the badly recorded stuff didn't make made it harder to tell the difference.

Me too, however I tried palying flac files on foobar 2k and comapred it to the flac on TIdal and I hear noticable improvements on foobar 2k. I ahve to do more test today though but I am not surprise if an offline flac file has better quality than one that is stream over the net.

Apr 29, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #2,422 of 5,209
Well, M83 "Junk" is available in Sweden so the reason for it not to be available in your country is most likely Record label agreements. I have totally 9 different album (and some more Deluxe versions) and 6 EP's available of M83.

If you want to improve Tidal sound you can run it through Foobar2000 (Foobar Upnp+Foobar Asio add-on)>BubbleUnpn Server and Control it via either BubbleDS Next on Android or Kazoo on iOS...phone or tablet. The improvement lays in the player. Tidal have more options than any other Streaming service to improve the sound of the player. How it sound depends highly on how you set it up and what hardware you are using.

Apr 29, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #2,423 of 5,209
Well, M83 "Junk" is available in Sweden so the reason for it not to be available in your country is most likely Record label agreements. I have totally 9 different album (and some more Deluxe versions) and 6 EP's available of M83.

Junk by name, Junk by nature. That album is straight up trash to my ears - hard to believe the same artist made a quality album like Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts...

Apr 29, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #2,424 of 5,209

Junk by name, Junk by nature. That album is straight up trash to my ears - hard to believe the same artist made a quality album like Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts...

I would´nt go that far to say that that album is junk by nature. I agree that his earlier album is better....but I do like this track for example...even though it is very "easy listening"! :wink: Overall a 3 out of 5 in my book and a + for HQ recording.

Apr 29, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #2,425 of 5,209
Here is a example of newly released good music on Tidal.

Damien Jurado Quchina
http://tidal.com/album/57497285

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/lsBmlUUW2aM[/VIDEO]

Enjoy! :)

Apr 29, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #2,426 of 5,209
Deleted, who cares anyway so why make a space wasting post!

Apr 30, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #2,427 of 5,209
Here is a example of newly released good music on Tidal.

Damien Jurado Quchina
http://tidal.com/album/57497285

Enjoy!
smily_headphones1.gif

I am sorry but I have cancel my tidal sub and instead sub to apple music. there are jkust way too much music missing from there while Apple has the biggest variety in artists and actually know my taste, guess I'll be sacrificing hi-fi for more music after all. Also apple AAc is better than the ogg spotify is using. 

Apr 30, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #2,428 of 5,209

This is literally the only song, which I have been looking for on Tidal and been unable to find.
Having no other personal music subscription services, can anyone tell me if this is available on Apple or Spotify?

Apr 30, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #2,429 of 5,209
This song is available in Sweden on Tidal on this album http://tidal.com/album/17877001

Users who are viewing this thread

Back