Tidal Lossless Streaming
May 25, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #2,536 of 5,209
He's probably asking about FiiO X7. I think it should work, but I remember reading something about problems with downloading offline-files. Don't take my word for it though.

yes it was fiio x7 i was asking about, sorry for not making it clearer, i asked now in the fiio x7 thread

May 26, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #2,537 of 5,209
I like tidal-lossless-streaming but it's not worth $20 a month to me.
it's saved me £30 already on a £20 subscription in the first month (annoys me that as with most things the $/£ conversion is 1:1 but I'll live with that).

May 26, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #2,544 of 5,209
  Have them go here   http://tidal.com/us/try-now   then select military plan right below the two selection menus. 

Oh...wow!   That is wonderful.  I was a nuclear electronics technician that served from 1987 to 1995.  I entered my name and credentials and was given the military discount.  I hate the interface of Tidal, and will continue to use Google, but at $11.99 per month, I see no reason no to use Tidal now as a supplement.

May 27, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #2,545 of 5,209
  Have them go here   http://tidal.com/us/try-now   then select military plan right below the two selection menus. 

Thanks for this!  I was able to change from a HiFi subscription to a Military HiFi subscription based on my service record.  I sincerely appreciate the tip.  Now Tidal is an even better value!  It is worth reading this thread, just for this tip.

May 27, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #2,546 of 5,209
  Oh...wow!   That is wonderful.  I was a nuclear electronics technician that served from 1987 to 1995.  I entered my name and credentials and was given the military discount.  I hate the interface of Tidal, and will continue to use Google, but at $11.99 per month, I see no reason no to use Tidal now as a supplement.

You might enjoy using Tidal with Roon.  The interface is great, and it integrates all of your own music files with Tidal seamlessly.

https://roonlabs.com

May 27, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #2,547 of 5,209

You might enjoy using Tidal with Roon.  The interface is great, and it integrates all of your own music files with Tidal seamlessly.

https://roonlabs.com

My issues is that Tidal does not offer any music library, which is the best part of the music service.  Rhapsody was great for this, but there were some songs that I could identify between their lossy and a CD.  I switched to both MOG and Spotify for several years after attempting to import my Rhapsody library to Spotify.  When Google Music came out, I had the best of both worlds.  A robust library that integrated all of my own music to fill any gaps, and they all worked perfectly when shuffling the entire library or playing genre, song, or album radio stations.  I can't hear any difference between Google's 320 kbps lame encoded mp3 files and lossless at any bit/sample rate.

If I can figure out how to get Stamp to work with my 20,000+ music library on Google, I will try to convert as many songs as I can over to Spotify, and then use Soundiz to convert those Spotify playlists over to Tidal.  So tedious.  I can export my Google library into a .csv file or .xml file with a Python script, but so far I have not found any tricks to import a list of songs from Google directly into Tidal.

Can Roon shuffle play my entire library on Tidal if I have 20,000 songs?  Can I even add 20,000 songs on Tidal?  Can I add new albums as favorites to Tidal using Roon?  I'd have to buy a new laptop just to run Roon from the specification requirements.  I currently use a cheap Windows 10 Asus laptop or a Chromebook to play Google music or Tidal.  I keep my music separate from my main gaming computer, which has it's own speakers and audio interface.  

May 28, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #2,549 of 5,209

My issues is that Tidal does not offer any music library, which is the best part of the music service.  Rhapsody was great for this, but there were some songs that I could identify between their lossy and a CD.  I switched to both MOG and Spotify for several years after attempting to import my Rhapsody library to Spotify.  When Google Music came out, I had the best of both worlds.  A robust library that integrated all of my own music to fill any gaps, and they all worked perfectly when shuffling the entire library or playing genre, song, or album radio stations.  I can't hear any difference between Google's 320 kbps lame encoded mp3 files and lossless at any bit/sample rate.

If I can figure out how to get Stamp to work with my 20,000+ music library on Google, I will try to convert as many songs as I can over to Spotify, and then use Soundiz to convert those Spotify playlists over to Tidal.  So tedious.  I can export my Google library into a .csv file or .xml file with a Python script, but so far I have not found any tricks to import a list of songs from Google directly into Tidal.

Can Roon shuffle play my entire library on Tidal if I have 20,000 songs?  Can I even add 20,000 songs on Tidal?  Can I add new albums as favorites to Tidal using Roon?  I'd have to buy a new laptop just to run Roon from the specification requirements.  I currently use a cheap Windows 10 Asus laptop or a Chromebook to play Google music or Tidal.  I keep my music separate from my main gaming computer, which has it's own speakers and audio interface.  

Roon + Tidal should work for your needs.  I have about 15K music files from rips and downloads, running on an old MacBook and it works just fine, perfectly integrated.  For your specific questions, I would suggest that you pose them at:  https://community.roonlabs.com

May 28, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #2,550 of 5,209
I am not able to stream HiFi on my phone. Connected to WiFi and have HiFi enabled. It doesn't show its playing in HiFi.

Uninstalled and reinstalled and seems to be working. Seems strange because I installed the app in a brand new phone and few days ago and it worked fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back