Thursday July 31st Stereo Exchange on Broadway has a Headphone Event WOW
Jul 16, 2014 at 8:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Frank I

Columnist/Reviewer at Headphone.Guru
 http://stereoexchange.com/latest-news/stereo-exchange-headphone-event/e  FROM 1-9PM

Stereo Exchange is one of NYC Premier High end dealers is showing their new room dedicated to Headphones. This is a big move forward for our hobby  and they could use your support. Make sure you listen to the Astrell&Kern players with some magnificent headphones they are showing.  NYC area residents a great place to hang out in for sure.mThe room looks cool and they have Beyer,Sennheiser,Audeze and Grado plust a ton of different amplifiers and DAP's. Looks like  a great time.

Jul 28, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #2 of 24

I got a chance to stop by the store on Saturday 7/26/2014. The guys there are very friendly and knowledgeable. I had a chance to listen to the Audeze LCD-X and the AK240. They even gave me an opportunity to listen to a $20k electrostatic speaker setup. I would strongly recommend visiting the store if you are ever in NYC.

Jul 28, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #3 of 24
I have already made plans to attend the event In the evening. Dave has been serving the high end and affordable audiophile market for many years. It is a great place to do business with and his whole crew is knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. Highly Recommended.

I hope to run into some local Head Fiers Thursday evening, I should get there by 7. Joe :p

Jul 28, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #6 of 24
I hear you, too bad. I am out on Long Island and am probably looking at over 1 hour if traffic agrees.

Were you able to make either of the last meets in N.Y.?, Fall in Queens, Spring in Babylon on Long Island.

Jul 29, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #7 of 24
I hear you, too bad. I am out on Long Island and am probably looking at over 1 hour if traffic agrees.

Were you able to make either of the last meets in N.Y.?, Fall in Queens, Spring in Babylon on Long Island.

Unfortunately I just got into the high end audio scene and I havent gotten a chance to visit any local meets. I have every intention on going to a few (work permitting of course).

Jul 29, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #8 of 24
I'm really interested in going; I also just started getting into high end audio, and would definitely want to see what's out there.

I have a couple of questions about this event, though:

1) Do you have to pay an entry fee?
2) Is this the kind of event where people bring their own equipment, or is it just the regular showcase of Stereo Exchange, but now open to people?

This would be my first meeting, so I'm not sure what to expect.  :x

Jul 29, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #9 of 24
  I'm really interested in going; I also just started getting into high end audio, and would definitely want to see what's out there.

I have a couple of questions about this event, though:

1) Do you have to pay an entry fee?
2) Is this the kind of event where people bring their own equipment, or is it just the regular showcase of Stereo Exchange, but now open to people?

This would be my first meeting, so I'm not sure what to expect.  :x

I believe its a free event. 

Jul 30, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #13 of 24
Anyone once else planning to be there?
smily_headphones1.gif

I should be there but not sure when. I live very close to Stereo Exchange, have bought equipment from them going back over 20 years now and like the store a lot.  They have stepped up their headphone game tremendously of late (it used to be Grado or . . . Grado) and I have had a few chances already to check out their headphone bar which has some amazing stuff in it. Also the set up is pretty intelligent with a bunch of mid-fi stuff (Beyer DT880, B&W P7, NAD Viso) out front and pretty accessible to just go up to.  And then the high-end cans (Audeze, Senn 800) are in their own room with some serious amping (McIntosh, Auralic stack). If you are ever in the hood, also check out AC Gears on 8th street off of Broadway. They have a decent selection across price ranges, and most notably have the HF HE-560 for demo. Different type of store so no high-end amps. I checked out the 560 using an O2 they have at AC Gears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back