Thrift Shop Adventures: excellent condition JBL L100's
Nov 4, 2010 at 1:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Sambones

500+ Head-Fier
I occasionally visit a local thrift shop that gets a decent amount of traffic. They often have some audio equipment there, but I haven't really found anything worthwhile there--until today! I found a pair of JBL L100 Century's for $20.

They're in good condition, with a just a few scratches and dings, and overall good. The drivers all appear to be in good condition, though the woofers look a little discolored. The foam screen is in excellent condition, too. The only fault appears to be the tweeter foam, but a quick Google search showed that eBay can supply that.

So, bottom line: SCORE!

Nov 4, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #2 of 6
Congrats! Another good reason to regularly drop in at thrift shops.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 4, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #3 of 6
congrats.
unfortunately i haven't had luck at my local thrift stores. there was a fancy pants pioneer elite universal player a few weeks ago, but it wouldn't play any cds. :/

Nov 4, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #4 of 6
Score! I've hit dry spell lately at thrift stores. Competition is getting stiff, I guess. The 100 Centuries are a real find!

Nov 4, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #5 of 6
Very nice score!

I risked my life to buy an old Kenwood stereo and Realistic/Radio-shack equalizer at a thrift store once. Not my best thrift store deal ever, but worth it for the story.

I craigslisted a Technics SL-1015. This TT makes me happy in the pants. 

I bought a pair of Klipsch Chorus speakers off of craigslist
smily_headphones1.gif
I didnt realize how large they were until I went to pick them up 
blink.gif

Nov 4, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #6 of 6
Prior to this, the only thing I've found of interest were what turned out to be White Van speakers, but I paid $2 for those. I just thought that was funny, completely unlike this. Meanwhile, it's convinced me to get my Travagan's Red amp working, again, so any help there would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back