Three Brand New Earphones: Sony IER-Z1R, IER-M9 and IER-M7
Jan 25, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #721 of 1,487
These Spinfits fit amazingly well for me. I feel like maybe the bass isn’t as prevalent though? They still sound fantastic and the large size fits me better and is more secure in my ear than anything in the M9 box for sure. I may even be imagining the bass thing. Gonna have to switch back to the Sony tips and see for sure. Very comfortable and secure tips though. I def recommend these for anyone looking for tips. Should probably have the Spiral Dots next week.

Jan 25, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #722 of 1,487
So after some back and forth, I’ve come to the conclusion that the Spinfits decrease bass, soundstage and brighten the treble...but hey they’re comfy and snug! And useless haha. Spiral Dots here we come! For now I’m enjoying the stock tips again.

Jan 27, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #725 of 1,487
Any comparisons out there with solaris?
I wish. Hell there's not even a single video on the M9, M7 or Z1R on youtube in English...like What is even going on. There's like a million in Chinese, Korean and Japanese though..I guess those folks know good IEMs..

Jan 28, 2019 at 1:32 AM Post #726 of 1,487
I’m no longer writing impression etc but I have been in this hobby for quite some times. I recently on buying/testing spree and M9 is my end game for now.

Solaris cons is more than pros imho. Not-so-good fit and isolation pull it down in my list. It’s better in term of stage (width and height) and treble is more apparent but probably due to slightly scooped out upper mid.

Jan 29, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #729 of 1,487
I got my Sony M9 now. The right-side MMCX connector seems to be loose and shaky....
Hate, hate when that happens. Makes me want to
17311879-vomiting.jpg

Jan 29, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #730 of 1,487
I got my Sony M9 now. The right-side MMCX connector seems to be loose and shaky....

Have you tried this, I use it to fix the loose connector on my N3

If you look closely at the Sony connector, It not one solid piece. It's compose of 4 separate 1/4 circle segments. The bottom protruding ring is the part the cause the loose connections as after many removals and insertions, it tends to get compressed a bit. All you need is to use a fine tweezers or a sharp razor blade and inset it between segments and ply it out a bit.

Jan 29, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #731 of 1,487
Have you tried this, I use it to fix the loose connector on my N3

If you look closely at the Sony connector, It not one solid piece. It's compose of 4 separate 1/4 circle segments. The bottom protruding ring is the part the cause the loose connections as after many removals and insertions, it tends to get compressed a bit. All you need is to use a fine tweezers or a sharp razor blade and inset it between segments and ply it out a bit.

Thanks

Anyway, let's me contact official Sony in my country first to see if they could help.

Jan 29, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #732 of 1,487
Jan 31, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #733 of 1,487
Made a blind purchase on the IER-M9's. These have definitely exceeded my expectations. Tonality is on point and everything sounds quite refined, detailed and composed even at loud volumes.

Cable is fantastic, flexible and kink-free as well.

Jan 31, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #734 of 1,487
Made a blind purchase on the IER-M9's. These have definitely exceeded my expectations. Tonality is on point and everything sounds quite refined, detailed and composed even at loud volumes.

Cable is fantastic, flexible and kink-free as well.
Did the same and agree entirely with your comments. Paired with the NW-WM1A's balanced output the combo it is an addictive and highly musical listening experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back