Thoughts on Prospective set-up?
May 27, 2017 at 12:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

RoastedPecans

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone!

I used to use this forum a lot when I first purchased my Logitech UE 6000's and Shure SE215's but I forgot my user name. Oops! Anyways, I'm now looking to upgrade my current set-up both in terms of sound and convenience. Before I jump into this I want to mention that for the sake of this post I'm talking solely about the Logitech UE 6000's and in a stationary environment (i.e. I would use this set-up at my desk and a different less complicated one on the go).

For upgrading the sound, I'm looking at buying a Creative SoundBlaster E3 DAC/AMP with Bluetooth to get a cleaner sound. I looked at buying some other cans (see below) but I couldn't really discern a difference when I listened to them in store so I figured I might get more for my buck with a DAC/AMP. I'm not too concerned about making my cans louder as I typically listen at lower volumes. With that DAC/AMP there's also some sweet "SBX Pro Studio" software that comes with it so I can finally start EQing my music. I feel like this will give me a significant step up from my built-in motherboard sound cards I've been using with no EQ and make my music sound a lot better.

For upgrading the convenience, I'm looking at buying a 3.5mm -> bluetooth adapter (like this maybe) to plug into my UE 6000's. This would allow me to have wireless headphones which I think would be awesome. I know that someones going to yell at me and say "But Bluetooth degrades the audio quality" and I'm sure it does to a degree. I'm willing to overlook that slight loss in quality in exchange for wireless headphones however and worse comes to worse I can always just plug in my cans the old fashioned way right?

Does anyone have any thoughts on this set-up? Feel free to be completely honest with me because I'm kind of winging it at this point. I know it's a little unconventional but I listened to some Sony MX1000's, BoseQuiet Comfort 35's, Bose SoundLink II's, and dare I say it some Beats Studio Wireless today at Bestbuy and Target and honestly could not tell a real difference between them and my UE 6000's despite the $250 difference (which I even listened to in the car prior to going into the stores so I could get the most immediate comparison). I'd be fine with looking at other equipment if anyone has any recommendations as far as cans/amps/dacs go, but I'm really hoping to get a wireless thing going on and I figured that this would probably save me ~$250 bucks (I was ready to spring on the Bose QC's last night before I actually listened to them so I'm definitely willing to go rather high on budget as this is my graduation present to myself).

Thanks!

EDIT: After doing a lot more research I've decided to abandon the wireless idea entirely. I'm going to go ahead and sell my Shures and get something more convenient/portable for on the go listening. For the stationary set-up I'm going to start with a DAC/AMP and see where that gets me with the UE's and then see if I want to upgrade the phones too. Thanks!

Last edited:
May 27, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #4 of 6
Those definitely look interesting. The reviews aren't too positive however.

Try this one
14289947_1200296123361252_1763159157406131978_o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back