This is amazing!
Nov 15, 2011 at 3:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22
I cannot get over how tiny we are...

Nov 15, 2011 at 4:16 AM Post #3 of 22
Thanks for this. I highly enjoyed this. Being a skeptic, and knowledge freak i enjoy watching educational videos such as these. It is amazing to think how small we really are. and even more amazing considering how long humans have been around. 100 000 years compared to the whole 14 billion years the universe has been around. A geological blink of an eye.

Nov 15, 2011 at 4:42 AM Post #5 of 22

Quote:
Be prepared, another big bang in 2012. 
tongue.gif

I thought they switched it to 2013?

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tomchivers/100008500/nasas-2013-solar-flare-warning-how-much-do-we-need-to-worry/

Nov 15, 2011 at 4:48 AM Post #6 of 22

Quote:
I thought they switched it to 2013?

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tomchivers/100008500/nasas-2013-solar-flare-warning-how-much-do-we-need-to-worry/

I was kidding. Oh well, we'll never know what's going to happen tomorrow. I believe we the tiny little earthlings might have only discovered 0.000000000000001% of the whole universe. 

Nov 15, 2011 at 5:16 AM Post #7 of 22
Wow we really are so tiny.. 

Great video! 

Nov 15, 2011 at 5:42 AM Post #10 of 22

Quote:
Always makes me wonder if there is life somewhere out there

I would be amazed if there wasn't. The chances there is far outnumber the chances there isn't.

Nov 15, 2011 at 5:45 AM Post #11 of 22

Quote:
I would be amazed if there wasn't. The chances there is far outnumber the chances there isn't.

A relative of mine saw a flying saucer travelling at high speeds a few days ago. It then twinkled like a star - disappeared into thin air. I am not joking. It may be an experimental jet but who knows.

Nov 15, 2011 at 5:51 AM Post #12 of 22

Quote:
A relative of mine saw a flying saucer travelling at high speeds a few days ago. It then twinkled like a star - disappeared into thin air. I am not joking. It may be an experimental jet but who knows.

I doubt even intelligent aliens have the tech or know how to travel light years to earth. As nothing can go past the speed of light (don't know that status on the particle which supposedly travelled faster). even if they lived 25 light years away it would take 25 years just to get here. Would the trip really be worth it considering how primitive i consider humans as a species?

I always found it interesting how when you look at stars in the sky your actually seeing it how ever many years ago as the distance in light years the stars are from earth. I'm a science and history nut. I always like to learn more about life, the universe, evolution, and everything else scientific.

Nov 15, 2011 at 5:59 AM Post #13 of 22

Quote:
I doubt even intelligent aliens have the tech or know how to travel light years to earth. As nothing can go past the speed of light (don't know that status on the particle which supposedly travelled faster). even if they lived 25 light years away it would take 25 years just to get here. Would the trip really be worth it considering how primitive i consider humans as a species?

I always found it interesting how when you look at stars in the sky your actually seeing it how ever many years ago as the distance in light years the stars are from earth. I'm a science and history nut. I always like to learn more about life, the universe, evolution, and everything else scientific.

Who knows how along these "intelligent aliens" can live for. If they have also never seen an alien species before and have the technology to do so knowing exactly where we are, why not make  trip. 

I also find it interesting to think that the light from the stars we see took many years traveling in space before reaching our eyes. Space is such a mystery.

Nov 15, 2011 at 6:02 AM Post #14 of 22

Quote:

I always find it hard to believe when people say they see an UFO. It's just that the chances of an UFO being in our atmosphere and actually catching one is slim to none. I would, however, like to believe that it's possible and someone has indeed seen one. 

Nov 15, 2011 at 6:40 AM Post #15 of 22
Science will never explain everything and they will always be replaced by a better theory as technology advances. Anyway, let's not derail the thread. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back