Thinksound Rain2 to pour in ears soon: Impressions and Discussions Thread
Dec 13, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #31 of 350
The first Amazon review from me. Dsnuts got another woodie!

As hobbiests and enthusiasts alike all look for that elusive sound that will scratch that itch for the perfect sound. Sometimes it is the smaller companies ran by someone that clearly knows their sound that will come out with something so good to say I am surprised by the sound of the Rain2 is a bit of an understatement..

For the price of these earphones. These are some of the best tuned, balanced and engaging sounds I have heard from a phone at this price point.

When properly sourced these earphones easily hang with the likes of a CKR9, Sony XBA-H3, CKR10 and even the FX850. The FX850 is perhaps the worlds best wood earphones and to me the Rain2s are a clear second. Considering the FX850 cost 3 times the cost of one of these. That makes the Rain2 a clear value leader in sound. Some will actually prefer these over the phones I mentioned here including the FX850. These are that good.

The bold, smooth, full, fluid sound of these earphones engage and excite the core reason why we are in the hobby. A meticulous sound tuning that incorporates clear up front vocals and instruments that has great reach in both depth and width. Treble extension and shimmer bring a timbre to the sound that highlight your favorite tune with exacting detail. A smooth forward mid section that encompasses the meat of your favorite tune in full reaching detail. Bass with a solid level of quantity that brings the impact and a very solid quality that provides the rumble.These earphones sound absolutely complete and natural from one end of the spectrum to the other with a level of refinement that is not common at this price point and missing in a lot of earphones twice the cost. If sound engagement is how one gauges an earphone. These are clear winners. These earphones are why dynamics tuned right are still some of the best in the world.

Easily a 5 star earphone. 

Dec 13, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #32 of 350
The code is for US customers only.

I have purchased a pair full price and will be organising the Rain 2 Australia-New Zealand tour. I'll announce the thread as soon as it arrives.

Dec 13, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #35 of 350
Tried the code, message I got was "code is for an offer that hasn't yet begun". Try again tomorrow, I guess.

Dec 13, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #36 of 350
The code is for US customers only.

I have purchased a pair full price and will be organising the Rain 2 Australia-New Zealand tour. I'll announce the thread as soon as it arrives.

Very cool.

Dec 13, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #37 of 350
Easy to drive. Average isolation. These sound great amped by the way. Guys with the Geek out will dig these for certain.

These sound great from my X1 and E11K combo to the DX90, C5, Geek out, Mdac. They sound great on everything but has fantastic synergy with the Geek out and the C5 amp.

Dec 13, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #38 of 350
Tried the code, message I got was "code is for an offer that hasn't yet begun". Try again tomorrow, I guess.

Hey doc, use the code HEADTIER

It worked for me and I got them for $45.00 with free shipping!!

Dec 13, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #39 of 350
The first Amazon review from me. Dsnuts got another woodie!

As hobbiests and enthusiasts alike all look for that elusive sound that will scratch that itch for the perfect sound. Sometimes it is the smaller companies ran by someone that clearly knows their sound that will come out with something so good to say I am surprised by the sound of the Rain2 is a bit of an understatement..

For the price of these earphones. These are some of the best tuned, balanced and engaging sounds I have heard from a phone at this price point.

When properly sourced these earphones easily hang with the likes of a CKR9, Sony XBA-H3, CKR10 and even the FX850. The FX850 is perhaps the worlds best wood earphones and to me the Rain2s are a clear second. Considering the FX850 cost 3 times the cost of one of these. That makes the Rain2 a clear value leader in sound. Some will actually prefer these over the phones I mentioned here including the FX850. These are that good.

The bold, smooth, full, fluid sound of these earphones engage and excite the core reason why we are in the hobby. A meticulous sound tuning that incorporates clear up front vocals and instruments that has great reach in both depth and width. Treble extension and shimmer bring a timbre to the sound that highlight your favorite tune with exacting detail. A smooth forward mid section that encompasses the meat of your favorite tune in full reaching detail. Bass with a solid level of quantity that brings the impact and a very solid quality that provides the rumble.These earphones sound absolutely complete and natural from one end of the spectrum to the other with a level of refinement that is not common at this price point and missing in a lot of earphones twice the cost. If sound engagement is how one gauges an earphone. These are clear winners. These earphones are why dynamics tuned right are still some of the best in the world.

Easily a 5 star earphone. 

In the same ball park as the FX850?! I owned those up to a week ago, so if they are even in the same mention as the FX650, I just died and went to woodie Heaven?! :wink:

Dec 13, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #40 of 350
Anyone mind grabbing a pair for me and sending it over? I'll cover shipping of course.

Dec 13, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #42 of 350
In the same ball park as the FX850?! I owned those up to a week ago, so if they are even in the same mention as the FX650, I just died and went to woodie Heaven?!
wink.gif

These don't have the timbre of the FX850 but these have a bit more forward mid range. These don't have the stage of the FX850 either.  These actually remind me a bit of the CKR10 actually more so than the FX850.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back