Thinksound MS01 vs TS02 vs HighSound Wooduo
Dec 5, 2012 at 4:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

radiohead14

Head-Fier
Hello.. new here, and I've owned a TS02 for a while now. I love the sound signature that the TS02 has, and I was wondering what you guys think the main differences are between the two, as I'm looking to pick up the MS01 later this week. I love the warmness and the surprisingly great lows of the TS02, but I've always wanted it to have a bit more of a wider soundstage. Does the MS01 keep the full and deep lows, warm mids, and clear highs of the TS02, but with a better sound atmosphere? I would greatly appreciate hearing from those who own both. Thank you!

ps. The one thing missing from the TS02 is a right angle plug. If anyone knows another IEM that has the same exact sound as the TS02, but with a right angle, please feel free to recommend. Thanks again!

Edit: Added HighSound Wooduo, as it seems like it has that wider soundstage that I've been looking for in the TS02 and more bass without losing clarity in the mids and highs.

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
Hello.. new here, and I've owned a TS02 for a while now. I love the sound signature that the TS02 has, and I was wondering what you guys think the main differences are between the two, as I'm looking to pick up the MS01 later this week. I love the warmness and the surprisingly great lows of the TS02, but I've always wanted it to have a bit more of a wider soundstage. Does the MS01 keep the full and deep lows, warm mids, and clear highs of the TS02, but with a better sound atmosphere? I would greatly appreciate hearing from those who own both. Thank you!

ps. The one thing missing from the TS02 is a right angle plug. If anyone knows another IEM that has the same exact sound as the TS02, but with a right angle, please feel free to recommend. Thanks again!

The MS01 will actually fit what you want...  But more specifics.  The bass does dig as deep, but there is less quantity (a little less).  The main changes are in the midrange.  The MS01 is more detailed than the TS02, but lacks the vocal sweetness the TS02 has.  Treble is a bit more linear with the MS01.  Note, this is from memory, I don't have either with me to AB right now.  I may do it tomorrow night if I have time.

Dec 5, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #3 of 5
i read [size=18.399999618530273px]ljokerl[/size] 's review of the TS02 with him comparing it to the Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5vi (which I read is now the Logitech UE600vi?)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/512931/review-thinksound-ts02-mic-an-exercise-in-relaxation

He mentioned that the UE has better bass depth and rumble, the reverb being more natural, and that soundstage is wider than the TS02. Is the Logitech version of the Super.Fi 5 (UE600vi) really the same as the older model?

Dec 5, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
i read [size=18.399999618530273px]ljokerl[/size] 's review of the TS02 with him comparing it to the Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5vi (which I read is now the Logitech UE600vi?)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/512931/review-thinksound-ts02-mic-an-exercise-in-relaxation

He mentioned that the UE has better bass depth and rumble, the reverb being more natural, and that soundstage is wider than the TS02. Is the Logitech version of the Super.Fi 5 (UE600vi) really the same as the older model?

From what I've read, the UE 600 is the same as the Super.Fi 5.  I haven't heard either though, so can't confirm.

Dec 6, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #5 of 5
managed to try out the UE600 tonight. compared to my TS02, the UE600 had less sub-bass depth and fullness, had more of a mid-range hump, and highs felt a bit sterile. didn't really like them.

i've been reading about the HighSound Wooduo, and it seems like it might have everything i like about the TS02's, but with more bass (without losing clarity in the mids and highs) and wider soundstage. has anyone been able to compare the two? i looked at HighSound's site, but the Woodduo's where not listed there, so not sure where i can even get them to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back