Things to do in Orlando?
Jan 9, 2007 at 12:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

flamerz

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm going there next break, and I'm looking for things to do, places to go. I went five years ago (with the same people, minus my sister and grandpa this second time), and it was a blast. Now that I'm old enough to go on any and every ride with pleasure, I absolutely can't wait. Anyway, I think it's decided that we (My parents, my cousin, and her parents) will not be going to the Animal Kingdom section of Disney World. I think we'll end up cutting out another Disney or Universal theme park or two, but what else is there to do in Orlando? I've searched online and found a few malls that sound nice (Mall At Millenia, The Florida Mall).

Anyway, what are some good places to eat, what else is there to do? Please feel free to give any other tips also.

Jan 9, 2007 at 1:05 AM Post #2 of 5
I'd take a drive east on the Beachline and head to the beaches.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 9, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #5 of 5
Around the Disney/Universal areas you'll have no problem occupying your time. Universal Drive has every restaraunt you can imagine, granted they're all chains but local flavor is hard to find in Orlando. Same thing with Disney, between all their complexes (like Downtown/Pleasure Island), you can spend days shopping and dining. The Mall at Millenia is huge, and a lot of other cool shops and restaraunts are around, most visible from I-4 or International drive so take a drive up and down each of those to find some places to hang.

If you're renting a car I'd highly consider going to the neighborhood where Shaq, Tiger Woods, Wesley Snipes, and Tracy McGrady all have residences. You can't get in to the main security gated portion but a drive around their lakes yields views of a few giant residences one of which is Shaq's, he's outside the gates... All this is only about 5 miles from International Drive and Universal Studios. Map Here.
Take Conroy-Windermere West from the middle of Orlando, until it turns to 6Th Ave. Once it becomes Main take a left and start exploring the backroads, heading south and eventually to Chase Rd.

I delivered wine to the Isleworth Country Club once, pretty freakin cool. If I had known I was a half-mile from Tiger's mansion I would have "accidentally" taken a wrong turn. I got an eyeful of the rest though, and never wanted to leave.

Quickest/nicest beach is Cocoa, Merritt Island is nice too. The Tropical Trail stretch of road out on the island is beautiful. If you're into the educational stuff hit up Kennedy Space Center.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back