Thin and Comfortable with Better Sound Quality! FiiO's Newly-Developed Ear Tip HS18 Is Available Now!
Sep 25, 2022 at 1:36 AM Post #16 of 52
Replacement Silicones, YES!

When the Bowers and Wilkins C5 came to market, it had silicone tips included and it would seem that many/most users ripped them when trying to swap them over.

I know for years I used C5 inears with 'mismatched' silicones due to just such an issue.. (although I had used them for a year or two before I finally lost 'one of each size').

Some Cardas ear speakers came with dual flanged silicons and from the point of view of insertion ease and obtaining a reliable (fit) sound, they have proven 'the best tips I have ever owned'.

Foams perish too quickly for my liking, and I like natural material against my body.

I can understand WHY a manufacturer would make 'even numbers' of each tip (and sell a full package), as retailing 3x more shelf space and 'never having the right ones in stock' is a hassle that retailers don't want to deal with..

Maybe an order form inside the box, an 'invitation' if you will, where we quote our serial number and 'in future' can get 'one specific size', maybe two/three sets, for the same amount of coin, if we want MORE.

Cheers FiiO...
I gather the internal tubes are designed with care to the sound passed through; when investigating the FH9 at my local 'head-fi' store (addicted to audio(australia)), I had read prior to playing with them, that the different 'colours' will tailor sound.

Of course nothing tailors sound (for the negative) more than an ill fitting seal.
Glad to see nice tips available for purchase.

Sep 25, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #17 of 52

6731229.jpg

FiiO's ear tips have always been acknowledged to be excellent in both the packaging and wearing comfort, and many users expect to get them separately. Here it is. The newly designed silicone ear tips HS18 will be your first choice.

Comfort runs first for ear tips. Thanks to the impressive efforts of the development engineers, the all-new FiiO HS18 silicone ear tips are only 0.4mm thick, making it light and extremely comfortable to wear. Moreover, they are made of high-quality medical grade silicone, highly pure and very transparent, allowing them to have comfortable long-listening sessions.
6731249.jpeg

New ear tips contribute to better sound quality. The HS18 contributes to that goal by adopting a design in which the ear tip’s sound nozzle is the same size as the earphone’s sound tube. Such a design minimizes sound barriers between the earphone and the eardrum, as well as undesirable resonances generated by the ear tip’s nozzle. The result is that fewer anomalies and more of the earphone’s originally intended sound actually reach the listener’s ears.
6731250.jpeg

The HS18 ear tips come in S/M/L sizes. Each package contains 2 sets of S/M/L sizes for a total of 12 individual ear tips. The compatible sound tube size is 5.0mm-6.5mm.
6731251.jpeg

There is sure to be a size that fits you! It's worth mentioning that the HS18 applies to all FiiO in-ear monitors currently on sale!

Key features of the HS18 include:
-- 0.4mm thick outer cover
-- Medical grade silicone
-- Nozzle same size as IEM sound tube
-- Two-shot hot pressing molding
-- 3 sizes
-- Double 3-size pack

* The HS18 is available on our AliExpress Official Store. Click the link below to take it home right away.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804571728905.html

Best regards,
Guangzhou FiiO Electronics Technology Co., Ltd.
I tried to order these but I dont see where to choose size....

Sep 25, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #18 of 52
Sep 25, 2022 at 8:53 PM Post #20 of 52
As a general rule of thumb smaller bore tips increase bass and reduce treble, the HS18 tips are supplied with the FiiO FH7S and offer a slightly smoother midrange and vocalsr elative to Spinfit CP145 when fitted to FH7S, CP145 and CP100 tend to be my go to tips in most cases :relaxed:

Spiral dots made bass dominant and muddy for me and they have a wide bore

Sep 25, 2022 at 9:45 PM Post #21 of 52
Last edited:
Oct 8, 2022 at 11:53 PM Post #22 of 52
Just a heads up for those looking at trying out the new FiiO HS18 ear tips, after trying the large size of these with my FH9 I was not able to get a good seal and obviously as a result there was no bass, on paper these are physically similar in size to the Spinfit CP145/CP100 large size which fit me perfectly. Perhaps it might be due to being made with very thin silicon? Other peoples mileage may vary but thought I would share my own findings and provide feedback to @FiiO, potentially these could be quite good if they had fit my ears, perhaps FiiO could consider making a larger size?

Oct 10, 2022 at 5:43 AM Post #23 of 52
I received these today. Initial impression is that they are very similar to the spinfit 100 I normally prefer. This is a good thing as in the UK, the spinfit are x2 the price of these Fiio's.

Oct 10, 2022 at 5:51 AM Post #24 of 52
I received these today. Initial impression is that they are very similar to the spinfit 100 I normally prefer. This is a good thing as in the UK, the spinfit are x2 the price of these Fiio's.
Nice, what size CP100 tips would you normally use? Did you find with the FiiO HS18 you had to go up a size?

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022 at 5:56 AM Post #25 of 52
I always go for the large :)

The Fiio's do come in 3 sizes, so I may try the S & M later.

I only own the L spinfits, as they are so damn expensive. Seems like right size as get a good seal.

The only issue I have with the spinfits is that my inner ear becomes itchy after about 1 hour. Hoping the Fiio's are better at this (although both are medical grade silicone)

Oct 10, 2022 at 6:01 AM Post #26 of 52
I always go for the large :)

The Fiio's do come in 3 sizes, so I may try the S & M later.

I only own the L spinfits, as they are so damn expensive. Seems like right size as get a good seal.

The only issue I have with the spinfits is that my inner ear becomes itchy after about 1 hour. Hoping the Fiio's are better at this (although both are medical grade silicone)
Funny, I usually use the Spinfit large size too but for the life of me I couldn't get a good seal with the HS18 sadly, maybe it's just me lol. I don't find the medical grade silicon itchy but the food grade silicon on the CP145 gets a bit itchy after a few hours 🙂

Oct 10, 2022 at 6:12 AM Post #27 of 52
I have always had the assumption that the "bigger the better" when it comes to iem tips. If I don't get a good seal, my assumption (probably false) is that the reason is that they are not big enough. I need to spend some time trying different sizes (i have lots of untried S & M size tips)

Have you had the chance to try the different sizes of the Fiios ? Any impressions?

Oct 10, 2022 at 6:23 AM Post #28 of 52
I have always had the assumption that the "bigger the better" when it comes to iem tips. If I don't get a good seal, my assumption (probably false) is that the reason is that they are not big enough. I need to spend some time trying different sizes (i have lots of untried S & M size tips)

Have you had the chance to try the different sizes of the Fiios ? Any impressions?
Sadly yes tried them all no good for me which is a shame. If I put a bit of pressure with my fingers on the iem and achieve a good seal these tips actually sound really good 🙂

Oct 10, 2022 at 6:38 AM Post #29 of 52
Well, just done some A/B ing between these and spinfits & the Fiios do sound slightly tinny in comparison.

Bad seal I guess. Shame

Will keep trying later

Oct 10, 2022 at 11:13 PM Post #30 of 52
Just a heads up for those looking at trying out the new FiiO HS18 ear tips, after trying the large size of these with my FH9 I was not able to get a good seal and obviously as a result there was no bass, on paper these are physically similar in size to the Spinfit CP145/CP100 large size which fit me perfectly. Perhaps it might be due to being made with very thin silicon? Other peoples mileage may vary but thought I would share my own findings and provide feedback to @FiiO, potentially these could be quite good if they had fit my ears, perhaps FiiO could consider making a larger size?
Dear friend,

We will report to the engineer for assessing about that. Thanks for the feedback.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back