Thieve's Kitchen-Audiophile Recording
Jun 26, 2008 at 3:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

mariowar

500+ Head-Fier
Thieve's Kitchen is an English progressive rock band with 4 cds under their belts. I have them all four, however the last one is absolutely haunting.
Prog, Jazz Fusion and Rock.

I strongly recommend their latest cd, The Water Road that not only is a Masterpiece in the genre, it is an audiophile recording as well. Separation, clarity,depth, mix and NO compression at all.

This is their website : :: THIEVES' KITCHEN :: The Official Website ::

This band belongs to the Turn Me Up! | Bringing Dynamics Back To Music

"The album was mastered at Aubitt Studios, Southampton, in February by the wonderful Rob Aubrey. Meticulous attention to detail has been evident at all stages of the making of this album, and the mixing and mastering processes were no different. In particular, listeners will find that the album has been mastered to preserve the dynamics in the performances and compositions, something that we're seeing shamefully less and less of in these days of 'brickwall limiting'. We'd urge you to check out the TurnMeUp! organisation, a movement advocating bringing dynamics back to music, to find out more about not only why 'loud' does not equal 'better', but why it may be progressively diluting the quality of recorded music, and thus providing you, the listener, with a product that is the sonic equivalent of fast food, and for no seemingly good reason!
This album breaks new ground sonically, creatively and compositionally - and we are immensely proud of it. We hope you enjoy it as much as we've enjoyed writing, recording and playing it!

Useful links: TurnMeUp! Turn Me Up! | Bringing Dynamics Back To Music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back