ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Dec 27, 2023 at 1:16 AM Post #4,501 of 4,791
Sounds more like the case of different preferences than "close tuning".
If that's what you want to make a distinction without a difference over.

Dec 27, 2023 at 1:54 AM Post #4,503 of 4,791

Attachments

• graph (1).png
    graph (1).png
    335.3 KB · Views: 0
Dec 27, 2023 at 5:11 AM Post #4,504 of 4,791
I’m curious what Thieaudio’s strategy is with these new releases. I’m sure they sound more distinct in reality, but they all graph pretty much identically?

Being a MMK3 owner I see the appeal, it gives people the opportunity to experience the tuning, who don’t wish to spend as much.

I do think they have kind of nailed it with the clean mids yet decent mid-bass thump, when traditionally there’s always a trade off of one or the other.

So perhaps it’s a way for anyone to experience their tuning whilst being able to choose what price point they can get it at, with just a compromise on technicalities?

IMG_1743.png

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 9:07 AM Post #4,506 of 4,791
The really fascinating one will be the Hype 10, which is within 100$ of the MMK3.
From reading the info on linsoul, it seems like it’s using the latest ba’s and it may be slightly warmer in the lower mids compared to the others.

Need to see someone get hold of the H10 and compare. They do look great.

Dec 29, 2023 at 1:34 AM Post #4,509 of 4,791
So I have had my eye on the Prestige LTD for quite some time now. I am more of a headphone listener but have dabbled with a number of sub-$1k IEMs over the years. Christmas came and Bloom Audio happened to have them in stock so I figured why not give them a try.

I only have about six hours on them but figured I would share a few first impressions. All my listening has been lossless streaming of my Plex library through the Mojo 2 and the iBasso DC04 Pro (this thing is seriously good for its price. I actually prefer it over the M15 and RU7!).

They are a little chunky but the fit is the best of any larger Thieaudio IEM I have tried. I have zero discomfort after hours of listening. I am using some pretty small Spinfit CP 145 tips for my small ear canals. I honestly wasn’t too keen on the looks before buying them and they just don’t seems to photograph that well. But the holographic “black hole” on them is pretty mesmerizing to look at in person.

The Prestige LTD is an amazingly immersive listen! This is the most out-of-head IEM experience I’ve ever had. Soundstage isn’t just wide but the sense of depth and sound placement is fantastic. This may be the best Max Cooper’s 3D Reworks has ever sounded, even including my headphones. Passive noise canceling is top notch but there is no pressure build up.

The tuning is right up my alley. Nothing is over emphasized. The bass was a a bit boomy at first but has already settled down a bit and tightened up. I have observed the same thing on previous Thieaudio IEMs (Clairvoyance, OG Monarch, Monarch MK2 and Oracle MK2). This is the most balanced bass performance I have heard from Thieaudio. The amount of midbass is perfect.

The sound is very stretched out so it is definitely not a mid forward sound. With that said, the mids are not recessed. Male vocals sound the best. They have just the right amount of body. Female vocals sound a bit thin and slightly recessed though.

I absolutely love the treble. There is so much information being heard yet nothing is elevated or overemphasized. There is so much detail and a tremendous sense of space but it’s such a smooth satisfying experience. Occasionally I will hear a song where I am used to hearing a little more zip in the highs but there is no big dip or missing sound frequency. This is the price for a zero fatigue experience regardless of the recording.

There is so much shape and texture to the sound especially through the Mojo 2. These do require more power than any other IEM I’ve owned. High gain was needed on the DC04 Pro but plenty of headroom remains on the dongle and the Mojo.

I am used to bouncing around my library when I get new gear but this has been a little different. Instead of switching songs every 30 seconds, I just can’t stop listening to the song and then the whole album. The music enjoyment level with the Prestige LTD is through the roof. You are enjoying the music, not the party tricks of your gear. I can’t recommend these enough!

PXL_20231229_053420762_Original.jpeg

Dec 29, 2023 at 6:47 PM Post #4,511 of 4,791
So I have had my eye on the Prestige LTD for quite some time now. I am more of a headphone listener but have dabbled with a number of sub-$1k IEMs over the years. Christmas came and Bloom Audio happened to have them in stock so I figured why not give them a try.

I only have about six hours on them but figured I would share a few first impressions. All my listening has been lossless streaming of my Plex library through the Mojo 2 and the iBasso DC04 Pro (this thing is seriously good for its price. I actually prefer it over the M15 and RU7!).

They are a little chunky but the fit is the best of any larger Thieaudio IEM I have tried. I have zero discomfort after hours of listening. I am using some pretty small Spinfit CP 145 tips for my small ear canals. I honestly wasn’t too keen on the looks before buying them and they just don’t seems to photograph that well. But the holographic “black hole” on them is pretty mesmerizing to look at in person.

The Prestige LTD is an amazingly immersive listen! This is the most out-of-head IEM experience I’ve ever had. Soundstage isn’t just wide but the sense of depth and sound placement is fantastic. This may be the best Max Cooper’s 3D Reworks has ever sounded, even including my headphones. Passive noise canceling is top notch but there is no pressure build up.

The tuning is right up my alley. Nothing is over emphasized. The bass was a a bit boomy at first but has already settled down a bit and tightened up. I have observed the same thing on previous Thieaudio IEMs (Clairvoyance, OG Monarch, Monarch MK2 and Oracle MK2). This is the most balanced bass performance I have heard from Thieaudio. The amount of midbass is perfect.

The sound is very stretched out so it is definitely not a mid forward sound. With that said, the mids are not recessed. Male vocals sound the best. They have just the right amount of body. Female vocals sound a bit thin and slightly recessed though.

I absolutely love the treble. There is so much information being heard yet nothing is elevated or overemphasized. There is so much detail and a tremendous sense of space but it’s such a smooth satisfying experience. Occasionally I will hear a song where I am used to hearing a little more zip in the highs but there is no big dip or missing sound frequency. This is the price for a zero fatigue experience regardless of the recording.

There is so much shape and texture to the sound especially through the Mojo 2. These do require more power than any other IEM I’ve owned. High gain was needed on the DC04 Pro but plenty of headroom remains on the dongle and the Mojo.

I am used to bouncing around my library when I get new gear but this has been a little different. Instead of switching songs every 30 seconds, I just can’t stop listening to the song and then the whole album. The music enjoyment level with the Prestige LTD is through the roof. You are enjoying the music, not the party tricks of your gear. I can’t recommend these enough!

Try finding songs that have a lot of depth to them. The Prestige LTD can seriously blow your mind with how spacious they can sound. It's strange. If there was a headphone I'd compare the staging to. It would be the Focal Clear MG. The Prestige LTD feels more intimate but yet larger and deeper. It can give a larger sense of depth, width and height but bring things closer to you as well. But then suddenly. Sometimes it feels it surpasses the depth and stage width and brings it closer to headphones that have larger staging than the Clear MG. A very unique and engaging experience. I just can't get over how smooth and enjoyable they are. I can listen for hours and hours and hours and not feel anything lacking. Details and clarity that's on par with my Ananda Nano, Arya Organic and HD800s yet with smoother tonality, at times I find I hear even more things going on with the LTD. So hyper detailed iem. Amazing and natural timbre. Insane imaging. It's all there in a small iem. Just can't get enough of them. Already into my seventh hour 😅🤣

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2023 at 2:53 AM Post #4,512 of 4,791
Try finding songs that have a lot of depth to them. The Prestige LTD can seriously blow your mind with how spacious they can sound. It's strange. If there was a headphone I'd compare the staging to. It would be the Focal Clear MG. The Prestige LTD feels more intimate but yet larger and deeper. It can give a larger sense of depth, width and height but bring things closer to you as well. But then suddenly. Sometimes it feels it surpasses the depth and stage width and brings it closer to headphones that have larger staging than the Clear MG. A very unique and engaging experience. I just can't get over how smooth and enjoyable they are. I can listen for hours and hours and hours and not feel anything lacking. Details and clarity that's on par with my Ananda Nano, Arya Organic and HD800s yet with smoother tonality, at times I find I hear even more things going on with the LTD. So hyper detailed iem. Amazing and natural timbre. Insane imaging. It's all there in a small iem. Just can't get enough of them. Already into my seventh hour 😅🤣
I've not listened to Why So Serious by Hans Zimmer in long time. I imagine it will sound insane on the Prestige LTD in the bassy segment. I'm sure many people here know what I'm talking about.

Dec 31, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #4,514 of 4,791
ThieAudio goes all out with their quite uniform tuning recently. Good for the price-sensitive consumer but worse for the MMK3 which will have hard competition due to the Hype series which only lacks the beloved EST implementation for some.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back