ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Sep 28, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #3,901 of 4,771
Oracle mk2 just landed at my front door, will report later on sound. The nozzle is pretty freaking huge coming from the M9 and u12t
62DAB13B-56FA-4749-A736-77757DC4B3FA.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2022 at 5:34 PM Post #3,902 of 4,771
Initial impressions are male vocals are pretty stunning and wide stage for an iem. The cable is pretty much a disgrace and immediately replaced it with the fortitude project 8 with better mics and highs. All in all very satisfied with a different cable and spin fit tips

More to come over the weekend

Sep 28, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #3,903 of 4,771
Initial impressions are male vocals are pretty stunning and wide stage for an iem. The cable is pretty much a disgrace and immediately replaced it with the fortitude project 8 with better mics and highs. All in all very satisfied with a different cable and spin fit tips

More to come over the weekend
I don't know whether the wire is good or bad in those cables but they looked like crap compared to the Tangzu Wu Zetian Hifi cable. More to come this weekend (once I can pry them from Jp's ears).

Sep 28, 2022 at 6:00 PM Post #3,904 of 4,771
Thanks for sharing. That’s most likely the very first thing that even comes close to being a review of them.

Are you having issues with pressure when inserting them? My clairvoyance are horrible in that way, it takes some doing not to feel like I instantly ascended 3,000 feet.

Sep 28, 2022 at 6:53 PM Post #3,905 of 4,771
No problems inserting them but I did pretty much toss the tips that came with them in favor of a pair of spin fits I had. Even with the quibbles with the cable and tips they sound excellent. Highs are extended and clean, bass is tasteful and enough for me. I do think tip rolling might improve the bass as the included and uncomfortable foam hybrid tips had a bit more impact.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #3,909 of 4,771
Out of curiosity are the M9 and u12ts the only other IEMs you have to compare/contrast them to? I say “only” but anyone would be happy with never having anything other than those two.

I’m really trying to talk myself around to not buying these when they are in stock at audio46. No one needs these and the Clairvoyance. But,… they look so much better than the Clair’s and there’s still the chance of them being an upgrade.

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #3,910 of 4,771
Out of curiosity are the M9 and u12ts the only other IEMs you have to compare/contrast them to? I say “only” but anyone would be happy with never having anything other than those two.

I’m really trying to talk myself around to not buying these when they are in stock at audio46. No one needs these and the Clairvoyance. But,… they look so much better than the Clair’s and there’s still the chance of them being an upgrade.
So I own or have owned several Jerry Harvey products , moondrop b2, raptogo hook X, u12t, Sony ier z1r and have auditioned several dozen at shows. I have been off the show circuit since Covid though.

Sep 30, 2022 at 12:59 PM Post #3,911 of 4,771
So I own or have owned several Jerry Harvey products , moondrop b2, raptogo hook X, u12t, Sony ier z1r and have auditioned several dozen at shows. I have been off the show circuit since Covid though.
Hi, if it's possible, can you compare the oracle mkii with some iems you have and/or auditioned, specially in the same price range?

I'm really interested in acquiring them, but i can't try before buying where i live

Oct 8, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #3,913 of 4,771

Finally a professional review of the Oracle MKII. Cliffnotes are it’s the same as the old with a different tuning. At least in that reviewers opinion there are no improvements (other than treble extension), just a different flavor.

I’d encourage people to watch the video from about 9:30 to 16:00 or so. Nuertal - bright tuning without being sibilant great for jazz, classical or acoustic not the go to choice for metal or hard rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back