ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
May 30, 2022 at 6:19 AM Post #3,811 of 4,778
For anyone in the UK looking to get new foam tips for the Monarch MKii's, I'd recommend the SonicFoam tips on Amazon, size SF2. The bore size of those are a tiny bit smaller than the stock foams but they still went on fine and the Medium size are a bit wider than Medium stock but for me they fit great!

May 30, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #3,812 of 4,778
What are people's experience with getting a good fit with the Monarch MKII?
The combination of their large shell size, the angled and thick nozzles, and the vent being on the side of the shell rather than its original position (although I don't know how much of a difference this makes); do you have any tricks you use to ensure a good fit?

Or are you the kind that just pops them in without any effort, and they sound good right away?
Anyone?

May 30, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #3,813 of 4,778
I'm using custom silicone tips made by Custom Art on my Monarch MKII. They are really great.

I've problems with universal IEMs or universal tips in particular. They don't fit well my ears somehow. Monarch MKII is only universal IEM I own (there was a nice deal in classifieds so I took the plunge), all my others IEMs are acrylic customs actually. So I ordered those custom silicone tips from Custom Art. I would say silicone tip is slightly harder to snug inside ear canal, acrylic custom is easier. But fit is really good now. Can recommend to anyone with same problem as I have.

Jun 2, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #3,815 of 4,778
I recently received my Monarch MKII and I was having fitment issues but found if I rotate them upwards so that the 2 pin plug is touching the front of my ears they fit extremely well due to the nozzle angle I suppose... If I don't rotate them upwards they want to work their way out while moving around. I have medium/large lugs so mileage may vary with smaller ears.

The MKII actually fit me much better than my shallow fitting Oracles and as much as I dearly love the Oracles I think I will be selling them on as I think the MKII is a good upgrade path.

I do think the Oracle vocals have a slight edge over the MKII to my ears as they are more airy/thinner compared to the weighter MKII vocals. I'm not very good at describing this difference but the Oracle vocals seems to have more open space around them which sounds like a bit less mid-bass. The MKII vocals are weighter with a more filled in sound around them which probably give vocals a bit more emotion.

I will try to post more thoughts on the MKII in the upcoming weeks after more listening time...

Jun 2, 2022 at 12:42 PM Post #3,816 of 4,778
How is the punch of the midbass on the mk2? Since it‘s BA
I think the Monarch MKII has good mid-bass punch... I have heard reviews saying that they would like more but I don't find it lacking at all... I definitely think they have more mid-bass compared to my Oracles... I don't know if this helps but it's just my thoughts on it...

I'm not too sure where the BA's take over from the DD's regarding bass and mid-bass...

Jun 8, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #3,817 of 4,778
I think the Monarch MKII has good mid-bass punch... I have heard reviews saying that they would like more but I don't find it lacking at all... I definitely think they have more mid-bass compared to my Oracles... I don't know if this helps but it's just my thoughts on it...

I'm not too sure where the BA's take over from the DD's regarding bass and mid-bass...
Last night someone over on the 64 Audio thread asked for (and i did) an A/B comparing Monarch Mk2 to U12T, which is not such a fair comparison as they are in different leagues, the U12T being a more technically capable all-BA set and the Mk2 a tri-brid. The A/B I’d like to read (if anyone out there has a set) is the Monarch Mk2 vs the Kinera Nanna. They are in the same price range and different reviewers rave about both. I went with the Mk2 when I was making my decision a few months ago and enjoy the Mk2 for its coherency across tbe FR and great mids- but always wondered if I went the right way…

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #3,818 of 4,778
Hi, I'm contemplating getting one of the ThieAudio Mid-Fi IEM's (Oracle or Excalibur) but not sure what to get. I like elevated Bass, Natural Mids and a darker treble.

The XENNS UP seems like a good fit for me but it's a bit out of my budget. I've read good things about Oracle but I'm worried about it's Bass being not good enough. My previous IEM was Blessing 2, I thought it had Ok Bass but could use a bit more slam, is Oracle an improvement?

The Excalibur seems like the better option for Bass (compared to Oracle) but I've read it has an elevated treble, as some one who thinks B2, Timeless... are sometimes too analytical, do you think I might have issues with Excalibur's Treble?

Jun 30, 2022 at 8:20 PM Post #3,819 of 4,778
Hi, I'm contemplating getting one of the ThieAudio Mid-Fi IEM's (Oracle or Excalibur) but not sure what to get. I like elevated Bass, Natural Mids and a darker treble.

The XENNS UP seems like a good fit for me but it's a bit out of my budget. I've read good things about Oracle but I'm worried about it's Bass being not good enough. My previous IEM was Blessing 2, I thought it had Ok Bass but could use a bit more slam, is Oracle an improvement?

The Excalibur seems like the better option for Bass (compared to Oracle) but I've read it has an elevated treble, as some one who thinks B2, Timeless... are sometimes too analytical, do you think I might have issues with Excalibur's Treble?
For lower budget basshead IEM, I highly recommend Focus audio EDM, which has a special offer edition for only $84.5 from Linsoul.com. I have Monarch OG and Z1R as a comparison, and Focus EDM has a competing badass bass. Bad guy good auido review also recommend this as a basshead IEM.

Jun 30, 2022 at 11:04 PM Post #3,820 of 4,778
For lower budget basshead IEM, I highly recommend Focus audio EDM, which has a special offer edition for only $84.5 from Linsoul.com. I have Monarch OG and Z1R as a comparison, and Focus EDM has a competing badass bass. Bad guy good auido review also recommend this as a basshead IEM.
Hey wolfstar, I already have 3 Basshead sets, I just want to move up a level in the price bracket and get a more resolving set as I feel somethings missing in my music after having auditioned the Mest MKII, Vision Ears EXT... I liked the way the EST drivers sounded and wanted to get an IEM with EST & good Bass.

Jul 1, 2022 at 12:51 AM Post #3,821 of 4,778
Hey wolfstar, I already have 3 Basshead sets, I just want to move up a level in the price bracket and get a more resolving set as I feel somethings missing in my music after having auditioned the Mest MKII, Vision Ears EXT... I liked the way the EST drivers sounded and wanted to get an IEM with EST & good Bass.
Okay, when you mentioned The XENNS UP, which is a basshead IEM, it game me the wrong impression. I guess you need a more reolving all rounder. What's your budget for that?

Jul 2, 2022 at 1:27 AM Post #3,823 of 4,778
Resolving but also a bit elevated in Bass, does not have to be Basshead level, just not neutral Bass. Started with 500 USD but stretched to 600 now.
Not familiar with this price range, Oracle or Excalibur could be good candidates but I don't have person experience. Monarch is very resolving and pretty good in subbass, since one of Oracle or Excalibur is similar to Monarch it will be a good choice. However, most of the chifi IEMs I know is a little bright as they are more suitable for eastern music in tuning.

Jul 2, 2022 at 1:41 AM Post #3,824 of 4,778
However, most of the chifi IEMs I know is a little bright as they are more suitable for eastern music in tuning.
This is the one thing I'm worried about, I've sold around 5 IEM's recently because of the Upper-Mids/Treble fatigue. Gear like A&K Diana, Meze 99 Classics... are more to my tastes, but lack detail and technicalities. The Timeless was almost perfect, I just did not like the slightly loose Bass and occational sharpness on some tracks.

I think I'll skip the ThieAudio stuff for now and get the Tea, I read it has a darker treble. If I like their house sound, I'll get the XENNS UP and hopefully stop spending so much in this hobby 😔.

Jul 2, 2022 at 2:22 AM Post #3,825 of 4,778

I think I'll skip the ThieAudio stuff for now and get the Tea, I read it has a darker treble. If I like their house sound, I'll get the XENNS UP and hopefully stop spending so much in this hobby 😔.

be careful, Xenns UP is not the evolution of Tea... they are VERY different, and both cannot be considered "resolving". actually both have a "relaxed" tuning, with the UP being a pure bass-head IEM, while Tea is much more linear in the bass and with much more forwarded mids. it is true that both have recessed treble (even if UP is using est)

if you like elevated sub-bass, suggest you have a look at TA Excalibur

Users who are viewing this thread

Back