ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
May 12, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #2,161 of 4,773
May 12, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #2,162 of 4,773
Very good tuning, bass a little deeper than Mest ii, smooth sound, balanced, smaller form factor than Clairvoyance.
See no reason to keep both, so Clair is going..
And what about Mest? A clear step up from Clair/Or? Or just different?

Does Clair do anything better than Or? Sub-bass and bass impact, I guess?

What is your amp/DAC stand? I have one that says "TOPPING" lol. A little on the small side.

Last edited:
May 12, 2021 at 7:48 AM Post #2,163 of 4,773
True, Monarch isn't hard to drive. And I agree that Amps are a solved problem and most of the DACs out there have plenty of power, but I also think implementation of the DAC chip, quality of internal components and stuff like that also make a difference as well. I haven't heard the Gustard H10, but I do have the E1DA 9038s. I find the 9038s has great detail and is super clean, but lacks a bit of soundstage, body/weight and is a tad bright. It's not bad at all, but I think the Monarchs need a warmer source for it to sound great.
Have you tried adjusting the 2nd and 3rd harmonic level on the E1DA? Might get closer to the sound you prefer

I have an older ifi idsd lying around. Maybe I should give that a try as well. Also still have the og meier corda head five.

May 12, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #2,164 of 4,773
Very good tuning, bass a little deeper than Mest ii, smooth sound, balanced, smaller form factor than Clairvoyance.
See no reason to keep both, so Clair is going..
could you please post a size comparison of the Oracle vs. the Clairvoyance?

Something like this picture: https://theheadphonelist.com/bragi-...gi-dash-size-comparison-with-other-earphones/

Loving my Clairs, I won't be changing them out for the Oracle's, and the energetic signature is easily tuned with some palladium

But if the Oracle is more comfortable and only, say, 5% worse than the Clairs, then that is a great bargain ("bargain" being the audiophile definition)

Thieaudio is doing some great work rn

May 12, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #2,165 of 4,773
And what about Mest? A clear step up from Clair/Or? Or just different?

Does Clair do anything better than Or? Sub-bass and bass impact, I guess?

What is your amp/DAC stand? I have one that says "TOPPING" lol. A little on the small side.
Yes, Clairvoyance is best for bass rumble, not necessarily sub as Mest has the highest quality bass, just slightly lass emphasis on mid bass than Clair.Oracle is super satisfying in amy respect and a highly listenable iem, we are talking 10% better/worse with Clair.
Mest2 is unquestionably the best technically , but Oracle is smooth resolving and so well balanced that as you listen you wouldn't think "i wish i had Mest in now" the O is not fussy and plays all music enjoyably while Mest, sometimes i feel the involvement of too many drivers doing the work,only sometimes, otherwise i haven't heard better yet.
Oracle, for the money, asking any questions or comparing too much is pointless, its a big win.
If there are technical advantages of spending more, i don't think most would care

May 12, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #2,167 of 4,773
could you please post a size comparison of the Oracle vs. the Clairvoyance?

Something like this picture: https://theheadphonelist.com/bragi-...gi-dash-size-comparison-with-other-earphones/

Loving my Clairs, I won't be changing them out for the Oracle's, and the energetic signature is easily tuned with some palladium

But if the Oracle is more comfortable and only, say, 5% worse than the Clairs, then that is a great bargain ("bargain" being the audiophile definition)

Thieaudio is doing some great work rn
Im out now, but will do later, though tbh you wouldn't see much, all you need to know its definitely smaller and goes in more, so its almost flat for me, as in, i can sleep with it on👍🍻

May 12, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #2,168 of 4,773
Phew! Had me worried there for a moment.
Fair to say the MEST Mk2 is an overall upgrade from the Thieaudio series?
Oh, undoubtedly, but most of all, its different tuning, as you know, the realism, being "there" with max clarity of perception is its main advantage, suddenly another layer gets taken off, yet, Oracle /Clair is smoother, easier listening and some will prefer it, a bit like English sq vs Japan sq, not exactly obviously.
If in any doubt or curiosity get all like me lol, you won't regret any of it.
Id say:
Oracle, massive success, buy buy buy, no regrets.
Mest2, if you have the cash, you'll get the perfect alternative, as its completely different tuning and technically further, for example, if you listen that closely, some bass and sub has more quality in Mest, yet its still highly enjoyable in Oracle, but Mest will feel extended lower and with truer timber, closer to hifi system

May 12, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #2,169 of 4,773
ehh not sure if I can totally agree with the mest being a quote un quote upgrade to a clair. Just as many people rank z1r as one of the best iem I prefer the clairs over them. As a matter of fact the z1rs are resting nicely in my drawer I simply find them boring to listen to. That is simply how I think though, not to impede on others choices as you should know by now anything in this hobby is a big YMMV, so please take what I say as well as anyone else says here with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
May 12, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #2,170 of 4,773

Attachments

• 20210512_165823.jpg
    20210512_165823.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210512_165651.jpg
    20210512_165651.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
May 12, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #2,171 of 4,773
ehh not sure if I can totally agree with the mest being a quote on quote upgrade to a clair. Just as many people rank z1r as one of the best iem I prefer the clairs over them. As a matter of fact the z1rs are resting nicely in my drawer I simply find them boring to listen to. That is simply how I think though, not to impede on others choices as you should know by now anything in this hobby is a big YMMV, so please take what I say as well as anyone else says here with a grain of salt.
I concur. “Upgrade” is a very subjective and amorphous term. In order to determine superiority, the question posed needs to be very specific, because all IEMs, including very inexpensive ones, have different strengths and weaknesses.

As I’ve previously stated, I prefer the Clairvoyance to the OG MEST. I certainly would not say either one is superior to the other. It all depends on what one is looking for. I prefer the Clair b/c for me, tonality is more important than technicalities.

May 12, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #2,173 of 4,773
Listening to DM Exciter, a favourite album, it has rarely sounded so good on iem or headphones.
It is more "perfect" on Mest2, but just hits the sweet spot with Oracle, sooo good❤️😙🍻

May 12, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #2,174 of 4,773

Users who are viewing this thread

Back