Thieaudio Monarch MKIII impressions, reviews, and pictures thread
Sep 21, 2023 at 6:11 PM Post #256 of 738
I'm not usually one to brag and post glamour shots of gear I buy, but as posters above have noticed, there are almost no pictures of Monarch mk3 with non-stock shells and faceplates, so here's my combination of Violet Vanity (shell) and Deep Dungeons (faceplate).

ThieAudio Monarch mk3.jpg

Sep 21, 2023 at 7:39 PM Post #257 of 738
I'm not usually one to brag and post glamour shots of gear I buy, but as posters above have noticed, there are almost no pictures of Monarch mk3 with non-stock shells and faceplates, so here's my combination of Violet Vanity (shell) and Deep Dungeons (faceplate).

Thank you for posting this. We finally have confirmation the colored shells are indeed transparent.

More glamour shots would be appreciated.

Sep 22, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #258 of 738
MMK3 arrived :L3000:

Attachments

• IMG_0857.jpeg
    IMG_0857.jpeg
    261.5 KB · Views: 0
Sep 22, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #262 of 738
Sep 23, 2023 at 12:25 AM Post #264 of 738
I've been away for a minute, Head-Fi family, but a package holding these jewels made its way to my doorstep yesterday. I'm using an old Plenue DAP I found in one of my underwear drawers, and right now I'm listening to Barry White's "Playing Your Game Baby"! And those who know me know I am a proponent of burning in headphones, as well as earphones. But back to the current listening moment at hand. One word comes to mind: stunning! The bass, yes! But also beautiful clarity and airiness around the vocals and instruments, wonderful details in strings and keyboards, and a soundstage I can't really describe yet (a cross between a monitor and an earphone that is vast and wider). But that bass is where it's at!

These beautiful IEMs seem big when you look at them initially, but they are so comfortable in my ears! Before these arrived, I've been splitting my time between the Moondrop Variations, Softears Volume (one of the best value earphones I've heard for under $300), and Fiio FH9. I haven't been impressed with an earphone costing this much since the original price of AKG's N5005. This, so far, is shooting above its $1K price point. I'm pleasantly (and shockingly) pleased!

Sep 23, 2023 at 8:49 PM Post #267 of 738

First time I've seen the internals of a Monarch unit. Maybe I'll need to open my wallet for a custom Monarch III with colour shells ...

Sep 24, 2023 at 3:02 AM Post #268 of 738
New vid from Jay Audio comparing MMK3 and Prestige LTD (I have no idea if he has a head-fi account lol)
MMK3 made its way to two categories on his IEM upgrade guide as well (gaming and all-rounder) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XQtSH90BGK99Vij3dXcSylfwcut5XerPbkkEksFwATA/edit#gid=0

anyone else share the same impressions? I'm on an edge here.. I'm going to pull a trigger on ether MMK3 or Prestige Ltd. As far as I understand, in a nutshell, MMK3 are fun but more intimate with taller soundstage (+bigger shells), Prestige Ltd more balanced/neutral-ish but also more expansive with deeper soundstage. Decisions, decisions..

I'd appreciate if anyone have either of them and could compare against Unique Melody MEST MK2

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #270 of 738
A very transparent shell option. The push-pull isobaric Impact2 is finally clearly visible.

IMG_20230924_130309_1.jpgIMG_20230924_125853_1.jpgIMG_20230924_130123_1.jpg
Very nice pictures. Those DDs are huge. No wonder the MMK3‘s bass sounds so good, and why it’s shells are so THICC lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back