ThieAudio Monarch MKII Experience
Aug 28, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #1,036 of 1,211
Absolutely. If a cable has issues (broken, partially broken, poor conductivity, etc.) or is not sufficient to transfer the current without losses (mostly irrelevant for iems, relevant for speakers) it will cause problems. In any other case there is absolutely no way that changing cables changes the sound. Different materials have no impact on the sound unless they cause issues with transferring the current (irrelevant for iems unless a cable was made from some rubbish).

The sole and only function of an iem/speaker cable is to transfer current. If that is done, any and all cables have absolutely no impact on sound.

And it is not even psychiacoustics. Psychiacoustics involves some changes in the sound in a way that creates a certain illusion. In this case it is either pure self-deception or pure selling of snake oil.

If someone tells you anything else, he/she/it has no idea about physics and cannot provide any real proof for sure (again unless there is a problem with a given cable).

My point is not to argue or change anyone's opinion. I just want to warn those readers who are open to understand something that will save them lots of money.
Yanec, you seem very certain about the things you're saying so I'm not going to try to argue your points since I won't be able to impact your point of view.

My observation is that you seem very fixed in your view that it leaves you unopen to experience. Interestingly, you're asking others to be to open to consider your points which can be viewed as a little hypocritical:
My point is not to argue or change anyone's opinion. I just want to warn those readers who are open to understand something that will save them lots of money.

There's also a lack of tact in the way you explain your points:
And it is not even psychiacoustics. Psychiacoustics involves some changes in the sound in a way that creates a certain illusion. In this case it is either pure self-deception or pure selling of snake oil.

It seems you're on a mission to "civilize" "cable-believers" under the guise of being helpful and respectful, but to me I feel as if you lack respect for opposing viewpoints and the people that hold them.

Aug 28, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #1,037 of 1,211
Yanec, you seem very certain about the things you're saying so I'm not going to try to argue your points since I won't be able to impact your point of view.

My observation is that you seem very fixed in your view that it leaves you unopen to experience. Interestingly, you're asking others to be to open to consider your points which can be viewed as a little hypocritical:

There's also a lack of tact in the way you explain your points:

It seems you're on a mission to "civilize" "cable-believers" under the guise of being helpful and respectful, but to me I feel as if you lack respect for opposing viewpoints and the people that hold them.
I am certain indeed. These are very basic laws of physics.

There is no lack of tact, I mentioned that people can be misled by self-deception.

Again, I don't challenge your beliefs neither intent to argue over basic laws of physics.

P.S. I enjoy your feedback on iems and appreciate your replies! It is completely normal that we can differ on certain points.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2023 at 11:46 AM Post #1,038 of 1,211
I am certain indeed. This is very basic physics.

There is no lack of tact, I mentioned that people can be misled by self-deception.

Again, I don't challenge your beliefs neither intent to argue over basic physics.
There is certainly a lack of tact yet we can't even seem to agree on that point.

Your use of "these are very basic laws of physics" is condescending and your contempt in your statement "either pure self-deception or pure selling of snake oil" is self-evident.

I'm not concerned about my viewpoints being challenged. In fact, it's welcome. I've learned a lot from people on this very forum and their viewpoints, even if they are in direct opposition.

I just wanted to bring attention to your condescending communication style.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #1,039 of 1,211
Way to ruin any thread on head-fi, start talking about cables. :smile:
We hear things we want, that's the problem or blessing, depends on how you look at it. There is no measurable difference, but may be mankind didn't reach the level of measuring such things yet.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #1,040 of 1,211
Way to ruin any thread on head-fi, start talking about cables. :smile:
We hear things we want, that's the problem or blessing, depends on how you look at it. There is no measurable difference, but may mankind didn't reach the level of measuring such things yet.
Indeed. Cable-talk may as well be politics on Head-Fi.

Aug 28, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #1,041 of 1,211
There is certainly a lack of tact yet we can't even seem to agree on that point.

Your use of "this is very basic physics" is condescending and your contempt in your statement "either pure self-deception or pure selling of snake oil" is self-evident.

I'm not concerned about my viewpoints being challenged. In fact, it's welcome. I've learned a lot from people on this very forum and their viewpoints, even if they are in direct opposition.

I just wanted to bring attention to your condescending communication style and apparently, arrogance.
Man, let's just agree to disagree on this point without such "stuff" as the above. 😂😂

I just don't know how to dance around stating basic laws of physics in a diplomatic way in order not to hurt the feelings of people who disagree with them. I did my best, honestly. Just consider me more "Dutch" than "British" and hold no negatives. 👍

Aug 28, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #1,042 of 1,211
Man, let's just agree to disagree on this point without such "stuff" as the above. 😂😂

I just don't know how to dance around stating basic laws of physics in a diplomatic way in order not to hurt the feelings of people who disagree with them. I did my best, honestly. Just consider me more "Dutch" than "British" and hold no negatives. 👍
Fair enough. Something we can all agree on (I think): the MMK2 is a great IEM.

Aug 28, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #1,044 of 1,211
My last post on the cable topic, just accidentally stumbled over this video from Andrew from headphones, I suggest to watch it completely. And before you jump to conclusion, read the first pinned comment to the video.
1693238731743.png

Aug 28, 2023 at 1:12 PM Post #1,046 of 1,211
I just got the MMK2 and have been loving the tone and timbre. However, I too find the the mid bass to be just a touch soft. What cable did you get to solve this? Thanks in advance.
You could try something from IFI as a source. Ive had a very nice mid bass response with the MMk2 from the Gryphon with XBass ON. Or you can try the Pegasus SG1 Gold, it gave the MMk2 an amazing deep bass. Seems like you need a quite powerfull and colored source to bring the MMk2 some shine in low frequencies.

Aug 28, 2023 at 9:30 PM Post #1,048 of 1,211
Aug 28, 2023 at 9:46 PM Post #1,049 of 1,211
Aug 28, 2023 at 10:28 PM Post #1,050 of 1,211
Yeah, it was an S- before iirc.

Pretty sure it was just a regular S along with Z1R and Monarch MK2. I bet people who're trying to avoid upgraditis don't want to think their favorite IEM, which they had the satisfaction of knowing/believing it was one of the very best, is now at a lesser tier. Oh well, it's just one person's ranking. I never tried the U12T but I do have a Nio, and I'm not really a big fan of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back