ThieAudio Monarch MKII Experience
Aug 6, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #946 of 1,211
I'm a huge fan of the IE600--just my cup of tea!
Have you compared to the Monarch mkii? I had the ie900 and HAAAAAAATED them. The resolution was absolute trash. I would take the Moondrop Variations at a 3rd of the cost over them.

Aug 7, 2023 at 3:30 AM Post #949 of 1,211
in my case, they completely replaced the monarchs, ie600 is more natural, the main thing is to find a convenient cable for them

Well, they are veeery good but they are different 'beer' prominent bass and very big air in the highs.
What is that cable? Any knows replacement cable with changeable terminations? (hate to swap cable because of termination)

Aug 7, 2023 at 8:10 AM Post #952 of 1,211
headphones.com has good review of IE600, was looking at them myself.
https://headphones.com/blogs/reviews/sennheiser-ie600-review
I've gotten to the point where I just don't trust any of the big sites. Nearly all review are positive because they depend on revenue from these companies. It's a conflict of interests. From this major hi fi review:

"It’s an IEM that leaves everything out on the table, and with a quick definition, while the 900 is more concerned with heightened immersion and large imaging. No matter which one you choose, these are currently two of the best IEMs on the market and should be at the top of your list when considering what to buy."

That just isn't a true statement. The ie900 is absolutely over priced and under performed. I didn't get why people were hyping the chinese brands until I picked up sets from campfire audio, empire ears, and sennheiser and saw that these companies were charging twice as much for inferior products. Andromeda, LX, ie900 are out performed by Blessing 2 and Variations, for example. I know people will get super defensive about that, but it is true nonetheless. Just awful resolution. Might as well be Beats.

Aug 7, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #953 of 1,211
I've gotten to the point where I just don't trust any of the big sites. Nearly all review are positive because they depend on revenue from these companies. It's a conflict of interests. From this major hi fi review:

"It’s an IEM that leaves everything out on the table, and with a quick definition, while the 900 is more concerned with heightened immersion and large imaging. No matter which one you choose, these are currently two of the best IEMs on the market and should be at the top of your list when considering what to buy."

That just isn't a true statement. The ie900 is absolutely over priced and under performed. I didn't get why people were hyping the chinese brands until I picked up sets from campfire audio, empire ears, and sennheiser and saw that these companies were charging twice as much for inferior products. Andromeda, LX, ie900 are out performed by Blessing 2 and Variations, for example. I know people will get super defensive about that, but it is true nonetheless. Just awful resolution. Might as well be Beats.
Agree, just several additional thoughts on this matter :

Reviews mean less than FR measurements if those are done correctly. In more objective and less poetic reviews the conclusions follow what one can see on the FR curve. I just don't buy into "the curve shows one thing but I hear very different things" at least if the measurements were done correctly.

We all have our preferences, so obviously a reviewer's negative conclusion might be a positive thing for me.

And stuff such as stage width, height and depth in the case of iems mean little. Not to get into "house sound", "favours", etc. It is really hard to read most reviews.

And an important omission in most reviews is the analysis of distortions. Actually many reviewers attribute distortions as sound signature not as clear errors.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #954 of 1,211

Well, it is a surprise to me since I am highly satisfied by the ie600 - its resolution and detail retrieval is fully on pare with SA6 Mk2 and smashes down the B2 Dusk.
But I agree that Sony, Senn, CA,.. keep unjustified high prices - I got my Z1R, ie600, ie80s, ie800, Comet on severe discounts.

Aug 7, 2023 at 9:25 AM Post #955 of 1,211
Agree, just several additional thoughts on this matter :

Reviews mean less than FR measurements if those are done correctly. In more objective and less poetic reviews the conclusions follow what one can see on the FR curve. I just don't buy into "the curve shows one thing but I hear very different things" at least if the measurements were done correctly.

We all have our preferences, so obviously a reviewer's negative conclusion might be a positive thing for me.

And stuff such as stage width, height and depth in the case of iems mean little. Not to get into "house sound", "favours", etc. It is really hard to read most reviews.

And an important omission in most reviews is the analysis of distortions. Actually many reviewers attribute distortions as sound signature not as clear errors.
👍 Well, with time, experience and a few 'blind' buys after review you may find the 'right' reviewer for your taste. I have been following several 10s of reviewers but now its only 5 left in my list based on whom I decide - Joshua Valour, the Honest Audiophile, Resolve, HBB, Crinacle

Aug 7, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #956 of 1,211

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #960 of 1,211
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back