There's Something About Ultrasone…
Mar 3, 2007 at 2:38 PM Post #2,266 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats on the P5, what was the other turntable contender that you demoed?

VPI Scout. And it was also a very good TT. I demoed 3 songs and I preferred the Rega on 2 of the three and I thought its house sound would work better for the range of music I like. Not a big sample, but I really wanted to buy something and be done with it for now. And they were so close in overall SQ that I didn't feel that it would be a huge mistake either way.

I am looking forward to picking up the TT next week and trying to keep my expectations in check. Vinyl is what really floats my boat and I had been thinking that I would have to wait longer for this last key piece of gear to complete my set up.

If I hadn't got myself thinking seriously about the Edition 9s, I probably wouldn't have made the conection that I could get a quality TT now. And if the burned in 750s had been less satisfying, I might have convinced myself that the headphones were more of a necessary upgrade.

Now I just need to get my DAC (that I already have) set up and transfer music into the computer and I should be set with some good tunes for awhile.

I am listening to the 750s right now, and this set seems more enjoyable at this stage of burn in than my first set. Could be faulty memory, but who knows.

Mar 3, 2007 at 2:45 PM Post #2,267 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rubber band won´t work. Not with 750 anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

They must work but it depends on how much they squeeze earcups and how you put them... But i dont want to talk about rubberbands than differences between 2500&2200... I think i will stop reading this thread for 5-6 days or after 120hours of burn-in and see what happends, but for me and my ears

Mar 3, 2007 at 3:01 PM Post #2,268 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like your comments ldj... I would gladly trade your un burned in cans for my burned in lol.

I think mine was more forward and engaging prior to the burn in process as well
smily_headphones1.gif

But hopefully the Heed can fix that a bit.

I don't have one, but I've read nothing but good things about the Heed. Especially if you are listening without an amp. I just did an A/B for you. I listened to the iPod headphone out unamped and then with the Hornet and then the Singlepower. There was a very significant increase of bass presence with the Hornet and again a significant increase going to the Singlepower. Your Heed probably will have better SQ and I'll bet bass than the Hornet (which is quite good) and be between it and the Singlepower. And for all I know it could be equal to or better than the Singlepower. If I had to make a choise, I'd bet that you'll end up with more bass with the Heed and fully burned in Ultrasones than when you started with out of the box Ultrasones.

Be patient and all will be revealed. If for some reason you still weren't happy you could pick up a graphic EQ and dial in bass to your hearts content.

Mar 3, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #2,269 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by ldj325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
VPI Scout. And it was also a very good TT. I demoed 3 songs and I preferred the Rega on 2 of the three and I thought its house sound would work better for the range of music I like. Not a big sample, but I really wanted to buy something and be done with it for now. And they were so close in overall SQ that I didn't feel that it would be a huge mistake either way.

Regas are the king of "fit & forget" turntables. I think you will be well-pleased with your decision!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 3, 2007 at 8:21 PM Post #2,270 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Regas are the king of "fit & forget" turntables. I think you will be well-pleased with your decision!
smily_headphones1.gif

The dealer is Brooks Berdan who seems to have some renown for setting up TTs. So I am hoping for exactly that, set, forget and spin vinyl for awhile.

Mar 3, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #2,271 of 5,942
I have to repport that my proline 2500 died after about 24 hours (left earcup) ... 8 hours of pink noise at below listening levels... and now i watched and tested sound in matrix revolution with higher bass level and they just died... Hfi2200 past much more abuse and they were just fine ... And 2500's - dont know what to say ... I am shocked

Mar 3, 2007 at 9:12 PM Post #2,272 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by z00ne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to repport that my proline 2500 died after about 24 hours (left earcup) ... 8 hours of pink noise at below listening levels... and now i watched and tested sound in matrix revolution with higher bass level and they just died... Hfi2200 past much more abuse and they were just fine ... And 2500's - dont know what to say ... I am shocked

I suppose you tried this already, but have you tried unscrewing and screwing in the cable again? And making sure it's tight?

I really hope you can revive your cans. Sucks that they died
frown.gif

Mar 3, 2007 at 9:19 PM Post #2,273 of 5,942
Quote:

Sorry to hear this, z00ne.

If it's not an interface issue with the cable, you should be covered for a replacement. Hope it's sorted soon!

Mar 3, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #2,274 of 5,942
No its not because of cable, i even try with second pair... Just bad luck i think... And ofcorse i hope they will replace them,but they must replace them... If there is chance i think i will go back to 2200 ... Because if they are so sensitive?........ Or its just that i bought defective pair... I really dont know...

Mar 3, 2007 at 10:59 PM Post #2,275 of 5,942
Quote:

No its not because of cable, i even try with second pair... Just bad luck i think... And ofcorse i hope they will replace them,but they must replace them... If there is chance i think i will go back to 2200 ... Because if they are so sensitive?........ Or its just that i bought defective pair... I really dont know...

Tough break on the defective cans. I say get another and burn it in with some bass heavy trance for a couple weeks.

Mar 4, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #2,276 of 5,942
But what if they "die" again ... i dont trust them much... just didnt expect from 300E headphone to die after 1 day... I hope they were deffective from factory, but its hard to believe because they sounded normal when they work... As i am curious and patient guy i think i will get same pair cos i feel 2500's didnt say last word to me...

Mar 4, 2007 at 3:03 AM Post #2,277 of 5,942
Quote:

But what if they "die" again ... i dont trust them much... just didnt expect from 300E headphone to die after 1 day... I hope they were deffective from factory, but its hard to believe because they sounded normal when they work... As i am curious and patient guy i think i will get same pair cos i feel 2500's didnt say last word to me...

If the second 2500 dies, send it back and tell about it here so everyone will know to never buy Ultrasones.

Mar 4, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #2,278 of 5,942
Quote:

zOOne,

I am stunned and shocked right along with you. What a bummer, I know because if you go back a couple of days you'll see that the same thing happened to me, except it was the right channel and after about 300 hours. The store said they haven't heard of this happening. But now I've run into 2 defective Ultrasones. The first one, the store demo was obviously because of abuse. But mine were well taken care of. The only options I can think of are some negative effects of pink noise (I used it a lot), pulling in/out of cables causing electrical surges (I was guilty of this on occassion) or poor internal workmanship on Ultrasone's part.

It was easy for me as I just went into the store and they gave me a new one. But I don't know what your availability is for that in Croatia. I feel for you. The fully burned in ones were wonderful so I am going to give Ultrasones a lot of chance, but this does give me pause to consider their durability.

Mar 4, 2007 at 5:04 AM Post #2,280 of 5,942
I have seen literally some people abused the PROLines, and I have not heard of any problems...of course they could be isolated cases, or fatal coincidences, but they are really strong, and they do support a lot of abuse...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back