Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 26, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #10,876 of 12,550
  Votes, we don't need no stinkin' votes!

BTW, know you're a rabid Rhodia guy. Got my Dotpad and my Webbie. Will keep the former but the latter....it's nice Clairefontaine but I might have to stick with my old Habanas. Eventually I will run out and will have to replenish with the non-90g ivory, ick. No matter how beautiful the yellow-green cover is....

I know there's a lime-green Webbie out there. Ever get one of those?

I've yet to go Webbie. R-pads and iPads only, well to-date anyway. Still looking to try my first Dotpad, I think February would be a good time as any. My first Rhodia addiction sprang from their graph notepads - notes, letters, sketches.... did not matter, I had to have them squares! 

Years on, I'm okay with a little variety, as long as I have my graph notepads
wink.gif
 too. I'm not sure I wanna be cafeside with a Lime Green Webbie. I'll do a quick search to gauge my reax...

Jan 26, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #10,877 of 12,550
  Actually that's a dead bird. It died from extreme constipation and delusions of grandeur (full of crap)... :p So dogs have gas? Can't recall any of our animals passing gas... Must be the tofu burgers you're feeding him/her. 
biggrin.gif

Looked like it was laughing on the floor. Much like wink's picture

Stinky tofu? But she doesn't eat any to begin with 
tongue.gif

Jan 29, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #10,879 of 12,550
These (Amperior) were so inexpensive from the original price because they're discontinued by Sennheiser. Some places are trying to clear out the remaining stock while others are starting to amp the pricing up.

I took a look around here (Toronto) after reading your price drop/discontinued info on these headphones and did indeed find those Sennheiser's at Best Buy Canada for $119.00 discounted from a retail of $299.
They've been selling truck loads of these phones during the clearance, I had to reserve a pair in store 65 km away.
While I do prefer open headphones, sometimes you have to get a closed portable set for noise control.

Got a chuckle from another forum user who describes the Amperior's:
"Very ugly looking... Looks like a 1980's NHL Helmet worn by Butch Goring"

Jan 30, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #10,881 of 12,550
I like the looks of the HD25's. They look like no-nonsense understated industrial design aimed for professionals. They're great if you don't want attention. They also isolate a lot better than most headphones, which is something proffessionals want I guess.

I just wish they were a bit more to my preferences. Maybe the Amperiors are better in that regard, but their colors are a bit attention seeking.

Also, last year I saw maybe 3 or 4 Beats by Dre, but I've lost count on how many HD25's I've spotted. They seem immensely popular in Sweden. I've also seen a lot of M fiddys. I get a chuckle because I stare at their headphones, and they get a stupid smug grin on their face saying "yeah, I know sound quality". It's okay, I've been there myself, I was no better. But yeah, it's chuckle worthy. If they only knew what a wallet shrinking rabbit hole this hobby is ... that smug grin over their M fiddys and HD25's would probably be a little more neutral. Weirdly enough, Beats users never get the grin on their faces, they just mind their own business. Bose QC users are the worst though, they skip lines, wear suits, reads their newspapers as if people next to them or in front of them don't exist, and just are arrogant ******** in general. They own the world. Bose Knows.

I think I'll try out my new E18 with the HD25's as opposed to the X10's on my way to work today.

Jan 30, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #10,883 of 12,550
It's more discrete yeah, but wearing headphones has become pretty normal over here, so it's not really all that noticeable anymore. Not when there's at least 20 more people wearing them in your subway cart. 10 years ago it would've been sticking out. Today? No, not so much anymore.

Jan 30, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #10,884 of 12,550
How many of those headhpones are beats? :wink:... I think here it would be much more noticeable to be wearing headphones than IEMs. Then again most here wear ibuds....

Jan 30, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #10,885 of 12,550
How many of those headhpones are beats?

Up here in GTA Toronto, I see lots of Beats Headphones, often used as an accessory to compliment clothing outfit colors.
Certain music genres have evolved into fashion lines and it would seem the Beats headphones have become a part of that.
FUBU, Ecko, Phat Farm, Kangol duds come to mind...

Jan 30, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #10,886 of 12,550
  How many of those headhpones are beats? :wink:... I think here it would be much more noticeable to be wearing headphones than IEMs. Then again most here wear ibuds....

As said, there really aren't a lot of Beats over here. Most headphones I see are actually Urbanears and iBuds/earpods, but out of head-fi recommends/hates I see a lot more HD25's and M fiddys than Beats.

Up here in GTA Toronto, I see lots of Beats Headphones, often used as an accessory to compliment clothing outfit colors.
Certain music genres have evolved into fashion lines and it would seem the Beats headphones have become a part of that.
FUBU, Ecko, Phat Farm, Kangol duds come to mind...

Maybe classical is the one music genre that is spared from being knit together with fashion, but for the most part music has always gone hand in hand with fashion and styles of clothes.

Jan 30, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #10,888 of 12,550
Did we decide on a theme for February?

Not officially. There were quite a few suggestions....I think there were more for Frozen/Frosty/Freezing February than anything else, but I don't believe anyone actually counted them up.

Jan 30, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #10,889 of 12,550
I sort of started early, but the Abominable Snowman is kinda jovial too, so he still fits. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back