Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 25, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #8,762 of 12,550
I'm exhausted and drunk, but I still came here to change my avatar...

So, you get Earthworm Jim. I don't know why. I don't even know who the hell Earthworm Jim is. All I know is that it was a cartoon that was on TV in 1995-96, and an earthworm was turned into a superhero by putting on a supersuit.

Sep 25, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #8,764 of 12,550
Occult +1

Sep 25, 2013 at 3:19 AM Post #8,765 of 12,550
  All very, very, arousing.
Get out.

So let's make this official:
Obob October. ll
Occult October. ll
Orpheus October. l
Breasts October Oktoberfest.
Octopus October
Ocelot October.
Oppenheimer October.
Ottoman October

I thought I'd change the usual voting system up. Place your votes by adding a tally in the bold. If I forgot an option you can tack it on later. You can be funny and make a joke about this (I've preempted this already), but it'd be preferable/faster if you kept your serious vote in a spoiler or something if you decide to do so.

Added. Come on guys I don't make polls to not have them be used...

Sep 25, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #8,766 of 12,550

I'm voting for "Occult October" me'self,...
cool.gif

I like that theme, especially since Halloween is in October.

Occult October?

I'm voting for "Occult October" me'self,...
cool.gif

So the count should be 4 for Occult October

Sep 25, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #8,767 of 12,550
Quote:
  All very, very, arousing.
Get out.

So let's make this official:
Obob October. ll
Occult October. llll
Orpheus October. l
Octopus October
Ocelot October.
Oppenheimer October.
Ottoman October

I thought I'd change the usual voting system up. Place your votes by adding a tally in the bold. If I forgot an option you can tack it on later. You can be funny and make a joke about this (I've preempted this already), but it'd be preferable/faster if you kept your serious vote in a spoiler or something if you decide to do so.
The poll is for confirmation. Things change, choices change. It's easier to make things official.
Nevertheless added.

I'll step out of impartiality for a second and just say that if we're aiming for Occult, we'd be damned well better off if we chose an approach that isn't fragmented and leaves doubt as to the theme (have felt that it's been a problem with the past few months) - it'd be more effective if it was to be consistent and apparent/discernable as a theme, with leeway for customization to satisfy the rest.

Sep 25, 2013 at 4:07 AM Post #8,768 of 12,550
Possible examples - I'm not saying that Occult's won already, just preparing so people know what they'll be getting into.

All decent candidates for transplanting headphones on (although it needn't neccessarily be a headphone being transplanted on - it'd just add a slightly cohesive/relevant element)
That being said I wouldn't force something upon anyone, but really, when people aren't even aware that there's a theme going on because it's so disparate the point is sort of lost isn't it...

Feel free to add more templates, but again, I think it'd make more sense to use some and customize from thereon out.

Obob October possibilities (feel free to suggest more)

Will have to find a way to crop the latter.

Orpheus October possibilities.

Sep 25, 2013 at 4:19 AM Post #8,772 of 12,550
Added it in for the ease of others later on.

Quote:
So let's make this official: Obob October. lll
Occult October. llll
Orpheus October. l
Octopus October
Ocelot October.
Oppenheimer October.
Ottoman October

Sep 25, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #8,773 of 12,550
Obob's picking up steam. C'mon, we can do it! Wouldn't it be absolutely epic if obob himself came back from the dead hiatus and voted for Obob October.

Come to think of it, coming back from the dead sounds like something the occult would facilitate, so I'm not sure how obob would vote!

Sep 25, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #8,775 of 12,550
Does he have a problem with octopuseseseseses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back