Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #6,588 of 12,550
False. All you pansies liking Death Scythe and Heavy Arms are kids. Tallgeese for the motherflipping win!

What does that make me then? :wink:

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #6,590 of 12,550
Quote:
Linux works the best on old 98 class machines and any computer or electronics repair shop will have some heat sink compound.

+1000. Still rocking out to my cluster of Pentium 2s for home server stuff with some Exherbo. It's amazing what people still consider to be old though. Someone unloaded a slough of P4s during spring cleaning down at the center. THAT'S NOT OLD THAT'S STILL FUNCTIONAL (quote shamelessly ripped from K.Mandla)

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #6,591 of 12,550
Quote:
+1000. Still rocking out to my cluster of Pentium 2s for home server stuff with some Exherbo. It's amazing what people still consider to be old though. Someone unloaded a slough of P4s during spring cleaning down at the center. THAT'S NOT OLD THAT'S STILL FUNCTIONAL (quote shamelessly ripped from K.Mandla)

TWINQYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
com bak!!!

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #6,593 of 12,550
What did you say you like again? As you can see, I have very short memory for unimportant stuff.

I have never mentioned it before, just thought that you saw and recognized from their avatar pics.
Don't worry, my memory is awful too.

Aug 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #6,594 of 12,550
Quote:

It's great to see you back, TwinQY! (I'm not shouting too loudly, am I? 
redface.gif
)

I always try to repurpose older hardware. For instance, my old Core Duo laptop can still play 720p YouTube video and, though it's a bit slow all around, it runs Windows 7 just fine. I use it daily as a knockaround computer. An old Athlon 64 X2-based desktop currently pulls server duty. My netbook holds down papers for me. Everything can be used for something.

Aug 2, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #6,596 of 12,550
Quote:
It's great to see you back, TwinQY! (I'm not shouting too loudly, am I? 
redface.gif
)

I always try to repurpose older hardware. For instance, my old Core Duo laptop can still play 720p YouTube video and, though it's a bit slow all around, it runs Windows 7 just fine. I use it daily as a knockaround computer. An old Athlon 64 X2-based desktop currently pulls server duty. My netbook holds down papers for me. Everything can be used for something.

Core Duo and old in the same sentence....well not really trying to make it into a contest but it really is a contest. Drop that guzzler and get a nice 64MB P1 rig, drop a load of Alpine Linux on there, and watch your power bill thank you :p

(Sarcasm of course, even I'm not that much of a masochist. Only one computer in the house? Goosebumps thinking about it *wink*)

Where the heck you been TwinQY?? We've been worried sick! You don't write, you don't call... 
tongue.gif

Copy-pasta from Diary thread...
Family member got into a bit of a crufuffel a few months back, had to step in to help. Haven't been really on the internet since then.

All is fine on this end. Just remembered the friendly people here so came back. Had to read up the past few days though, too much has changed. Finally caught up reading all the usual threads....

Aug 2, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #6,597 of 12,550
Quote:

beerchug.gif

From a whisper to a scream... welcome back TwinQY! Though, I will admit, your return to this space seems kind of odd. I say this because it appears to be tied to Hostess - they came back, you came back. Pretty much at the same time! And I don't know what to make of it. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 2, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #6,598 of 12,550
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Family member got into a bit of a crufuffel a few months back, had to step in to help. Haven't been really on the internet since then.

All is fine on this end. Just remembered the friendly people here so came back. Had to read up the past few days though, too much has changed. Finally caught up reading all the usual threads....

You disappear like that again & when we find you your in deep doodoo!!! Don't make us worry like that again,...we're a family - we worry. :frowning2:

I do hope all is well with the family though,...

Aug 2, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #6,600 of 12,550
Quote:
beerchug.gif

From a whisper to a scream... welcome back TwinQY! Though, I will admit, your return to this space seems kind of odd. I say this because it appears to be tied to Hostess - they came back, you came back. Pretty much at the same time! And I don't know what to make of it. 
biggrin.gif

Only logical explaination....
Ghosts. Yes, sir.

Quote:
You disappear like that again & when we find you your in deep doodoo!!! Don't make us worry like that again,...we're a family - we worry.
frown.gif

I do hope all is well with the family though,...

Appreciate the well wishes! See this is why I came back.....

Quote:
All he11 broke loose while you were gone. Warren was so upset, he went and got himself Mod-ified...
tongue.gif

I've read.

It's been a lot of reading folks....more than I'm comfortable of admitting. 4000 Diary post does that to a fellow.

And speaking of which where is the lovely mod? Still busy with his mega-ultra meet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back