Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #5,191 of 12,550
I saw The Wall when Roger Waters did the tour in 2010. AWESOME show.

As I hinted earlier, I went to the Stones show in LA last night. Great show! This was (I think) the 5th time I have seen the Stones. This show was excellent! I don't give a d@mn how old these guys are - they still rock in the same bluesy, soulful way the Stones have always rocked. But don't misunderstand - these guys are ANCIENT - they look like walking Egyptian mummies - except for Keith, who looks startlingly like an ancient Chimpanzee that has become a chain smoker. I don't care - yeah, Mick doesn't sprint around the ramp like he used to - but he still struts, and I can't believe he can still do any of the stuff he does.

I must say, the highlight of the show was the appearance of Mick Taylor on several of the old songs. His guitar still sings - and the Stones gave him plenty of opportunity to solo and show his stuff - it was great!

Here's the set list - it was a great mix!
http://www.rollingstones.com/2013/05/21/staples-center-los-angeles-may-20-2013-set-list/

Sorry for the bad pics - cell phone cameras and concerts just don't go together very well!

I think this was during Midnight Gambler with Mick Taylor:

Mick Jagger being Mick:

I also have a REALLY BAD iphone video from one of the encore songs - I guarantee they sounded much better than this!

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXxY9BglkVU[/VIDEO]

May 21, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #5,192 of 12,550
Cheers to your great night out!
beerchug.gif

May 21, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #5,193 of 12,550
Quote:
I also have a REALLY BAD iphone video from one of the encore songs - I guarantee they sounded much better than this!

LOL @ the iPhone's bass reduction. 
biggrin.gif

May 21, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #5,196 of 12,550
Two songs that were profound amongst many,that I got to see live when they were first toured by the bands were Rush-Finding My Way and Kiss-Black Diamond.
Mentioned because we played the life out of these tracks,on 8-track and Vinyl for a couple summers.

Things,they were a changing when these two groups appeared.
RUSH honed their craft up here in Canada,performing in local schools and bars and I went to plenty of those shows,1974 pre Fly By Night.
Last time I saw them was Toronto SARS Stock 2003,the largest paying rock concert in history at the time.

I lived only a few blocks from Downsview Park back then,what a rush to walk amongst a crowd of 500,000 and hear all kinds of live music.
Only time I've ever managed to put my hands on the main stage while the Stones played their set a few feet away,amazing time.

KISS,well what is there to say.
Saw them live at Kitchener Memorial Auditorium paying their dues with the first album,1974 I believe.
Eat B.C. psilocybin mushrooms on the way over,stop in the park to chug from a mickey of vodka,roll up some Acapulco Gold direct from Mexico with papers oiled down with real Black Afghanistan Hash Oil.
Attend concert.
Thought my heart would stop during the slowed down ending of Black Diamond.
Head to sub shop for food afterwards.

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/iLoUGYxR0uM[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/LeUosbClag8[/VIDEO]

Led Zep was a huge figure in my day but had been in the game since the '60s and people always want what's new.
Crawled on a bus to see them Stateside but I ruined my recollection of any show.
Still,I gotta say the only T-Shirt I ever owned and wore with a person on it was one with Jimmy Page on the front,lifting that double neck Gibson into the air and in my mind playing The Rain Song!

May 21, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #5,197 of 12,550
Triple Supremus Achieved! 
biggrin.gif
  Still don't know jack... 
redface.gif

May 21, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #5,199 of 12,550
May 21, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #5,200 of 12,550
biggrin.gif
  Still don't know jack... 
redface.gif
Congratz Warren, I just got HS the other day, with the celebratory "Tim Hortons" picture. :cool:

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

May 21, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #5,201 of 12,550
Quote:
Quote:
biggrin.gif
  Still don't know jack... 
redface.gif

Congratz Warren, I just got HS the other day, with the celebratory "Tim Hortons" picture.
cool.gif

Ohhhhh!  So that's what the pic was for!  I totally missed the meaning of that at the time, but please allow me to contribute my traditional congratulatory image:

May 21, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #5,202 of 12,550
I'm nearly to 1.3 Supremuses (can't figure out how to get a bar over the three). And I've listened to fewer than a dozen different headphones and no Sennheisers or AKGs among that number. Definitely don't know Jack (or James, or Carlos, or Mario...I hear they're all great guys).

May 21, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #5,203 of 12,550
Quote:
Quote:
biggrin.gif
  Still don't know jack... 
redface.gif

Congratz Warren, I just got HS the other day, with the celebratory "Tim Hortons" picture.
cool.gif

Ohhhhh!  So that's what the pic was for!  I totally missed the meaning of that at the time, but please allow me to contribute my traditional congratulatory image:

Thanks... My imagery can get a little vague at times... :D :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

May 21, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #5,204 of 12,550
Quote:
Definitely don't know Jack (or James, or Carlos, or Mario...).

Don't forget Jude... because you like keep missing meets and stuff...
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks... My imagery can get a little vague at times...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

It's cool. 
smile.gif
  Better late than never, and now I know, and knowing's half the battle.

May 21, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #5,205 of 12,550
My congratulatory message from HF finally went away yesterday. Including first post directions, how to upload pix/avatar and such. 
rolleyes.gif

Now K-mok can get back to being, well... K-mok!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back