The Zune HD has failed to impress most. Who should be competing against Apple and how?
Sep 25, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #16 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by Extropian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ROFLMAOWAFFLES w/ syrup

This is just comical now. Your thread got BANT because nobody wanted to hear it, so you just start up an identical one?

Take the hint. Cease thine douchosity. Reclaim what shreds of dignity you have left.

Also, you want to know something that is genuinely ironic? When I guy starts a thread trashing the HD in the title and first paragraph, then posts "This discussion is a better one to have anyway since the Zune HD is pretty irrelevant."

This thread smells like troll poo.

You do realize that you're trolling my thread now, right?

Sep 25, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #18 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by komi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is not going to happen !

Apple machine have a big chunk of market - and iTunes is monster!
You cant beat this - well you can but you need a years and lot of money even if you make a great DAP !
And this is the PROBLEM !

Every new DAP come out with question [...a New iPod Killer] !

Even if you come out with better DAP - Apple have money to make even better !
But again, i just read some post recently on this forum - something like "Can you hear diference in MP3 and FLAC" and i think most of guys vote - THEY CANT !
HUGE majority of iPod and iPhone customers dont care about sound quality and diference - iPods and iPhones have something no one have - iTunes and APP store ... Apple sales will go up and down - but gonna stay on the to pfor good ..

Zii Egg looks like nice hardware, but - cant do any damage to Apple ... Not even to Zune ...

End of story ...

Komi,
If history repeats itself (and it usually does) I doubt any company will ever defeat Apple. Apple with most likely defeat Apple with its own hubris, just as Sony did at the dawn of the digital age. They were so proud of themselves and moved like the proverbial dinosaur which allowed Apple's little gem to steal the scene. If Sony had just kept up with the times I doubt Apple could have accomplished taking the market by storm.

Sep 25, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #19 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoufo51 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't even know what happened to my older thread since nobody contacted me as to its apparent removal. Now I'm starting a new discussion with a more interesting topic. If you want to argue with me, leave the thread. If you want to discuss, lets.

I WANT to argue with You ... i like to argue, but to go with you in caffe to get the Beer - not to hate each other ... And no hard feelings ..
Constructive arguing is good to both sides learn a something ...

I dont like Zune - actualy, i kinda like 1st. gen Zune - but nothing after that, specialy not ZUNE technical support - and ZuNE software ...

MD should close whole ZUNE department and steal some Apple employee [if they can] and start new department namen "iZun" or something .. LoL

KOMI aka ZuneHaterLikeToArgue !

Just keep it calm !

Sep 25, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #20 of 101
Quote:

Can you not troll my thread?

Oh the humanity...

And it IS NOT YOUR THREAD...the thread belongs to Head-Fi. You, like everyone else, just have the privilege to post here.

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #21 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by lamewing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Komi,
If history repeats itself (and it usually does) I doubt any company will ever defeat Apple. Apple with most likely defeat Apple with its own hubris, just as Sony did at the dawn of the digital age. They were so proud of themselves and moved like the proverbial dinosaur which allowed Apple's little gem to steal the scene. If Sony had just kept up with the times I doubt Apple could have accomplished taking the market by storm.

You are right 100%, i hopoe Steve Jobs will recover from liver problem, and run Apple for longer time, cuz someone else will ruin what Steve build ..

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #22 of 101
Quote:

I WANT to argue with You ... i like to argue, but to go with you in caffe to get the Beer - not to hate each other ... And no hard feelings ..
Constructive arguing is good to both sides learn a something ...

I dont like Zune - actualy, i kinda like 1st. gen Zune - but nothing after that, specialy not ZUNE technical support - and ZuNE software ...

MD should close whole ZUNE department and steal some Apple employee [if they can] and start new department namen "iZun" or something .. LoL

KOMI aka ZuneHaterLikeToArgue !

Just keep it calm !

Yeah I bought my girlfriend a Zune 80 and she actually had to sell it because the software really annoyed her after a few months, plus they never really added any more features or a more intuitive interface to the firmware.

I think Microsoft is so desperate to have Apple's market that it will copy both its strengths AND it's weaknesses, unfortunately for us consumers. That's why I want a 3rd party to step in.

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #23 of 101
Quote:

Komi,

I actually agree with you here but the problem is that I think Apple's marketing and willingness to try and make a "laptop in your pocket" rather than a music player is what is going to continue to let it corner the market for the next decade.

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #24 of 101
Quote:

You are right 100%, i hopoe Steve Jobs will recover from liver problem, and run Apple for longer time, cuz someone else will ruin what Steve build ..

This is probably true if Jobs leaves Apple. It would probably have a bigger impact as this would affect the entire product line, not just the iPods. I pretty much like my iPhone. If they would simply add flash support to the browser, give me the ability to upgrade my Japanese iTunes purchases, and improve the iPods with better circuitry I would be happy to continue supporting them. Well, I do anyway since we use Mac (and PCs) at home.

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #26 of 101
Quote:

This is probably true if Jobs leaves Apple. It would probably have a bigger impact as this would affect the entire product line, not just the iPods. I pretty much like my iPhone. If they would simply add flash support to the browser, give me the ability to upgrade my Japanese iTunes purchases, and improve the iPods with better circuitry I would be happy to continue supporting them. Well, I do anyway since we use Mac (and PCs) at home.

Yeah, you wont see flash be able to work in any mobile browser in the next 5 years or more. Flash itself is outdated and needs to be replaced by something more efficient like HTML5.

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #27 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dregur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The title of the thread is not true.

Did you like Hikaru Utada's U.S. releases or do you prefer her Japanese music?

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #28 of 101
Quote:

Did you like Hikaru Utada's U.S. releases or do you prefer her Japanese music?

Her Japanese music is much better.

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #29 of 101
Quote:

The Zune HD has failed to impress most.

I recently got some quality time with Microsoft's new Zune HD media player, and overall I came away incredibly impressed with the device.

Video playback on the device itself was impressive, too.

Having just played with a prototype for a few minutes, I'm really impressed with the Zune HD.

Why do you seem to think your opinion is the only one that matters?

Face it, a lot of people don't agree with you. A lot of people think the HD is impressive. Stop trying to act like you are just pointing out an obvious truth. Obvious to people who aren't "unsophisticated" or "ignorant" that is...

If you want to start a thread to talk about your ideal future PMP, then just do it without the immature diggs at the zune.

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #30 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by Extropian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recently got some quality time with Microsoft's new Zune HD media player, and overall I came away incredibly impressed with the device.

Video playback on the device itself was impressive, too.

Having just played with a prototype for a few minutes, I'm really impressed with the Zune HD.

Why do you seem to think your opinion is the only one that matters?

Face it, a lot of people don't agree with you. A lot of people think the HD is impressive. Stop trying to act like you are just pointing out an obvious truth. Obvious to people who aren't "unsophisticated" or "ignorant" that is...

If you want to start a thread to talk about your ideal future PMP, then just do it without the immature diggs at the zune.

The only website you posted that I actually respect, Gizmodo, only had a minutes-long hands-on in that link you provided. Not a review. PCWorld (cough, shill, cough) was only impressed with the video playback, which anybody would be considering its the first big commercial player to do 720p.

The Zune HD is not getting almost all positive reviews, it is getting mixed reviews.

Zune HD Draws Mixed Reviews -- InformationWeek

Users who are viewing this thread

Back