The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread
May 17, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #5,704 of 5,721
Yeah, it's best to just do all of them though. Unless you are using some crazily expensive opamp.

May 17, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #5,705 of 5,721
Yeah, it's best to just do all of them though. Unless you are using some crazily expensive opamp.
Thanks for your reply;

I'm looking at getting the Burson Audio Dual V6 Vivid's and I guess they are a bit pricey.. it's $123 for 2 vs $207 for 3 making it $84 cheaper.

As long as the speakers don't sound worse than they currently do I'd be happy with that.

Jun 18, 2022 at 8:24 PM Post #5,707 of 5,721
I am planning to buy Audio Technica R70X to connect with my Essence STX. Will this be good enough to drive these cans or do you guys have any suggestions for op amps upgrade?
My STX could decently drive my 600-Ohm headphones (DT880/DT990), I would also guess(?) the 470-Ohm R70X is easy to drive, for a 470-Ohm headphone.
AD797BR is the op-amps I used, the LME49990 and LME49710 have gotten good feedback.

Jul 1, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #5,708 of 5,721
I am planning to buy Audio Technica R70X to connect with my Essence STX. Will this be good enough to drive these cans or do you guys have any suggestions for op amps upgrade?
Hey chief, I would suggest the Burson V5 op amp upgrade, as that is what I have on my STX II. Get all 3 and you'll be good to go with this sound card. It sounds amazing, and drives my 300ohm headphones no problemo! Check out this link here: https://www.bursonaudio.com/product/asus-xonar-essence-stx-opamp-upgrade-pack/

P.S. - You could also go for the V6 options, but I have not personally tried those. Good luck!

Oct 9, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #5,709 of 5,721
Hi guys. I have an STXII in my new pc. I have an ST in my old pc. Would I be able to swap out the amps from the ST to the STXII?
The ST sounds so much better than the STX especially in the low range. The ST has a tight punchy bass compared to a more booming bass 8n the STXII.
Thanks

Oct 9, 2023 at 9:37 PM Post #5,710 of 5,721
Hi guys. I have an STXII in my new pc. I have an ST in my old pc. Would I be able to swap out the amps from the ST to the STXII?
The ST sounds so much better than the STX especially in the low range. The ST has a tight punchy bass compared to a more booming bass 8n the STXII.
Thanks
Yes you can. The share the same drivers, it should just work.

Apr 9, 2024 at 9:54 AM Post #5,712 of 5,721
Hey everyone, Im thinking of buying Burson V5i because V6 are too high and I dont want to see them sticking out of card. Or maybe you have another recomendation?

Anyway I have few questions. I would be thankful for your kind answer.
1. What is the difference between double and single opamp?
2. How many opamps should I buy?
3. Should all be the same?

Thanks in advance

Apr 10, 2024 at 6:09 PM Post #5,714 of 5,721
Hey everyone, I'm thinking of buying Burson V5i because V6 are too high and I don't want to see them sticking out of card. Or maybe you have another recommendation, so would use three dual channel op-amps?

1. What is the difference between double and single op-amp?
2. How many op-amps should I buy?

Thanks in advance
You mean single channel op-amps vs double channel op-amps?
Each slot on the sound card is dual-channel, so it come stock with three dual-channel op-amps.
Or you could use 6 single-channel op-amps, in those same three slots.
I'm not the expert, but I believe single channel op-amps isolate each channel better
But I would also assume one dual channel op-amp is cheaper, then two single channel op-amps.

The cards has two (op-amp) I/V slots and one (op-amp) slot.
The two I/Vs are used (no buffer) for the headphone output, the two I/V and buffer slot are used for the (RCA (line-output).

You would want the I/V slots to have matching op-amps, the buffer does not, but I always buy all matching op-amps, for all three slots.

Apr 10, 2024 at 9:02 PM Post #5,715 of 5,721
Hey everyone, Im thinking of buying Burson V5i because V6 are too high and I dont want to see them sticking out of card. Or maybe you have another recomendation?

1. What is the difference between double and single opamp?
2. How many opamps should I buy?

Thanks in advance
I ran into the same trouble wi' the BURSON® AUDIO products. The V5 and V6 are simply too tall to fit the analog shield, unless one cuts out the oversockets. That's wherefore the shortlist for the V5i (would Burson manufactured a V6i) in lieu o' the stock JRC 2114's and NSC LM4562.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back