The Woo Audio 2
Aug 25, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #1,231 of 1,751
That's why I asked. I saw those black and orange pics too.

And then there's the silver.

I feel there's almost something missing under both colour options to dazzle me.

It's no biggie but it's more like neither is grabbing me 100% so I'm swaying between the two.

On the other hand my iPhone's black and my iPads white and there was some sort of "internal rationale" in choosing those but with the wa2 I can't make "sense" of this
smily_headphones1.gif

Maybe a little color on the letters                                                                                                                                              

Aug 25, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #1,232 of 1,751

I like the idea of getting two Amps. And having the contrast.

At least that will make tube rolling cheap.

Oh hang on......I'll have to do twice as much.

Back to my tube research.

(In the back of my mind the black choice is winning at the moment)

Aug 26, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #1,233 of 1,751

Very cool.

Aug 26, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #1,234 of 1,751
That wasn't an option.
Please tell me that wasn't an option.

Aug 26, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #1,236 of 1,751
Aug 26, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #1,238 of 1,751
Aug 26, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #1,241 of 1,751
Anybody ever try 6H30Pi tubes as drivers in there WA2 Woo says there's no problem using these tubes but i get a buzz in the left channel its like when i use Russian power tubes in the WA22 they buzz and in the WA2 they sound fine .got 2 pairs of these tubes tried 3 different ones in left channel and they all buzz.                                                                                                                             .

Aug 26, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #1,242 of 1,751
  Anybody ever try 6H30Pi tubes as drivers in there WA2 Woo says there's no problem using these tubes but i get a buzz in the left channel its like when i use Russian power tubes in the WA22 they buzz and in the WA2 they sound fine .got 2 pairs of these tubes tried 3 different ones in left channel and they all buzz.                                                                                                                         

Those are the stock power tubes for the MKIVSE correct?  No adapter needed for the WA2?

I will try them now and let you know...Will post in the WA2 tube rolling thread.  I have been rolling some other nice ones as well...

Aug 26, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #1,243 of 1,751

Anybody ever try 6H30Pi tubes as drivers in there WA2 Woo says there's no problem using these tubes but i get a buzz in the left channel its like when i use Russian power tubes in the WA22 they buzz and in the WA2 they sound fine .got 2 pairs of these tubes tried 3 different ones in left channel and they all buzz.                                                                                                                         

Those are the stock power tubes for the MKIVSE correct?  No adapter needed for the WA2?

I will try them now and let you know...Will post in the WA2 tube rolling thread.  I have been rolling some other nice ones as well...

Yes they are  plug and play according to Woo in the WA2 great. Thanks.   Here's what Michael Liang said                                              

Aug 30, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #1,245 of 1,751
I just posted my impressions of the incredible 6N23P 1975 Reflektor single wire getter post on the WA2 tube rolling thread. It seems to be getting renewed activity lately :)
http://www.head-fi.org/t/393811/woo-wa2-tube-rolling-recommendations/480#post_11877440

Users who are viewing this thread

Back