The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Feb 19, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #5,401 of 7,980
Quote:
I know I said earlier that I won't complaining about waiting for my CIEM. Now the wait is killing me X.X. Impressions arrived on January 22 at the lab. >.<

I know I know, Chinese New Year probably delayed it. I understand! XD X.X

January 22? Mine arrived December 31st and my set got shipped 2 days ago. Obviously I can't tell the future, but I'd say it might take a while longer before they get to your set.
tongue.gif

Feb 19, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #5,404 of 7,980
So how are the 8As stacking up for you in gaming? I'm finding them to work rather well :). Dishing out some ubber-pwnage. :p

They're outstanding. As I've said many times, I think gaming is the best test of a headphone's soundstage as you get instant, accurate feedback. I'd say the 8.A has a sound stage on par with the 4.A, if not better. It's still a bit of a tossup as to whether the 8.A is better than my HE-500 or not, but it's close enough to be a challenger and has the added bonus of better isolation which increases immersion.

The only reason I don't use them more is because I need a mic and my lavalier mic is a piece of crap.

Feb 20, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #5,405 of 7,980
I'm just hoping by the time they got to my order my impressions didn't shrink or something like that. After all this waiting if they don't fit I'm going to cry like a 5 year old girl.

Feb 20, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #5,407 of 7,980
I'm as ready as I ever will be I guess. I haven't noticed to many people complaining about having to get refits so I'm hoping I'll be in that camp. By the way is Chinese New Year over at the end of this week or next?

Feb 20, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #5,408 of 7,980
Quote:
I'm as ready as I ever will be I guess. I haven't noticed to many people complaining about having to get refits so I'm hoping I'll be in that camp. By the way is Chinese New Year over at the end of this week or next?

Not sure, but the guy that is shipping my cable has already shipped it, it was a day late since the post office was closed for 3 days.

Feb 20, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #5,410 of 7,980
Quote:

Chinese New Year ended on Sunday basically. Most people in China went back to work on Monday.

Feb 20, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #5,415 of 7,980
Quote:
Yes that is what i thought :)

In a perfect world I could demo all of them and make a more educated decision. But if I was looking to go to high end, they would be my first choice. Not that UM or JH and other companies don't also have great products, it just seems when I see something from Wiz, it just blows me away. It does seem a tad like you are knocking me since I haven't actually heard them, which I do understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back