The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Dec 4, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #3,786 of 7,980
Quote:
Yes, you should ship to San Diego. The office in San Diego check out your impressions to make sure they were well done, and then send them over to Chengdu. The shipping will be cheaper for you as well. I sent my impressions express from Calgary and it cost $11.00. It would likely be $35.00 or more to ship to China.

I just called ups and I was given a quote from Toronto for $22. What company did you use to ship?

Dec 4, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #3,787 of 7,980
Ooohhhh...lucky!
The 6.A seems really nice, good for you. I shipped my impressions only like a week or so ago. The wait is going to be a long one, but worth it!

DANG...just after I posted that I received an email from Brannan saying my impressions were no good. Missing a critical part.

Good news though - had then redone immediately by the actual doctor rather than the assistant.

They are way better looking than last time, in fact she did two sets to make sure they are perfect.
..but the clock starts over...there goes two weeks.

Dec 4, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #3,788 of 7,980
I just get my 4.A! They look amazing and the build is great. But they don't fit right :frowning2:

I have to push in to get any bass. They don't fit tight enough.

So I sent an email to Heir about sending them back for a refit. I'm going to make an appointment with a different audiologist.

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #3,791 of 7,980
I've heard the SR009,HD800 and T1 and could walk away feeling happy about what I already had. The He500 is a different story, I'll probably be getting those one day.

Whatever my next portable headphone will be it’ll likely be my last headphone purchase, barring anything earth-shattering or headphone-shattering. I love my 4.A but there’s a part of me that wonders what I could get from just one more level up. Between my AH-D2000’s and my HE-500’s there’s world of difference but to get anything better I’d have to spend a drastic sum of money and the return in sound wouldn’t be even remotely proportionally as drastic. My HA 4.A sounds amazing but I do sometimes wonder if there might be a little something on the edge that I could get with it.

Though, that might easily be the AMP/DAC I’m using. Which is one reason I’m still passively on the lookout for something else.

Geez that's what worries me in all this. I'm sure I'll like the 4A once they arrive it's the fit that's worrying me

Did you go with a professional, known audiologist or did you go with the cheapest person you can find? If it was the latter... Maybe worry a little. The Wizard is a highly skilled man but he's no magician... Wait...

Don’t worry too much. If the worst should happen it’s not actually the end of the world. Just be patient and enjoy the result.

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #3,792 of 7,980
Quote:
If I had a nickel for all the people having fit issues lately . . .

......you'd have enough coin to buy most of the CIEM's on the market. Yeah I know, I feel the same way. Here's hoping in future as the market grows and more people turn to customs new technology will make fit issues a thing of the past.

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #3,793 of 7,980
Quote:
Did you go with a professional, known audiologist or did you go with the cheapest person you can find? If it was the latter... Maybe worry a little. The Wizard is a highly skilled man but he's no magician... Wait...
Don’t worry too much. If the worst should happen it’s not actually the end of the world. Just be patient and enjoy the result.

I decided to go with someone who was recommended to me by a fellow head-fier in my city. I shot an email to the head offices of the outfit he works for to find out his schedule and I'll be making an appointment, probably next week sometime, and see how it goes.

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #3,794 of 7,980
I went with the audiologist listed on UE's website.

Don't know too many other audiologists in Edmonton...

GAH! My impressions are still in San Francisco according to USPS's tracking website. They've been there since 1am on Nov 30th! I could have driven down, picked up the box in SF, and drove down to San Diego in the time since!

Dec 4, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #3,795 of 7,980
"Your ear mold impressions have been approved and are on their way to our labs now. Your left impression was better than the right, so both will be evaluated again once their reach the labs."

Now I'm worried about fit issues..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back