The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Oct 2, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #2,566 of 7,980
Quote:
Chinese customs officials are beyond the control of even the mighty UPS. Of all the carriers I've dealt with world wide, I actually prefer UPS.

I purchased stuff from China countless times and the clearance using EMS or DHL is very fast. When sorting out the GST, they can't even be bothered to contact me to get my customs client code. Poor service from UPS for me.

Oct 2, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #2,567 of 7,980
I think they expect you  to wait by the door with you bank card. Other couriers just contact you with a way to settle custom tax online or through the phone, even after they delivered your parcel.
You can just search for reviews online to realise how bad UPS are. 

Oct 2, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #2,568 of 7,980
Quote:
I think they expect you  to wait by the door with you bank card. Other couriers just contact you with a way to settle custom tax online or through the phone, even after they delivered your parcel.
You can just search for reviews online to realise how bad UPS are. 

Yeah. Hopefully heir will have different shipping options to choose from in the future.

Oct 2, 2012 at 5:22 AM Post #2,569 of 7,980
Quote:
UPS is really crappy. The target delivery is supposed to be today and it still stuck in HK!

mine actually arrived in the UK (10 miles from where I live), then were shipped to Korea (for a holiday I can only assume) then straight back to the UK again...go figure.  I paid the customs fees (VAT) over the phone to UPS after one failed delivery attempt, easier that way I think.

Oct 2, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #2,570 of 7,980
Quote:
mine actually arrived in the UK (10 miles from where I live), then were shipped to Korea (for a holiday I can only assume) then straight back to the UK again...go figure.  I paid the customs fees (VAT) over the phone to UPS after one failed delivery attempt, easier that way I think.

UPS tracking is kind of a lie. The fun ones are where I order from Amazon and UPS says one thing and Amazon says another. Normally, Amazon is the correct one. Not sure how that can even happen...

Either way, just because they say it went from the UK back to Korea doesn't mean they actually did. It means something in Korea was done relating to your package. I seem to remember mine coming and going from Hong Kong and California a few times before it arrived and I doubt it actually flew back and forth (especially given it was only a few hours apart).

Oct 2, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #2,574 of 7,980
I never had any problems with UPS whatsoever... my IEM's went round the world a bit & took five days to arrive, when they cleared 'Customs' (after checking the website) I paid the excess charges via phone (you can also do it online).

it's pretty simple, I managed it.
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 2, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #2,575 of 7,980
Quote:
I never had any problems with UPS whatsoever... my IEM's went round the world a bit & took five days to arrive, when they cleared 'Customs' (after checking the website) I paid the excess charges via phone (you can also do it online).

it's pretty simple, I managed it.
bigsmile_face.gif

UPS (as well as FedEx, USPS, DHL, et al) varies from region to region in terms of how good it is. In Vermont, FedEx kind of sucks and UPS is much more reliable. In San Francisco, I find the opposite to be true.

Oct 2, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #2,576 of 7,980
Quote:
UPS (as well as FedEx, USPS, DHL, et al) varies from region to region in terms of how good it is. In Vermont, FedEx kind of sucks and UPS is much more reliable. In San Francisco, I find the opposite to be true.

it's all swings & roundabouts with all carriers... unbelievably my IEM's had more stop-offs in England than going round the world, being piggy-backed from different Depots.

Oct 2, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #2,577 of 7,980
Hey, just got my 4.A yesterday, and I'm not sure if I'm having fit issues or not. I was wearing them while walking home and noticed I was hearing traffic quite a bit more than when I was using my UE700 with comply foam. Also, if I apply pressure to hold the IEMs into my ears, the sound becomes substantially better...

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #2,578 of 7,980
Quote:
Hey, just got my 4.A yesterday, and I'm not sure if I'm having fit issues or not. I was wearing them while walking home and noticed I was hearing traffic quite a bit more than when I was using my UE700 with comply foam. Also, if I apply pressure to hold the IEMs into my ears, the sound becomes substantially better...

As someone who went from a UE700 to a 4.A I didn't have a similar issue. How do they feel in your ears? Do they feel quite loose? Are they painful? Are they in fully? It should feel snug but not tight and you should feel no pain. I'd try adjusting them in your ears. I normally wiggle mine back and forth a little, similar to turning a knob on a stereo, in my ears to make sure they're settled properly.

Oct 3, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #2,579 of 7,980
Hmm I don't feel any pain, they are secure in my ears and I can't pull them out unless I twist them forward (ie. opposite direction to the way i twisted them to insert them). These are my first pair of customs, so I'm still getting used to putting them in. They do feel snug, but it feels as though they would sound better if I constantly held them against my head :p

Oct 3, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #2,580 of 7,980
Oh I think I got it. I wiggled them around a little like you suggested, and now I feel a sorta... suction? Like the seal feels more complete and it does feel more deeply inserted. Also, bass impact is back :) and no change between pressing against them and letting them just sit in the ear. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back