The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Jul 23, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #1,366 of 7,980
Quote:
The Leckerton does sound like a great piece of equipment. But for portable use, especially with IEMs, I've found that having tone controls, like those on the Fiio E-17, is invaluable for getting good, balanced, and satisfying sound. I know ultra-purists will say that running the signal through tone controls introduces distortion. Yes, I'm sure it does, but not enough to outweigh the huge advantages of being able to balance sound that might otherwise be very unbalanced. Why don't more companies put this feature on their amps? The Fiio sounds only average as a DAC, but the amp section is not too bad and with a really clean input signal, plus the tone controls, it sounds really great. So I won't be buying a Leckerton any time soon, no matter how good it may be in all other respects.so am still on the search for one that would encompass all three quality,controls,portability;

Your point is valid, but you are bordering on spamming by posting this same thing in multiple places. 

Jul 24, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #1,369 of 7,980
I just got my Nexus 7 in today,  Dark of the moon was on it so I watched it with my 8.A.  The bass is MASSIVE with a movies soundtrack.  Like sound system at the cinema massive but only the sub woofer is in your head.

Jul 24, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #1,372 of 7,980
Not sure, to be honest. The GR07s are pretty awesome for the money - I wish they could be re-shelled...

Jul 25, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #1,374 of 7,980
Quote:
Not sure, to be honest. The GR07s are pretty awesome for the money - I wish they could be re-shelled...

Quote:
yes...i wish someone would reshell and add a few drivers to them..

Call me crazy but I'm pretty sure reshelling and adding drivers would pull them out of the value-for-money bracket and into a price bracket with some pretty damn good alternatives 
wink.gif

Jul 25, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #1,375 of 7,980
Quote:

Call me crazy but I'm pretty sure reshelling and adding drivers would pull them out of the value-for-money bracket and into a price bracket with some pretty damn good alternatives 
wink.gif

hahaha ok ok. Cant say anything against that. Obviously didnt think that one through did I? 
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 25, 2012 at 7:38 AM Post #1,376 of 7,980
Quote:

wink.gif

Well, reshelled without added drivers would be awesome, too. Not having to deal with tips would be worth the added expense imo.

Jul 25, 2012 at 8:03 AM Post #1,377 of 7,980
Quote:
Well, reshelled without added drivers would be awesome, too. Not having to deal with tips would be worth the added expense imo.

I sure as hell don't miss messing around with tips to get a mediocre fit at best. Nothing beats customs when it comes to comfort. Done properly they just disappear.

Jul 25, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #1,379 of 7,980
Quote:

Try the Phonak IEMs...

But yeah, I love the GR07 for their signature. The perfect mix.

I have the FS Atrio with Shure Olives and the Westone 3 before them. Both are fine, but nowhere near the comfort and fit from a proper custom 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back