The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Jun 23, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #7,921 of 7,980
Quote:

I'm sorry, can you point out a single instance of a member being attacked for a set of impressions?

Granted, there was a member who felt the need to counter every negative sentiment, but noone has ever been attacked there. The Heir threads, however...

You're quite welcome to disagree with me but personally I don't see much of a difference between the Heir, Aurisonics and other such "appreciation" threads, they all have their fanboys who can't handle criticism of the products or company.

Jun 23, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #7,922 of 7,980
Quote:
LOL @ lovefest.
It might really be a smaller more "personal" company thing, where you have access to people and not just a corporate logo; it's easier for people to latch on.

Speaking of logo's I don't really like the Aurisonics logo as I've said on those threads, but the Heir logo is worse. It's just not good, at all. Anyone feel free to disagree but you would be wrong.
wink.gif

Agreed, the Heir logo is pretty awful, it reminds me of some 80's metal bands logos.

Jun 23, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #7,923 of 7,980
Quote:

You're quite welcome to disagree with me but personally I don't see much of a difference between the Heir, Aurisonics and other such "appreciation" threads, they all have their fanboys who can't handle criticism of the products or company.

Again,

Quote:

I'm sorry, can you point out a single instance of a member being attacked for a set of impressions?

Granted, there was a member who felt the need to counter every negative sentiment, but noone has ever been attacked there. The Heir threads, however...

Since you made it seem as if you were terrified to tread inside the Aurisonics thread to post impressions of the asg-1.2. And it was insinuated that I was one of the pack who would "massacre" you.

Jun 23, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #7,925 of 7,980

Quote:

Again,

Since you made it seem as if you were terrified to tread inside the Aurisonics thread to post impressions of the asg-1.2.

Nice attempt at making it seem like I said something I didn't. I never said I was "terrified" to post, but based on getting lambasted for simply asking one of the Aurisonics team when I might expect delivery if I were to order a stealth pair of ASG-2's and the reaction of some to Tyll's AS-2's review plus the other actions of certain members, one of whom you yourself referred to, I didn't figure posting my thoughts on the ASG-1.2's would go over to well and personally I don't feel it's worth the bother.

Quote:

And it was insinuated that I was one of the pack who would "massacre" you.

I insinuated no such thing.

Jun 23, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #7,926 of 7,980
Agreed, the Heir logo is pretty awful, it reminds me of some 80's metal bands logos.

Maybe if they work on it a bit, it could reach 80's metal awesomeness. :rolleyes:

The Aurisonics logo just doesn't really mesh with the brand image the company puts out. And in that way, it seems to lack purpose.

This is going to sound rude but the Heir logo looks like someone's cousin did it and the company brass were just like "yeaaaa that looks awesome!"

Jun 23, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #7,927 of 7,980
Jun 23, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #7,928 of 7,980
Quote:
Quote:

That can be one reason...  The other reason was that with the Heir threads, you got attacked buy multiple people for speaking anything negative about Heir Audio.  Even if you liked the IEMs and stated a flaw, you got attacked.  I even saw someone get lynched by Wizard for stating something positive about Heir Audio (I think he just assumed it was negative because of who said it). 

Quote:
This isn't really unique just for Heir though. It happens everywhere.

This is what I find bothersome, it seems like some feel like it's a conspiracy or something but this isn't exclusive to the Heir threads, go read the Aurisonic lovefest threads, it's pretty much the same thing. I wouldn't think of posting my impressions from the brief encounter I had with the ASG-1.2's in any of those threads, I'd be massacred.

I suggest that you post your impressions of them.

Jun 23, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #7,931 of 7,980
Jun 23, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #7,932 of 7,980
Quote:
This is going to sound rude but the Heir logo looks like someone's cousin did it and the company brass were just like "yeaaaa that looks awesome!"

Actually my mother had a large part in it the logo. She tried to hand mock it together, as a former artist she did every thing from oils, charcols, to even pottery...    The thing is, her ability to do art slowly dwindled as her essential tremor it became worse over time. Eventually, she could no longer sign her name.  Her DBS surgery was done two days ago, from my dad's reports, she is recovering well. 

I was rather proud of that logo as a bit of her was in that logo.

To further the explanation of the logo....   (Truth is I should write a book about this experience)  When Heir Audio began, it was began with little money, and on the scale of things, some would say it was began with no money.  Just a closet for a lab, old dusty tools that I dare say were nicked from a "lost and found" bin and we didn't even have a microscope in the lab at the time. 

In fact about the first 20 CIEMs were built in a bathroom, as the bathroom would contain the dust, and a small space heater was adequate to keep the room warm.

But in relation to the logo, we did not have a laser machine, as at the time the cost was too high for one. But we felt we could afford a vinyl cutter. (Essentially vinyl cutters make "stickers.")   Thus we were subject to the restrictions as to what a vinyl cutter could do, which isn't much. Also keep in mind, the logo will be placed on a surface area not much bigger than the size of a jelly bean, it is difficult for a vinyl cutter to make small intricate cuts, a laser can do a better job, but even it has limitations.

So, the logo was born, from the hands of a disabled mother, from the restrictions of a small bank account, and from a Head Fier that dared to follow his dreams.

Wizard

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jun 23, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #7,935 of 7,980
Quote:
I'm still in denial that Pantera released that record, it's the same feeling I got when I realized that Led Zeppelin plagiarized a lot of  songs.

Shut up... Where is this information?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back