The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 12, 2024 at 6:25 AM Post #89,026 of 90,053
I heard that the u12t model became a legend in the 64 audio range, is that true? in principle, this is the best in terms of technical knowledge, so that harman target frequency response is next to it.

u12t has been on the market for 7 years. is it still competitive in the market today? did volur model get better than him?
U/A12t remains highly relevant all these years later, it absolutely deserves it's place as a Legend of this hobby. Now if adjectives like vibrant, exciting, or energetic are what you are after, then it might not be the best for you.

However if clean, clear, transparent, and (god I hate this) "as the artist intended" mean something to you, then it's still hard to beat 12t at what it does best, especially considering its pricing, especially second-hand.

Pair it with a warm-ish source like the Cayin RU7, and it's incredibly intoxicating in its own way.

A12t.jpg

Ehh I wouldn’t call Annihilator bass bad whatsoever just Not to the level of Some other TOTLs I would rate its bass a solid “good” 👍
I think it depends more on what you want out of bass. I generally have a preference for mid-bass over sub-, and always found Anni immensely satisfying in that regard.

That is such a travesty! and a big black mark against Aroma Audio. :angry::angry:
Hmmm, yeah, as someone with very limited opportunity to demo certain brands, Aroma among them, @Sifo experience does leave a bit of a bad taste and puts them well down the list of something I'd take a punt on.

May 12, 2024 at 6:42 AM Post #89,027 of 90,053
U/A12t remains highly relevant all these years later, it absolutely deserves it's place as a Legend of this hobby. Now if adjectives like vibrant, exciting, or energetic are what you are after, then it might not be the best for you.

However if clean, clear, transparent, and (god I hate this) "as the artist intended" mean something to you, then it's still hard to beat 12t at what it does best, especially considering its pricing, especially second-hand.

Pair it with a warm-ish source like the Cayin RU7, and it's incredibly intoxicating in its own way.

A12t.jpg
Sorry sir, we hate U12T in this thread

May 12, 2024 at 7:13 AM Post #89,029 of 90,053
2000 bucks is still all right. Of course, I think it’s unlikely that the average audiophile will overpay a premium for diamonds. Personally, sound is important to me. And let them look like bricks, but with good usability. I'm looking at the Simponio P0. By the way, they cost $4,000. For some reason I want to taste the entire Simphonio line. I have and use Simponio's PB10 (one PD+one BA) and RX10 (one DD).
Someone else with a PB10, wow would have never thought! That one’s a keeper for me no doubt!

May 12, 2024 at 7:19 AM Post #89,030 of 90,053
2000 bucks is still all right. Of course, I think it’s unlikely that the average audiophile will overpay a premium for diamonds. Personally, sound is important to me. And let them look like bricks, but with good usability. I'm looking at the Simponio P0. By the way, they cost $4,000. For some reason I want to taste the entire Simphonio line. I have and use Simponio's PB10 (one PD+one BA) and RX10 (one DD).
P0 is a very cohesive and fun sounding IEM, a little bit bass boosted with great dynamics. It has pretty good resolutions in terms of 1 Planar set! Have been one of my favorite set for quite a long time before I rotated it out and try other sets. I am looking forward to their upcoming releases like D-Max and VR2 as well but still P0 is my favorite among their line up.

May 12, 2024 at 7:28 AM Post #89,031 of 90,053
Why is that? I read everywhere that the best 64 Audio inear are the u12t.
It’s more an inside joke, not a serious remark :dt880smile:

Though if you wait a while, you will see “U12t is boring” and “u12t is overrated” incoming.

May 12, 2024 at 7:43 AM Post #89,032 of 90,053
It’s more an inside joke, not a serious remark :dt880smile:

Though if you wait a while, you will see “U12t is boring” and “u12t is overrated” incoming.
I don't think so, it is clearly written everywhere that the u12t is the best tuned and most technically sound inear of the 64 audio products. u18t and fourte are not well tuned.

May 12, 2024 at 7:49 AM Post #89,033 of 90,053
Have you actually heard the VE10? Isn't it for you? I got a demo from VE and I have to say I'm quite impressed with it. Really great bass and mids, no harshness/sibilant etc. technicalities are pretty good too... a fantastic IEM for the price. And it's not that sensitive either: volume 27 vs 33 Mentor @ about 75, max 80db, low gain with the N30 (no hiss).

Taken from my notes in Amsterdam:

Too much focus on the low end while bass needs better resolution (both due to the stock cable I found out – bad pairing really), needs more sparkle as it sounded too closed in though very pleasant, needs more bite, attack, and openness, overall a lovely balance and I wonder what a Chiron / DX320 would bring.

I'm not really in a part of the world where you can easily try 5 different cables and DAPs on an IEM. And it's not something you easily do at CanJam either as you'd have to take one manufacturer's inventory and hop over to the next. So my best chance is probably the next Watercooler Europe Meetup that is so much fun to attend that not finding a better solution almost comes as a bonus.

drftr

I love the Aura and last CanJam finally had a chance to compare it side by side with the VEX. They are quite similar, except the VEX has a slightly elevated bass that I found was unnecessary. The Aura’s balance is just perfect for me, and it sounds both more neutral and more open.

It is a great complement for me to the Sultan, a more airy and lighter/faster presentation that pairs really well with a warm source.

May 12, 2024 at 7:50 AM Post #89,034 of 90,053
I don't think so, it is clearly written everywhere that the u12t is the best tuned and most technically sound inear of the 64 audio products. u18t and fourte are not well tuned.
Forget what others say and listen for yourself. After a year of research online and without the ability to demo anything I decided the U12t had to be it. I waited months for delivery (tnx DHL!), received it, then sold it a month later. I don't recommend the approach to anyone as nobody knows your preferences. And, if you're just starting in the hobby, you don't know either. Best option is to visit some head-fi show or a local(ish) meetup, as the money you spend on transport pales by a wrong buy.

drftr

May 12, 2024 at 7:51 AM Post #89,035 of 90,053
I love the Aura and last CanJam finally had a chance to compare it side by side with the VEX. They are quite similar, except the VEX has a slightly elevated bass that I found was unnecessary. The Aura’s balance is just perfect for me, and it sounds both more neutral and more open.

It is a great complement for me to the Sultan, a more airy and lighter/faster presentation that pairs really well with a warm source.
Still on my wishlist to demo! Tnx!

drftr

May 12, 2024 at 8:16 AM Post #89,036 of 90,053
Taken from my notes in Amsterdam:

Too much focus on the low end while bass needs better resolution (both due to the stock cable I found out – bad pairing really), needs more sparkle as it sounded too closed in though very pleasant, needs more bite, attack, and openness, overall a lovely balance and I wonder what a Chiron / DX320 would bring.

I'm not really in a part of the world where you can easily try 5 different cables and DAPs on an IEM. And it's not something you easily do at CanJam either as you'd have to take one manufacturer's inventory and hop over to the next. So my best chance is probably the next Watercooler Europe Meetup that is so much fun to attend that not finding a better solution almost comes as a bonus.

drftr
What sources did you try them with?

Warm sources make the VE10 sound very bassy. Tip insertion depth also plays quite a huge part for treble I realise, deeper is better. Stock Azla tips are also very bass heavy.

May 12, 2024 at 8:17 AM Post #89,037 of 90,053
Edit:

Somehow your post looked like it was in russian for me, but not anymore 🤷‍♂️😅

May 12, 2024 at 8:18 AM Post #89,038 of 90,053

Warm sources make the VE10 sound very bassy. Tip insertion depth also plays quite a huge part for treble I realise, deeper is better. Stock Azla tips are also very bass heavy.
PAW6000 - very tight and lean in the bass department. Most likely any change in DAP would lead to an even thicker sound.

drftr

May 12, 2024 at 8:26 AM Post #89,040 of 90,053

I don't find the VE10 "very bassy". On the other hand, I'm a big fan of the Xe6, so I probably don't count. N30 tube mode, low gain here. Mid and high gain make the VE10 pretty clear by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back