The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Feb 12, 2024 at 1:51 PM Post #81,301 of 90,560

Ye. WDR Big Band always delivers. We have some awesome state funded big bands here in germany.

I love Mark Lettieri' performance, but I never know he is state funded. PS: I misread, it is the WDR big band funded by the state.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2024 at 2:11 PM Post #81,302 of 90,560
thank you, I will probably trade my Mentor for Trifecta. I guess when you tasted Bass Monster before, it is hard to go back to a neutral IEM, even though I don't think any IEM can beat Mentor holographic in your head music. That slam and dump from Odin... it's just perfectly done. BA bass is totally different from DD bass for sure.
I own both the Mentor and Trifecta.

IMHO it’s hard to beat Mentor in the holographic department. Personally, not even the Trifecta can beat it with the same source. However, I find the WM1ZM2 a great pairing with the Trifecta for soundstage.

I hesitate to recommend the Trifecta given the polar opposite opinions with regards to its tuning although it’s my favourite monitor. So, YMMV. Hope you like it as much as I do.

Feb 12, 2024 at 6:30 PM Post #81,303 of 90,560
The Tian is really, REALLY good. A big surprise at early 2024. An iem I would actually recommend to fellow watercoolers. Priced at ~$900 this is actually a killer.

It equips a U-shaped sig with impressive technicalities. Bass dives deep while being tactile; Mids are full and rich, sounding natural but not too analog; Highs are vibrant and extended, giving an excellent sense of space and air. If I have to nitpick I'd say treble gets very occasionally sharp, but guess this depends on person. Even a treble-sensitive person like me have no problem putting them on for extended periods.
I would describe Tian as an all-rounder that does well among different genres. 80s pop? Check. Electronica? Check. Orchestral? Alright maybe not the best but yeah, check. It is quite forgiving as well, which sounds awesome regardless of recording quality.
Stock cable seems to be your usual copper cable: it feels supple and soft. SQ is decent though, bringing out what Tian intends to deliver. Of course cable swapping gives Tian more room to express, but I don't think that is something necessary. Power is the key though. This iem is POWER-HUNGRY, probably due to its magnetostatic drivers. Despite sounding sufficient on low-power sources, with an extra amp headstage is out-of-your-head, and details keep popping up in an extremely dark background. Basically not something one would expect at this price. Andro 2020 comes to my mind when we talk about top-tier technicalities at ~$1000; Tian outperforms it while giving much better dynamics.

In short, Tian is a killer, thumbs up to Nico @ Gaudio. It does everything well, from tuning to technicals. Guess we have another all-rounder since UM MEST variants. We have ~$9000 iems this day, guess a ~$900 iem is at least worth your demo.

1707716250882.png
Agree , this is a big surprise for me and has changed my hybrid listening order.

GAudio Tian , CustomArt 3H Pro, Dita Project M, Meze Advar.

Appreciate your detailed description you describe it pretty well.

They are extremely comfortable, plus using their stock wide bore tips.

Will check to see how sensitive is to tip rolling.

Will add that the Flipears Artha is another surprise for me, it reminds me of the Thieaudio Divinity 16 , but the handling on the low end is better IMO with switches 1/2 on ON.

Would expect a lot more conversation on this set.

Need to spend more time with it.

Feb 12, 2024 at 8:32 PM Post #81,305 of 90,560
I was thinking of GM, but I am afraid of it because of many complaints of quality control issues. For $3000 IEMs with quality control issue, it's a big red flag.
How is Storm? Did you audition it? What makes it so special, very little impression regarding Storm in the forum for now.
Storm was great but some of my friend in the community didnt like how it sound i forgot what it is, but to me the timbre was off and it was not smooth. For the price i expect them to be perfect.

What you mean QC issue? I think Fatfreq have fixed their GM with new case and design? Hmmm i dont mind with Fatfreq issue if there is one, i live in SEA i can just visit their store. Lol.

Feb 12, 2024 at 8:36 PM Post #81,306 of 90,560
Decided to reluctantly part ways with my N7 & EXT as the girlfriend tax is real (especially moving in together) and I don't see myself saving enough for the VEX soon if I don't lol.

Good news is I can finally be at peace and place an order for the customs. Could possibly re-buy the EXT down the road but not anytime soon. I hope that they release the customs soon.

Feb 12, 2024 at 10:37 PM Post #81,308 of 90,560
I am loving the cat pics with IEMs, please continue this trend. That first cat was stupid funny looking, love it. thx
I'm gonna guess you're referring to my cat! She is funny looking, and she's not the brightest bulb on the tree, but she's a sweetheart and would not hurt a fly, like literally useless there 😂😂
1000006053.jpg

Feb 12, 2024 at 11:24 PM Post #81,309 of 90,560
It's been a 2 month round trip, but my CIEM, a CA Fibae 5, has come back to Socal and I'm very happy to have it back in my ears, no tips to worry about. Thanks, @piotrus-g for your amazing, no hassle service, even if halfway across the world. As easy as CFA or Fir!

And getting these back in my ears, I haven't taken them out for hours, they become a part of one's anatomy! And they sound just as good as I remember, such a lovely set!
1000006414.jpg
1000006411.jpg

Feb 12, 2024 at 11:45 PM Post #81,311 of 90,560
My tiger and code 24
1000000444.jpg

Feb 13, 2024 at 1:02 AM Post #81,312 of 90,560
Meet Slothy & Bruce:
For context, first one got the name cause her front paws are deformed. Her toes are fused and there’s essentially one or two openings for all her claws that she can’t retract, they look like sloth claws lol. She’s the most defenceless cat I’ve ever met in my life. Her claw swipes feel like lil slaps it’s so adorable. When you carry her she tries to wiggle away then gives up and accepts her fate of eternal cuddles 😂

Bruce is just chill af he will walk up to anyone.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2024 at 6:08 AM Post #81,314 of 90,560
It's been a 2 month round trip, but my CIEM, a CA Fibae 5, has come back to Socal and I'm very happy to have it back in my ears, no tips to worry about. Thanks, @piotrus-g for your amazing, no hassle service, even if halfway across the world. As easy as CFA or Fir!

And getting these back in my ears, I haven't taken them out for hours, they become a part of one's anatomy! And they sound just as good as I remember, such a lovely set!
1000006414.jpg1000006411.jpg
Glad to hear! Enjoy! always happy to help!

Feb 13, 2024 at 6:22 AM Post #81,315 of 90,560
My tiger and code 24
Good move owning a metal Iem .. I’d be paranoid with a resin shell around any animal 😬 all good until you wake up to see cute little tiger playing with a chewed up annihilator as a toy 💀😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back