The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jan 28, 2024 at 3:10 AM Post #79,966 of 89,957
What a rabbit hole this was this afternoon, I had no idea the connection to one of my COVID-era guilty pleasures...
44y9c0.jpg

Don't know about Isa, I'm yet to hear any Oriolus stuff unfortunately.:xf_frown:

I hear it quite differently from that @tombrisbane fellow. Mids and treble have plenty of detail and I don't find the bass near as overwhelming as, say Maestro Mini, or *gulp* Scarlett Mini.

Besides, who's this @tombrisbane anyways?! Can't trust a Queenslander. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Here here. This is supposed to be that quiet escape from all the BS out there. No, not Black Star, the other BS.

You're SO ****ing special. I wish I was special.
Almost makes me want to try it again, maybe I was having a bad day when I was reviewing it. I mean, I’m liking the Hidizs MP145 today so who knows what’s happening with my ears 😂

Not sure how I’m going to survive the bass on the FF IEM’s.

Jan 28, 2024 at 3:21 AM Post #79,968 of 89,957
I like your Rosenkranz Silver HB Ruthenium as well! Very warm and relaxing sound without sacrificing too much technicalities despite being a tiny 1DD set.
This description really didn't sell me the 10k€(?) IEM. I would describe my 100€ Venture Electronics SiE precisely like that. Warm, relaxing, sacrificing some technicalities, tiny.
20230701_112629~2.jpg

For me, Quattro is not for critical listening, as it fails to deliver a lot of things. It's more of a mood-basis iem, if you are in a good mood (in the zone) it really hits you hard; otherwise, on some occasions, I just want to grab anything but these.
When the mood is right I can enjoy a $3.99 radio bought on the petrol station too. While great IEMs ought to be mood changing - preferrably for the better.

Damn, I missed some action here these last few days! :0 Been producing music with a buddy of mine and we are getting real close to finish mixing on our first EP. It's an amateur piece but I am nevertheless quite proud of what we made so far. :)

In other news, I won the trip to Sennheisers new Headquarters in Tullamore, which is pretty awesome! Did not to tell you guys here when it happened, but now me and my buddy are registered and everything, so it should work out fine. Looking forward to listening to the HE-1 for the first time in my life.

This is the album I suggested and it seems like it will be added to the listening room of HE-1. :) Amazing to think that 2 years ago, I didn't even know this forum existed and how much it influenced my life so far.

Overall I have been losing some weight and the year has started pretty well, if not to say, great. Hope you guys have a similar experience. Wish you well and hope you'll treat each other with respect! Getting back to recording some drums soon, byebye. 👋

Wow you're really getting a move on. Both health-wise and in this hobby of ours. Massive respect for all you have going on and enjoy the HE-1! And you better start saving up already ...

Jan 28, 2024 at 4:35 AM Post #79,971 of 89,957
I take the trinity and must expand it to a quartet because the tips are a crucial component:

FIR RN6 + SednaEarfit Crystals + PW FTS + N30LE

PW FTS in combination with the above components is just WOW!
After reading the reviews about this cable i was fearful about the extended treble, but the treble is so nicely done, no harshness at all.
And the realism of instruments just blowed me away: strings, brass is so nicely done, i can listen for hours and hours. Sound stage and imaging is also on another level.
Vocals are also very good, but not the star of the show.
I have to try the Orphy, i suspect it to be much better in these regards.
The harsh truth is imo: without this cable N30 and RN6 makes no sense anymore.
Now ask @davidmolliere if perhaps he has any suggestions for you 😁

drftr
Personally I wouldn't say RN6 makes no sense without Orpheus, it's still an excellent combination even with the stock cable it just becomes mesmerizing with it is all :p

Now from what I remember @Tokpakorlo comparison between FTS and Orpheus in his review makes them a different pairing to RN6 so loving the FTS combo with RN6 doesn't mean Orphy would be better for someone who prefers FTS signature.

Jan 28, 2024 at 4:45 AM Post #79,972 of 89,957
Watercooler Europe Meetup Logo NL Transparent.png

Until now 18 of the 44 respondents (a whopping 40%) are joining us for our first Europe meetup in Amsterdam this March, plus 10 members that are not 100% sure just yet (which would make for a ridiculous 60%!). Given our motto the more the merrier please reach out to me should you find yourself near enough and willing to join us for some good fun; even if you're not based in Europe at all.

Although a last minute appearance is always possible, if there's more than a few surprises we may not be allowed to just add more and more chairs and hope to get away with it. So for logistical reasons please see if you can let me know before next weekend and we'll follow up. When responding through PM please let us know which weekends (afternoon+morning session) are possible for you:

• A: March 9+10 => currently 12 votes
  • B: March 16+17 => currently 14 votes
  • C: March 23+24 => currently 16 votes

drftr

Jan 28, 2024 at 4:48 AM Post #79,973 of 89,957
Personally I wouldn't say RN6 makes no sense without Orpheus, it's still an excellent combination even with the stock cable it just becomes mesmerizing with it is all :p

Now from what I remember @Tokpakorlo comparison between FTS and Orpheus in his review makes them a different pairing to RN6 so loving the FTS combo with RN6 doesn't mean Orphy would be better for someone who prefers FTS signature.
I agree, of course. It is obvious that @mgsu forgot to mention in his comment that it is about his own feeling, which as such is subjective and cannot be an objective truth.

I am also a big fan of the stock cable. And knowing about what I've read about it and thinking about what others have told me, I wouldn't even like Orphy.

Jan 28, 2024 at 4:48 AM Post #79,974 of 89,957
For the Europe Meetup If someone is in Paris or near I'll drive to Amsterdam so the more the merrier, right now I am only bringing @lafeuill with me so I have 3 seats in the model 3 :grin: If someone is on the way (Lille, Antwerp, Gand...) we can probably manage to stop by too!

(disclaimer : I don't own the long range which means I don't have the great sound system that goes with it... kind of against NMC so I went LFP there...wished Tesla offered the possibility for 2 amps 14 HP on the SR 😭).

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2024 at 4:58 AM Post #79,975 of 89,957
For the Europe Meetup If someone is in Paris or near I'll drive to Amsterdam so the more the merrier, right now I am only bringing @lafeuill with me so I have 3 seats in the model 3 :grin: If someone is on the way (Lille, Antwerp, Gand...) we can probably manage to stop by too!

(disclaimer : I don't own the long range which means I don't have the great sound system that goes with it... kind of against NMC so I went LFP there...wished Tesla offered the possibility for 2 amps 14 HP on the SR 😭).
Fantastic idea! I hope @Andricop and @Junmoe62 are taking note. And if you run a kidnap-on-demand service please see if you can take care of @DaveStarWalker 😜

drftr

Jan 28, 2024 at 5:01 AM Post #79,976 of 89,957
You listen to The Hu too? Cool 😎 I love the language :)
Yeah since my taste is quite narrow I get recommended quite a lot of random foreign songs.

There’s some German, Iranian, lotsa French & Japanese, Catalan, Russian, Spanish off the top of my head.

Also want to share quite a legendary Indonesian song around these parts, you might be familiar with as well:

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2024 at 5:02 AM Post #79,977 of 89,957
I have to confess something: since I owe my Amber Pearl IEM I do not listen anymore to my full size headphone. I find those IEM more immersive…

Am I the only one prefering TOL IEM to headphones ?

Jan 28, 2024 at 5:14 AM Post #79,978 of 89,957
Man if you guys want to try to be insulting. Get some wit.

You can't raise your IQ but you can at least maybe study some comedians, maybe read some actually intelligent jokes, And try to at least have a decent insult.

Your insults are about as interesting and rare as the cactus wood that we use to catch fish poop in aquariums.
You want a it decent ; Let the screen door hit you were the good lord split you and stop all this nonsense .

Jan 28, 2024 at 5:19 AM Post #79,979 of 89,957
I have to confess something: since I owe my Amber Pearl IEM I do not listen anymore to my full size headphone. I find those IEM more immersive…

I would also be very interested in that. I only have the HD800S for gaming, but for music... well, I also like my IEMs more because of that immersion aspect, among other things.

Jan 28, 2024 at 5:58 AM Post #79,980 of 89,957

I'd say that can be cycles as well... I just got back into Headphones again, since I got my Diana Tc and last week got the legendary 1266.

I still have fun with IEMs and friends chats, but 99% of my time have been with Headphones recently.

I know I will revert that scale sooner than later, but I'm enjoying the journey. :)

IMG_0390.jpeg

IMG_0442.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back