The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jan 6, 2024 at 10:10 PM Post #77,206 of 90,405
IMG_3780.jpeg
The synergy between the Gold brick, and he1000se is so beautiful ❤️🎶❄️
I thought 1ZM2 is not powerful enough to drive Hifiman headphones. Of course, mine is HE6SE, HE1kSE might be easier to drive.

Jan 6, 2024 at 10:10 PM Post #77,208 of 90,405
thinking about ordering a bass cannon set to hold me over until September (CanJam) for a demo and larger/balanced set...

Any thoughts on the Scarlet Mini?
Personally, I go Oriolus szalayi but Scarlett mini Is definitely a great choice Fat freq really about that bass canon life

Jan 6, 2024 at 10:11 PM Post #77,209 of 90,405
I thought 1ZM2 is not powerful enough to drive Hifiman headphones. Of course, mine is HE6SE, HE1kSE might be easier to drive.
HE1kse has plenty of headroom to drive with gold brick highly recommended Trust me. 🔥❤️ brings the butter 🧈 Easily my favorite, portable headphone set up for around the house

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 10:13 PM Post #77,211 of 90,405
Is the fit of the grand maestro the same as the maestro SE ? I would love to try out the grand maestro, but if it’s the same fit as the SE than it is not gonna work for my ear unfortunately
No, MSE is okay-ish for me, GM is very uncomfortable (I remember the switch or something hurting me).

Jan 6, 2024 at 10:16 PM Post #77,212 of 90,405
Szalayi has a unique set up for drivers. Believe that is the set with a planar in it amongst others. Tjzurlaaa what makes you recommend it?
What makes it so special is the rich non-fatigue sound with a huge sub bass boost And the mid range is beautiful a set I could never let go off .. recommend watching Sajid’s review

Jan 6, 2024 at 10:18 PM Post #77,213 of 90,405
No, MSE is okay-ish for me, GM is very uncomfortable (I remember the switch or something hurting me).
Yikes 😬 that sucks because I’m sure it sounds so good

Jan 6, 2024 at 10:22 PM Post #77,214 of 90,405
What makes it so special is the rich non-fatigue sound with a huge sub bass boost And the mid range is beautiful a set I could never let go off .. recommend watching Sajid’s review
I mean I could just pull out my set and use it to watch the review. That way it can be like review inception.

Jan 6, 2024 at 10:26 PM Post #77,215 of 90,405
thinking about ordering a bass cannon set to hold me over until September (CanJam) for a demo and larger/balanced set...

Any thoughts on the Scarlet Mini?

They’re a fun set - it’s a tip and insertion depth sensitive IEM. SpinFit Omni and Azla SednaEarFit Light shorts provide a bit more clarity while maintain sub bass. SpiralDots++ adds sub bass emphasis for a fun listen. My listening sessions have been up to an 1hr to 1.5hr as they can get fatiguing over time. There’s some lack of precision in bass and sub can come off pillowy but fills the bass-head IEM gap I’ve missed since EVO.

They’re very compact, lightweight. My unit doesn’t have any build issues and arrived about a month from MusicTeck. Only issue is wait time for these, especially ordering direct from FF.

IMG_0579.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 10:26 PM Post #77,216 of 90,405
I mean I could just pull out my set and use it to watch the review. That way it can be like review inception.
I love it 😂 The comfort is also very good for me at least I could wear it for hours .. happy to see you’re in the szalayi circle

Jan 6, 2024 at 10:54 PM Post #77,217 of 90,405
They’re a fun set - it’s a tip and insertion depth sensitive IEM. SpinFit Omni and Azla SednaEarFit Light shorts provide a bit more clarity while maintain sub bass. SpiralDots++ adds sub bass emphasis for a fun listen. My listening sessions have been up to an 1hr to 1.5hr as they can get fatiguing over time. There’s some lack of precision in bass and sub can come off pillowy but fills the bass-head IEM gap I’ve missed since EVO.

They’re very compact, lightweight. My unit doesn’t have any build issues and arrived about a month from MusicTeck. Only issue is wait time for these, especially ordering direct from FF.

IMG_0579.jpeg
That's what worried me: a fun set in the beginning, but ended up not being used too much. Plus the waiting time, I will have a chance to demo it in a tour and hopefully I will tell if it is a worthy IEM to join my collection.

Jan 6, 2024 at 11:19 PM Post #77,219 of 90,405

IMG_0579.jpeg
This looks quite nice, thank you for the detailed post. This would fit nicely in my gear collection i think. I have asked Musicteck enough questions, i need to order something from them soon haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back