The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 30, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #88,021 of 88,032
Quick informal survey: Who amongst us is posting here to flex?
What could I flex when I only listen to a 2-pin modded Sony MH755, with an old yellowish Walkman, some homemade Japanese cables with a very weird name (Yotanwa or something), and a very plain looking black amp which is also made by the same guy that made the cables..

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 11:36 AM Post #88,025 of 88,032
That would make ones life sooooo much easier indeed.. a huge blessing in disguise 😘
A member commented a while ago that he can't afford to buy HD820 or HD800. He sounded a bit jealous. He owns a few HD6**
It was towards me and owning both...but in the next couple of pages...he said how he spent vacations in Greece with his wife and I think two children...
I didn't reply to that, but I could say to him...dude...I can't spend (afford) that much money on vacations either, instead of that, I enjoy Hi-Fi :wink:
So, in this case...vacation or Hi-Fi...I choose Hi Fi...but I have zero interests in Bimmers :)

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 11:40 AM Post #88,026 of 88,032
So, in this case...vacation or Hi-Fi...I choose Hi Fi...
Welcome to Watercooler Island, where the sun always shines and all your sorrows are taken care off by our shepherd @Rockwell75. You can check out any time you like...

drftr

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #88,027 of 88,032
Welcome to Watercooler Island, where all your sorrows are taken care off by our shepherd @Rockwell75. You can check out any time you like...
Hahaha, no sorrow at all...I enjoy it to the fullest! Music feeds my soul..Hi-Fi helps, too :)
But...thank you for welcoming me!!!
But the thing is even crazier than just vacation thing...a lot more than that :)

Apr 30, 2024 at 11:49 AM Post #88,028 of 88,032
Hahaha, no sorrow at all...I enjoy it to the fullest! Music feeds my soul..Hi-Fi helps, too :)
But...thank you for welcoming me!!!
But the thing is even crazier than just vacation thing...a lot more than that :)
Is the better half happy with the Hi-Fi life choice though?

Apr 30, 2024 at 11:55 AM Post #88,029 of 88,032
Apr 30, 2024 at 12:08 PM Post #88,030 of 88,032
Is the better half happy with the Hi-Fi life choice though?
Well, it's hard to believe, but there are those happy soulmates.
It's very rare to happen, but we are soulmates, yes.

We share everything. No secrets between us...freedom and free life...
hmm, not free in that term, hahaha, these things cost a looot of money.

But that's only money...which is there to spend.

Cheers! :wink:

Apr 30, 2024 at 12:08 PM Post #88,031 of 88,032
The PWA 1950’s is hands down the best cable I’ve ever heard. The shielding version is the icing on the cake but I would be just as happy with a non shielded clone. For my preferences it brings out the very best in your favorite iem. I haven’t heard a bad pairing with the 50’s. At this moment I’m using my 50’s shielding with the Fei Wan and having an insanely enjoyable experience. And Man! Do I miss the LX! Excited to hear the Triton and it seems Noble Audio has also made an L shape iem that I am super curious about in the Onyx!

Funny you mention it, I am also a huge fan of th 1960's, it had an energentic romantic sound, trying my best to describe it. the 1950's is a great neutral cable that really clears everything up.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 12:33 PM Post #88,032 of 88,032
But to get back to the Z1R and harsh treble...perhaps, I wouldn't know, is there any?:thinking:

I posted about Audeze CRBN a couple of days ago.
It was a completely different experience from what I had with planars and DD headphones.
These headphones open up a completely new universe of sound.
I was recently considering getting the Hifiman HE1000 Stealth.

I thought I might get perfect headphones for listening to jazz and classical music.
I almost bought them, but I suddenly ordered CRBN instead. And man...did I do the right thing?

Now, it makes complete sense to listen to Jazz and Classical music on headphones.
and not only through speakers, which I preferred for jazz and classical above everything.

But now, with CRBN...it's equal...

Why is that connected to Z1R?
If someone can't take Z1R's "harsh treble," then I think electrostatic headphones will be a hard take, too.

And if it is, then they loose really, really something special if they like jazz or classical music.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back