The Vmoda Crossfade Wireless and my impressions!
Oct 1, 2015 at 7:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Eudis

100+ Head-Fier
Hey music lovers!

Just got my GUNMETAL Vmoda CrossFade Wireless!

LINK FOR VMODA SITE: http://v-moda.com/crossfade-wireless/

Currently awaiting to test their Bluetooth sound and wired sound. (Actually testing the Bluetooth now. ITS PHENOMENAL! I'm doing further testing and comparisons.) I'm no experienced reviewer. My goal is to NOT review them 'professionally'. My goal to give everyone my IMPRESSION on them. I'm not going to rip apart every little detail about them, I do not feel I have the experience nor expertise to do so. I will be as detailed as I can on my opinions and impressions, though.

Once I feel I have listened(enjoyed ;D) them enough I'll update this post with my feelings, experience, and opinion on them.

Music and methods used for testing:

Glitch Mob - Drink the sea Album

Ludovico Einaudi - La Notte della Taranta 2010 album

Twenty One Pilots - BlurryFace Album

Kiyoshi Yoshida - Matsuri Album

Two Door Cinema Club - Tourist History Album

Eminem - Encore Album

Samurai Champloo OST.

Several Micheal Jackson songs.

Video game sounds - Destiny, BloodBorne, Smite, League of Legends, Mad Max, Witcher, Etc.

Source: My Note 4 + Spotify premium Max Quality + Gaming on the PC and PS4.
Note: I normally add a tab bit extra bass on the equalizer app on my note 4. I will remove all enhancements and go with a neutral sound. THEN I will occasionally throw in a little bass to see how these respond to it. I actually already did that and it was pretty nice wirelessly, I do have to use as stock as I can during my testing.

(Sorry, I do not yet have an adapter for my Schiit Magni 2 Uber, I'm limited to the 3.5mm jack on my phone. I do believe that these cans will like an extra bit of juice from an amp!)

Yes, I know. That is a lot of testing materials that I will use. I need to get my ears to adjust to their sounds and I want to cover as many genre's as I can and different types of sources. I want to experience all that these cans have to offer. I will keep these testing methods CONSISTENT between the wired and wireless mode!

BUILD QUALITY
So far, they are super comfy. Well not really. They are only super comfy because I added the XL pads from my previous M100. Stock pads are shallow and mess with my ears. With XL pads, SUPER COMFY. With the standard pads, TOO SHALLOW.

Build quality is ridiculously top notch. These things look and feel SOLID, which is expected of the wireless m100 successor. It is made of various materials such as: high quality plastic; metal on the arms, head band, driver area; leather and fabric on the headband. Coupled together these materials give it a very unique and premium look. Their weight is relatively modest. Obviously not the lightest out there, but I don't have the neck of a newborn and strength of a limp noddle. These babies are just the right weight for prolonged used. Clamping force is modest too. Its certainly more than my DT990s 600ohm and K7xx, just about the same as my previous DT 770s 250ohm. This is going from feeling alone. I'm not using and type of tools that measures clamping force. Now, this modest clamping is good for one thing. Portability! They feel like they will stay on during a jog. Which is a good thing if you want to use these for exercise! I do exercise, so I'll touch up on that later on. The buttons are conveniently located on the right cup. Top three are Vol Down, Function button, Vol Up from left to right. The bottom slider handles turning them on and off plus Bluetooth pairing. 

I am also getting my custom 3-D shields friday 10/2/15. I'll update this post when I receive them!

Now without further ado, PICTURES!:

http://imgur.com/a/AsYke

(IF HAVE MISSED ANY POINT YOU WOULD LIKE FOR ME TO ANSWER PLEASE LET ME KNOW.)

Dec 15, 2015 at 3:43 AM Post #2 of 3
Totally agree this head phone has well exceeded my expectations. I am usually a cable snob and insist on using portable dacs for best sound quality. However Spotify at extreme bit rate the bluetooth stream and built in dac on the crossfade has really impressed me. I find accoustic music very well reproduced from the punchy bass to soaring smooth mids. Well done Val and team you've made me a believer in wireless.

Dec 15, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #3 of 3
Totally agree this head phone has well exceeded my expectations. I am usually a cable snob and insist on using portable dacs for best sound quality. However Spotify at extreme bit rate the bluetooth stream and built in dac on the crossfade has really impressed me. I find accoustic music very well reproduced from the punchy bass to soaring smooth mids. Well done Val and team you've made me a believer in wireless.

Thanks, we made ourselves a believer in wireless too!

I said I'd never make a wireless headphone, well I ate my words and am a conVert now!

Just worked out at gym with the phone in my bag, it was great...

-V

Users who are viewing this thread

Back