The thread nobody seemingly wants to become open.
May 21, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #3 of 49
Man, I know my fair share of music about misery but I actually have no idea if suicide ever arises in anything I know…
Interesting.
Its generally quite a sensitive subject so I doubt there’s a ton of it out there.

Last edited:
May 21, 2023 at 6:12 PM Post #4 of 49

May 22, 2023 at 6:44 AM Post #5 of 49
Man, I know my fair share of music about misery but I actually have no idea if suicide ever arises in anything I know…
Interesting.
Its generally quite a sensitive subject so I doubt there’s a ton of it out there.

It is indeed quite a sensitive topic, thus I thought of opening this thread as a way of creating consciousness somehow.
Thanks.
Actually, there are quite a few songs about it. Even pretty known ones. You just have to read between the lines many times because it is not always so explicit, like with the BFMV tune.

May 26, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #8 of 49

I’d mostly forgotten about this song for a while.
In hindsight, this one really stings.

Oh, I didn't know that one. Thanks for sharing. Looks like he did put quite some of his thoughts into his music before actually doing it... Of course he wasn't the only one.

Jun 19, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #11 of 49
No, not every song about this topic is rock/metal. It is just that a ton of other genres I listen to use to be instrumental (classical, jazz, electronic, prog...). However, this one could be an exception:

Jun 20, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #13 of 49
Jun 21, 2023 at 2:57 AM Post #14 of 49
Speak of devil, I was just listening to this yesterday. He committed S too! I heard he had epilepsy and hated life. Probably miserable with migraines. I knew people that got constant migraines and they looked crippled when that happens.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #15 of 49
Speak of devil, I was just listening to this yesterday. He committed S too! I heard he had epilepsy and hated life. Probably miserable with migraines. I knew people that got constant migraines and they looked crippled when that happens.

Damn, I didn't know about him doing it as well. Well, I have met some people who either have epilepsy or migraines. Idk if both. Anyway, migraines must be tough if the suffer them constantly -have family w/ them-.

Speaking of musicians that did it, here we had Mitch Lucker: . Quite mourning that he wrote the lyrics for "Don't Die" before his departure (they were sung by Eddie Hermida later).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back