The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Feb 20, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #1,441 of 4,701
Hello everyone on this thread! I'm newbie here, but hopes for your response. A few days ago i bought a pair of Takstar HI 2050's, which had many positive reviews, especially in this forum. But there is one big problem for me with this headphones - they are just TOO bright and sibilant! I've spent around 50 hours of burn-in with IsoTek track for large systems, but sound didn't get better - highs sounds like electrical distortions, i can't normally listen my music, if it's not classics or 80's records, where highs are not so present as in modern music. They just hurt my ears with annoying highs, so what should i do to fix that problem? Thanks, and sorry for my English (not my native language)

Feb 20, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #1,442 of 4,701
  Hello everyone on this thread! I'm newbie here, but hopes for your response. A few days ago i bought a pair of Takstar HI 2050's, which had many positive reviews, especially in this forum. But there is one big problem for me with this headphones - they are just TOO bright and sibilant! I've spent around 50 hours of burn-in with IsoTek track for large systems, but sound didn't get better - highs sounds like electrical distortions, i can't normally listen my music, if it's not classics or 80's records, where highs are not so present as in modern music. They just hurt my ears with annoying highs, so what should i do to fix that problem? Thanks, and sorry for my English (not my native language)

First, are your music files flac/properly ripped mp3's?

If your ears literally hurt because of the highs, maybe your listening volume is too loud? Try to listen at a moderate listening volume.

Feb 20, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #1,443 of 4,701
  First, are your music files flac/properly ripped mp3's?

If your ears literally hurt because of the highs, maybe your listening volume is too loud? Try to listen at a moderate listening volume.

I listen to flac files. Volume tuned at 20-30% on my PC. Talking about their hurts my ears - i clearly hear distortings at frequences 5kHz and more. Examples of music for tests, where highs are killing me: 30 seconds to mars, Pantera, Tanzwut, Dream Theater etc. Someone in this thread told about 200 hours of burn in to avoid sibilants, is it true?

Feb 20, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #1,444 of 4,701
I honestly didn't find them too sibilant with my setup from the start. Might be due to my setup at that point in time which was an E17 as dac and Objective2 for amp. The E17 is known to be slightly on the warm/dark side so that might've smoothed the treble. What's your current setup?

Feb 20, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #1,446 of 4,701
Try takstars with your phone, tv and any other source you can think off. If it sounds too bright on everything then there is very little you can do... Some people are more sensitive to highs than others. I tried hi2050 with my pc's bad quality soundcard and it was allmost painfull because of the highs. With other gear it's been great.

Feb 20, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #1,447 of 4,701
I agree with Beocord. I don't have issues because I'm a bit of a treblehead and like the sparkle of highs but others find it too piercing. It might change slightly with burn-in but a lot of times, if you don't like it initially... you're not going to grow to love it.

Feb 20, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #1,448 of 4,701
Also coming from bassier headphones might complicate things. Many people tend to adjust the volume so that they get the bass level they are used to. With neutral/bright headphones that leads to a situation where highs seem piercing but infact the listening volume is way too high..

Feb 20, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #1,450 of 4,701
I hope it works for you. By the way...has anyone tried addding dampening in the cups? I know there is that ring thingy, but perhaps there are still some reflecting surfaces that could affect the highs? 

Feb 20, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #1,452 of 4,701
I have it too but can't manage to have a proper seal, by the way it's nowhere as good as the HI 2500.
I was attracted at first by the fact the tehnical caracteristics  would have suited better  a utilisation with a dap but once again as Claus-DK  said nothing special to write about !

Feb 20, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #1,454 of 4,701

FYI - My HI2050's took a looooong time to finally burn-in. Probably over 150 hrs. They were very harsh and then turned into detail monsters...
As always a good source and amp go along way too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back