The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Jan 26, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #1,397 of 4,701
  My wallet begged not to ask, but whats your new love?

I need to wait a couple of weeks to see if it just a fling, I feel bad enough already having lured your wallet into an ambush, so I need to be sure that I still love them after some 100s hours of headtime..
I won´t talk you into "putting it in your cart" before I am absolutely positive myself..

But I can say we are in the 400-500 $ pricelevel, so you can start saving now 
bigsmile_face.gif
 at least you have a target and that head-fi has only ONE thread on this product...

Jan 27, 2014 at 7:02 AM Post #1,398 of 4,701
Sound's intriguing :) Keep us posted!  I'ts good to know which head-fiers have similar sound preferences. I don't have ability to demo that many headphones so it's a hit and miss game. Don't worry about my wallet. It's true that if it were a person it would look like Christian Bale in the Machinist but it is used to being skinny. I've been trying to arrange my finances so that next week i'll be buying an amp and dac will be upgraded before april. After that I'm open to the idea of buying 1-2 more semi expensive 500$ headphones and then that is it for me, hopefully for a long time. I'm hoping I could avoid spending until sennheiser or beyerdynamic release their new flagships. I'm guessing it won't take as long as it took going from hd600 to hd800. I think the release of akg k812 and rise of the orthodynamics forces senn and beyer to release new products with more rapid pace if they want to maintain their place at the very top. Most awesome thing would be if jvc released successor for dx1000 :) New true flagship, not something that is just repainted like dx2000.

Jan 28, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #1,399 of 4,701
FYI I've been listening to my HI2050's from my JDS Labs O2 and they sound awesome. 
L3000.gif

Just to hear how it would sound I tried them with my Little Dot MKV that I normally only use with my Beyer DT880's and I'll say it sounds very nice too! Different but very enjoyable, with a warm liquid smokey tube sound. The decay of notes sound magical. I also noticed they really allow you to hear the differences between cables (with the O2) making it fun to go through your cable collection and see how things sound with the Takstar's. Fun inexpensive headphone! I'll be keeping them.

Jan 29, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #1,400 of 4,701
  FYI I've been listening to my HI2050's from my JDS Labs O2 and they sound awesome. 
L3000.gif

Just to hear how it would sound I tried them with my Little Dot MKV that I normally only use with my Beyer DT880's and I'll say it sounds very nice too! Different but very enjoyable, with a warm liquid smokey tube sound. The decay of notes sound magical. I also noticed they really allow you to hear the differences between cables (with the O2) making it fun to go through your cable collection and see how things sound with the Takstar's. Fun inexpensive headphone! I'll be keeping them.

Correction on that - I have the LD MKIII but have been looking at the MKV which is SS. My bad...

Jan 30, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #1,401 of 4,701
hello!

Only one question : I think the Qpad QH-85 and Qpad QH-90 are headset versions of the Takstar 2050 and pro 80, anyone can confirm this?

thx.

Jan 30, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #1,403 of 4,701
Specs also as i see...

Takstar HI2050

• Type: Wired, open design
• Transducer Principle: Dynamic
• Wearing Style: Head worn
• Frequency Response: 15Hz-25kHz
• Sensitivity: 92dB±3dB
• Driver Diameter: Ø53mm
• Max.Input Power: 500mW
• Rated Power: 250mW
• Impedance: 60Ω
• Connector: stereo Ø3.5mm + Ø6.3mm gold plated
• Cable: Ø4mm x 2.2m + 1.8m extension cable
• Net Weight: 325g

QPAD_01.gif

Feb 1, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #1,404 of 4,701
A quick question for those who have heard the hd6000. I have the pro80 and am hoping the hd6000 have the following characteristics in comparison to the pro80.
1.lower bass extention
2.more body & bass texture
3.mids the same as they are
4.treble a bit rolled off, less extended (pro80 treble hurts my ears on some tracks).

BTW These pro 80 have no reason to cost this much, they could easily sell the for more than 3x the price if they wanted.

Feb 2, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #1,405 of 4,701
FYI Anyone with the HI2050 and I suppose any Takstar headphone should take a listen to the band Acoustic Alchemy. I just listened to Against the Grain and it was an awesome experience! So much stereo imaging from left to right channels and massive detail. I've heard this disc so many times but I don't think it ever sounded so good as this time on the Takstar's. 

Feb 2, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #1,406 of 4,701
  FYI Anyone with the HI2050 and I suppose any Takstar headphone should take a listen to the band Acoustic Alchemy. I just listened to Against the Grain and it was an awesome experience! So much stereo imaging from left to right channels and massive detail. I've heard this disc so many times but I don't think it ever sounded so good as this time on the Takstar's. 

+1

One of my favourite albums.

beerchug.gif

Feb 5, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #1,407 of 4,701
Hey, I'm looking for the best sub-$200 open headphones (I'd like to spend under $150 though), for general usage (i listen mostly to electro though, like justice and kavinsky and daft punk, NOT bass crazy stuff like bassnectar, skrillex, etc). I play SC2 (a 'cinematic' game) and no other games. I dont care about portability or sound leakage, but comfort is basically my #1 priority as i wear them for 8+ hours at a time, and I'm probably too nub to notice sound quality differences anyways. I currently have no preference about sound profile (being a nub and all).

So, I've already received my 558s. Why am I here, you ask? Because I would like to try a 2nd set of headphones. 

Now, comfort wise, I can tell these 558s are a step above the 681 Evo I got my gf this week, so I know I won't go return these in favor of an evo (i've yet to decide on which has better audio quality, definitely more balanced on the 558 though, less bass heavy, not necessarily a bad thing).

Anyways, my choice right now is buying either the Takstar 2050, or DT990, as my 2nd headphone that I'll try out and return the 'loser'. The appeal of the Takstars is how much cheaper they are, and, as I understand, are a step above the Evos.

My question to you guys, is Takstar 2050 vs 558 vs DT990 (a comparison I can't find anyone discussing), in comfort, SQ, and stage. Even if the DT990s (or even 558s) are higher quality, maybe if the takstars are equal comfort and not noticeably worse in audio, I'll go with them (you know, being 1/3rd the price and all). 

Thanks.

TLDR Takstar 2050 vs DT990 vs 558s. Comfort, Sound Quality (is it a noticeable/appreciable difference), Stage

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #1,409 of 4,701
A few pages back, i was complaining a little bit about the brightness of the takstar pro80. But now, about around 50 hrs of use, the harshness I mentioned was completely gone. The detail is still there but the "overly-bright-sound-for-me", not anymore.

But to be honest I kind of miss it
tongue.gif

Feb 7, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #1,410 of 4,701
I'm using my takstar with hm5 pads. Been listening to the takstar against the yamaha mt220s. The takstar is slightly less in the soundstage but IMO everything else sounds better. The mt220s are definitely more neutral but I enjoy the takstar much much more. Might sell the yammies. Anyone interested?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back