The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Mar 17, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #1,726 of 4,701
I would love to try those martin logans. But I have not found a good place to buy those in europe...Or Asia for that matter. I was hoping to get it with free shipping from China or something. After shipping fees, vat and toll fees it would cost me about 185$. Not bad...considering my local dealer sells mikros for 415$.

That is one of the reasons why companies such as Takstar and Superlux are so awesome. I't doesn't matter where you live, the headphones are still affordable.

Mar 17, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #1,728 of 4,701
Now I'm intrigued :) Just by looking at those two headphones it would be easy to assume those have nothing incommon. Propably I won't order those though... Unless I find a eu dealer with sane prices. Which is propably never going to happen. I guess with some weird logic it makes sense to let the headphones rot in storage until judgement day instead o f selling those with discounted prices. I waited for Pioneer se-a1000 prices to drop here after they had dropped in us but no use... It's still a over 100usd headphone in EU. Eventually I was lucky enough to get one used for a reasonable price...

Mar 17, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #1,732 of 4,701
Claus - I have read this entire thread TWICE. I know - weird. I have an illness that has allowed for lots of down time to read posts on head-fi. There is another head-fier gbnd who has asked the questions I am also interested in but nobody answered him. JHow does the HD6000 compare to the HD5500? Is the HD5500 really a basshead can with clarity or is that an exageration? @Massacre also recently asked a similar question but nobody answered him. I love the Gemini HSR 1000 and am curious about other Takstar products. Could you please share some insights with us? Thanks.

Mar 17, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #1,733 of 4,701
Takstar Pro80 = Gemini Dj HSR 1000 also Isk HF2011 is allmost identical and QPAD QH-90 is the headset version of Pro80

Takstar HI2050 = Great Hon Hf-2010Bingle B-910-M = Technical Pro HPT990 also Isk HP2010 is allmost identical and QPAD QH-85 is the headset version of Takstar HI2050

Mar 17, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #1,734 of 4,701
  Takstar Pro80 = Gemini Dj HSR 1000 also Isk HF2011 is allmost identical and QPAD QH-90 is the headset version of Pro80

Takstar HI2050 = Great Hon Hf-2010Bingle B-910-M = Technical Pro HPT990 also Isk HP2010 is allmost identical and QPAD QH-85 is the headset version of Takstar really pro 80 is equal to hsr 1000?

really pro 80 is equal to hsr 1000?

Mar 17, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #1,735 of 4,701
So I've understood. It's common that manufacturers do oem business too. Of course without having both I can't be sure. But it's 99% certain those are the same headphones. Why would gemini make their own headphones identical to takstar? Takstar has allready done the r&d and gemini can buy in bulk and sell those rebranded. Of course they could have someone manufacture crappy copies of takstars and sell those. But takstars are made with good materials so copying those would not be that affordable and the original Takstars are affordable so there is very little money to be made with counterfeit takstars. It would be a lot better to sell Some 0,50$ plastic Beats copies with huge profit...

Mar 17, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #1,736 of 4,701
  So I've understood. It's common that manufacturers do oem business too. Of course without having both I can't be sure. But it's 99% certain those are the same headphones. Why would gemini make their own headphones identical to takstar? Takstar has allready done the r&d and gemini can buy in bulk and sell those rebranded. Of course they could have someone manufacture crappy copies of takstars and sell those. But takstars are made with good materials so copying those would not be that affordable and the original Takstars are affordable so there is very little money to be made with counterfeit takstars. It would be a lot better to sell Some 0,50$ plastic Beats copies with huge profit...

so worth it buy hsr 1000 instead of pro 80 and save 20$?

Mar 18, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #1,738 of 4,701
Claus - I have read this entire thread TWICE. I know - weird. I have an illness that has allowed for lots of down time to read posts on head-fi. There is another head-fier gbnd who has asked the questions I am also interested in but nobody answered him. JHow does the HD6000 compare to the HD5500? Is the HD5500 really a basshead can with clarity or is that an exageration? @Massacre also recently asked a similar question but nobody answered him. I love the Gemini HSR 1000 and am curious about other Takstar products. Could you please share some insights with us? Thanks.

The only source I have for information about the Gemini is this thread, so I have no insight..
I have shared all I know about Takstar, this is the first post I write the word gemini and now I have done it twice and will not do it again..

I am a bit crazy but buying 3 or 4 different versions of the same phone in different boxes just to find out if they are identical, is to far out even for me

Mar 18, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #1,739 of 4,701

I've written it several times, and "basshead can with clarity" is a very good description of HD5500.

HD6000 really strives for being neutral, the bass is there, but is not prevalent, mids and highs are ok, on the whole it is a little bit dark sounding.

The HD5500 has a strong bass; I would not call it exaggerated, nor it does not spill into mids (and they is far from being muddy); the highs and mids are kind of recessed
(where as in HD6000 and even more Pro80, the highs have some emphasis so they counterbalance the bass)

I think that the main problem with HD5500 (I found the same complaint about d7100) is that if they sound good really depends on the song to which you listen to (and this applies both for rap/EDM and pop/rock),
where you can end up having really find clear presentation with fun bass or fatiguing bass which makes the song hard to digest
(when with HD6000 you get more normal listening conditions)

Mar 18, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #1,740 of 4,701
I wasn't asking about the Gemini since I already own it and, like I said, really love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back